Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I wonder if Devi will start blocking all those in her replies that seem upset she's not advocating her zero covid pish. She has previous for it with anyone who questions anything she says after all. 

I had little respect for her before her heel change yesterday and that's not changed. Anything to keep herself in the public eye eh. 

The seethe from Devi's Doves...

image.png.b69138e1f34dde32e4f04a957bb06199.png

It's absolutely delicious to see it slowly dawning on the Lockdownphiles that the #ZeroCovid fantasy they have fully bought and parroted for the last 15 months (largely on the basis the SG said something and they can do no wrong) is being abandoned by their favourite advisors and crashing down around them, leaving them all alone and having exposed themselves to their friends etc as the piss-stained Lovejoys they are.

image.png.d13a6b27f09b9a5dce2e30fa7264e0d2.png

Edited by Todd_is_God

16 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I wonder if Devi will start blocking all those in her replies that seem upset she's not advocating her zero covid pish. She has previous for it with anyone who questions anything she says after all. 

I had little respect for her before her heel change yesterday and that's not changed. Anything to keep herself in the public eye eh. 

You couldn't mark her neck with a blow torch.

On 22/06/2021 at 09:27, Granny Danger said:

You have absolutely no idea the extent of the impact on my business, neither do the other posters who have made unwarranted assumptions.  However it suits your narrative to make these uninformed statements.

Publish your accounts!

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Admittedly I know nothing about LFT seeing as I’ve yet to take one. What would be stopping people who got a positive LFT just not bothering to get a PCR? Surely there isn’t some tracker on the tests that automatically follows up a positive LFT  with a PCR

Absolutely nothing, they are pointless and relying on people uploading results online.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Tartan Army variant strikes

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-57580118

“Surge” “shameful” “haven’t seen my nan in a year and these folk are partying”. Add in whatever other usual retorts we’ll no doubt find spouted today.

If we keep on testing more and more fit and healthy people we’re going to find more cases. The fact is the majority of adults have now had at least 1 vaccine and hospital admissions have plummeted.

We need to be able to start living our lives. I’ve no idea how accurate it was, but I read that deaths from the flu were now currently 10 times higher than covid. If so, kind of puts things into perspective.

Still though, quite amusing seeing some folk that blew their top when Rangers fans gathered now turn a blind eye (not specifically on here, I might add).

Edited by AJF

On 22/06/2021 at 11:41, super_carson said:

I know plenty folk in their twenties and early thirties who are still terrified of this virus.  They often repeat whatever has been said on the news word for word and they quite often tend not to exercise critical reasoning or personal risk management. I've had conversations/arguments with colleagues who think that I'm being "irresponsible" and putting them at risk by returning to contact sport. 

But I don't blame them so much.  I firmly believe the blame for this lies with the governments, advisors and media whose continual messaging of "stay safe, save lives" has conditioned people who are, to all intents and purpose, at low risk from the virus into believing that they'll die if they go anywhere near anyone else.  

Even if they lifted restrictions tomorrow, you'd still find a significant percentage of the population who don't want to go back to the "old" normal.  That may because they are quite comfortable with how things are now, or it might be because they have been traumatised by the messaging of the last 15 months.  Either way, it's a hell of a job to bring these people back from the brink.  

Tbh, I'm quite comfortable with how things are, but I still want restrictions lifted and things opened up, because that's what we need to do for everyone's sake.

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Tartan Army variant strikes

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-57580118

"The 19th of July and the 9th of August are not in pen in the calendar. They are in pencil in the calendar. They can be changed if the numbers don't continue to help us on the way and vaccination doesn't help us," he added

What does “if vaccination doesn’t help us” mean? What a bizarre fucking thing for Clownshoes to come out with, given the absolute tsunami of evidence that the vaccines are cigaring the f**k out of the virus.

Even if we assume he meant a drop off in vaccination numbers, that’s a big jump from what he actually said.

Absolute fucking weirdo.

10 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Does anyone know how this is monitored or strictly enforced? 

BEEAFA39-49E1-468F-A58F-E80C47FBE7CC.png

Answer your phone call, if you get it, that is the only enforcement there is. And as has been said, you have buy the test for the passenger locator form. Beyond that just do you what you want

Seriously suggesting that almost 4% of the entire population of England has long covid. [emoji15]
What proportion of cases is this incidence of long covid being attributed to? I ask because seemingly 1 in 3 are asymptomatic. You would imagine long covid would be rare in asymptomatic cases, which leaves 66% of covid sufferers liable for long covid. It must have some hit rate among that population.....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Seriously suggesting that almost 4% of the entire population of England has long covid. emoji15.png

What proportion of cases is this incidence of long covid being attributed to? I ask because seemingly 1 in 3 are asymptomatic. You would imagine long covid would be rare in asymptomatic cases, which leaves 66% of covid sufferers liable for long covid. It must have some hit rate among that population.....

If you applied it across the ones that have actually been diagnosed, the implication would be that half of those that got it have long covid. Clearly that's nonsense. 

There are any number of undiagnosed cases of Covid, that's a given. But we can't seriously be suggesting that those that never knew they had it are now reporting these symptoms and we've just decided it must be Covid. There are any number of things that it could be, neve remind considering that self-diagnosis just isn't a thing. 

It's been a while since the long covid card was played as a scare tactic, but here we are. 

If you applied it across the ones that have actually been diagnosed, the implication would be that half of those that got it have long covid. Clearly that's nonsense. 
There are any number of undiagnosed cases of Covid, that's a given. But we can't seriously be suggesting that those that never knew they had it are now reporting these symptoms and we've just decided it must be Covid. There are any number of things that it could be, neve remind considering that self-diagnosis just isn't a thing. 
It's been a while since the long covid card was played as a scare tactic, but here we are. 
We have someone on the pat and mick at work officially diagnosed with long Covid despite never having tested positive or had symptoms. It's going to the new ME !!!

Imagine Keir Starmer or anyone on the Labour front bench had a set of baws - they'd be challenging this. But no, they'd prefer to continue bouncing everyone into pointless 'hotel quarantine', just as the rest of Europe and the US opens up, highlighting just how amateur hour, out of touch, and unfit to govern they truly are.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

The seethe from Devi's Doves...

image.png.b69138e1f34dde32e4f04a957bb06199.png

It's absolutely delicious to see it slowly dawning on the Lockdownphiles that the #ZeroCovid fantasy they have fully bought and parroted for the last 15 months (largely on the basis the SG said something and they can do no wrong) is being abandoned by their favourite advisors and crashing down around them, leaving them all alone and having exposed themselves to their friends etc as the piss-stained Lovejoys they are.

image.png.d13a6b27f09b9a5dce2e30fa7264e0d2.png

The point you're making is weakened by the fact that you're getting a political dig in. 

Most people would see this as nothing to do with politics. I'm an SNP member and I've opposed SG policies on Covid to the extent that I've written to my MP and MSP to register my thoughts (big deal, I know).  Many of my friends, lifelong SNP voters, feel the same way. 

Equally, I have family members who vote Tory, but never miss a Nicola Sturgeon press conference, quote her endlessly.... 'Nicola said we can't....', and follow SG instructions to the letter. 

People's behaviour has nothing to do with their political leanings for the vast majority. It's to do with the type of people they are.