Coronavirus (COVID-19)

35 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's frightening how often I see comments like this. How can anyone who wants to live a free and dignified life think this way?

I think because it has been a gradual mission creep over the last 15 months or so, it's easy for people to forget how ridiculous all this would have sounded at the start of just last year. Governments have learned a lot about how much control over the public they're able to get away with.

image.png.c0077a5de2730c25528945f1826041b7.png

It's a wind-up, tbf. There are plenty like that on every Covid story now. 😅

One thing I've noticed is that over the last month and a half of shambles for pupils at school sitting 'exams', and the unbelievable stress they have been under, the folk at "UsForThem" have been virtually silent.

It's almost as if getting kids back to school to stop the disruption to education wasn't their actual priority.

2,836 new cases of COVID-19 reported

33,569 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

8.9% of these were positive

3 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

18 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (from 16 yesterday)

197 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (from 188 yesterday)

3,730,101 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,666,827 have received their second dose

As reported yesterday, Public Health Scotland (PHS) are aware of an ongoing delay in results from the Glasgow Lighthouse laboratory. The laboratory is continuing to issue results as tests are processed whilst investigating and resolving the cause of the delay.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Another big L for the 'keep the boardurzzz shut!!!11' mob.

Hancock helping out with the quarantine centres probably wasn't the best idea.

On 25/06/2021 at 14:53, superbigal said:

Young lad at work who brought it back from London has unfortunately spread it to the whole family.  1 month old son in Ninewells.  Fingers crossed.

Hope the wee baby is ok & it's not serious.

I read a news article the other day saying a lot of kids are appearing in A&E with fevers but mainly its other respiratory infections, but at the same time, hearing anecdotally from a couple of neighbours and friends of whole families testing positive for Covid and the kids feeling ill with it too, all just at home in bed though, nothing too bad.

Edited by s_dog

If anyone’s curious how the rugby chasers are getting on at Murrayfield they’ve just stopped selling alcohol due to the lack of social distancing in the queues.

If anyone’s curious how the rugby chasers are getting on at Murrayfield they’ve just stopped selling alcohol due to the lack of social distancing in the queues.
I think it was because they ran out of booze, certainly going by what I've seen on social media. Beer was sold out before kick off.