Coronavirus (COVID-19)

A few guys in my work have been going back to the office and said that it was very staid and tense. You are pushed around by one way systems, have intrusive plastic panels etc and have a covid warden patrolling to check on people.  I said that I could well believe it but that going by Scottish government advice that should end on August 9th. Everyone agreed but also said that it would probably stay the same because people wouldn’t feel safe going back without all the hygiene theatre. But, for me, the hygiene theatre creates a false impression and also causes a lot of the anxiety. It’s a catch 22 and probably means a lot of people will stay working from home forever.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

All starting to go to shit again in Australia. titter.png

We'll be back to normal long before these lunatics.

State Health Minister Brad Hazzard described the Delta variant - which first emerged in India - as a "very formidable foe".

"No matter what defensive steps we're taking at the moment, the virus seems to understand how to counter-attack," he said

image.png.8fd352cab0086a279d548ba7f764c8a0.png

A few guys in my work have been going back to the office and said that it was very staid and tense. You are pushed around by one way systems, have intrusive plastic panels etc and have a covid warden patrolling to check on people.  I said that I could well believe it but that going by Scottish government advice that should end on August 9th. Everyone agreed but also said that it would probably stay the same because people wouldn’t feel safe going back without all the hygiene theatre. But, for me, the hygiene theatre creates a false impression and also causes a lot of the anxiety. It’s a catch 22 and probably means a lot of people will stay working from home forever.
"Covid Warden" aka a megalomaniac weirdo who has volunteered for a ridiculous title and a power trip?

2,639 new cases of COVID-19 reported

31,695 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

8.9% of these were positive

1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) 

17 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 18)

196 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 197)

3,747,510 people have received the first dose of the covid vaccination and 2,679,357 have received their second dose

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Dear oh dear.

I think they missed the fact that "doing your job" isn't really something which then gives you carte blanche to then carry on as you please, doing things such as breaking your own laws, being involved in blatant corruption where you feather your own nest and those around you and basically using and abusing your position for your own personal benefit.

The man should be doing jail time and might yet with any luck.

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:
58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

"Covid Warden" aka a megalomaniac weirdo who has volunteered for a ridiculous title and a power trip?

We’ve not got any wardens in my work but a fair few snakes around. There’s a rule that we’ve to wear a facemask anywhere within the company building’s and outside in the car parks etc. I was in a large office on my own and had all the windows open, and thought I’d just keep my mask off at my desk as it was roasting. Some wee snake walked by the window and pointed to put a mask on, then security came over and told me to either wear it or leave :lol: 

2,639 new cases of COVID-19 reported
31,695 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
8.9% of these were positive
1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) 
17 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 18)
196 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (down from 197)
3,747,510 people have received the first dose of the covid vaccination and 2,679,357 have received their second dose

We just don’t know

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Dear oh dear.

I think they missed the fact that "doing your job" isn't really something which then gives you carte blanche to then carry on as you please, doing things such as breaking your own laws, being involved in blatant corruption where you feather your own nest and those around you and basically using and abusing your position for your own personal benefit.

I took that tweet to be a joke, tbh.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

We’ve not got any wardens in my work but a fair few snakes around. There’s a rule that we’ve to wear a facemask anywhere within the company building’s and outside in the car parks etc. I was in a large office on my own and had all the windows open, and thought I’d just keep my mask off at my desk as it was roasting. Some wee snake walked by the window and pointed to put a mask on, then security came over and told me to either wear it or leave :lol: 

I hope you left.

That must be a company policy as legally you only need to wear one whilst moving through communal areas
Your company sounnd like p***ks in that case, for all my works flaws they have pretty much just played the game when it comes to the covid rules

9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I got told off by some 19 year old kid behind the bar for not putting my mask on to walk the 4 metres from my table to the door to outside. You would think I'd stood up with a loaded gun the way he reacted and shouted across the pub. This nonsense has broken us as a species.

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I took that tweet to be a joke, tbh.

You might be right, but God knows nowadays as there's some serious rockets kicking about.

Dear oh dear.
Almost as bad as missing the fact that it was a joke post from an account which regularly slates the government.

I got told off by some 19 year old kid behind the bar for not putting my mask on to walk the 4 metres from my table to the door to outside. You would think I'd stood up with a loaded gun the way he reacted and shouted across the pub. This nonsense has broken us as a species.
Had something similar in Greggs, leaving the shop and some auld wifey come sprinting out from behind the counter screaming about masks, nutter. I always wear masks in store but I was about 2 steps from leaving when I removed it.

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Almost as bad as missing the fact that it was a joke post from an account which regularly slates the government.

Sorry, but I don't do "social media" other than P&B so not really subtle enough for me as a dig.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It's sad the way scaremongering has made certain people. I was at the rugby yesterday as my mate couldnt use his ticket. A guy along from me left midway through the 1st half with his teenage son as they didnt feel "safe". When are they ever going to feel safe if they didnt in a sanitised environment with 3 seater between folk and face masks 🙄