Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’ve heard of 30-40 people from Perth testing positive after travelling to London.

Almost definitely explains our case increases.

A full bus load went down from Scone and literally every single one, plus some of their family members, tested positive aftwards.

41 minutes ago, Detournement said:

What she is saying is undeniably true.

It's undeniably irrelevant to the development of the pandemic, given that there was no such enormous gender split in cases for 15 months until, erm, a football tournament started churning out games three times a day.

The baseline willingness of all daft blokes to take risks is a completely redundant explanation. 

Didn't realise that Italy and Poland have imposed mandatory quarantine on UK arrivals in the last 24 hours with several other European destinations popular with Brits considering tightening restrictions for UK arrivals amidst our rising case numbers. You really couldn't make this all up now. No doubt the UK will now lift quarantine at this end but we still wont get to travel to a large number of popular countries. Sick of the uncertainty and moved our Canaries holiday in July to November as this just seems never ending.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Holidays don't fulfill any economic need. What is essential to you personally means nothing to the people that actually make decisions. 

We are at the beginning of a transition from a consumption oriented economy towards a rent oriented economy. The planet can no longer support continual growth and governments are going to have to take unpopular steps.

In a thread where you have posted some bizarre and frankly ridiculous takes, that is definitely the most bizarre and ridiculous of all.

Fucking hell. 😂

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

In a thread where you have posted some bizarre and frankly ridiculous takes, that is definitely the most bizarre and ridiculous of all.

Fucking hell. 😂

He might want to consult economists and politicians from countries on the Med, or even the fact that 5% of Scottish GDP is reliant on holidays travel and tourism.

Is it possible he's just a troll account? It's looking like the only real explanation to me now.

16 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Didn't realise that Italy and Poland have imposed mandatory quarantine on UK arrivals in the last 24 hours with several other European destinations popular with Brits considering tightening restrictions for UK arrivals amidst our rising case numbers. You really couldn't make this all up now. No doubt the UK will now lift quarantine at this end but we still wont get to travel to a large number of popular countries. Sick of the uncertainty and moved our Canaries holiday in July to November as this just seems never ending.

The Polish quarantine doesn't apply to those fully vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

He might want to consult economists and politicians from countries on the Med, or even the fact that 5% of Scottish GDP is reliant on holidays travel and tourism.

Is it possible he's just a troll account? It's looking like the only real explanation to me now.

I mean, taking the direct travel and tourism industry out of the equation, the financial hardship and loss of jobs even as a secondary result of travel industry dying would be widespread, devastating and long lasting.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Nah, he’s just a moron.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fucking hell. 😂

It's just moving money from one place to another. There is a distinction between the circulation of money and the production of value. 

There has been virtually no tourism for 16 months yet in that period American billionaires increased their wealth by 25% ($1 trillion). 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's just moving money from one place to another. There is a distinction between the circulation of money and the production of value. 

There has been virtually no tourism for 16 months yet in that period American billionaires increased their wealth by 25% ($1 trillion). 

Ahhhh I see. So this is all part of your illuminati shtick.

Aye, I'll leave you be then. 

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

And yet economies the world over have utterly tanked and will take a year or two to return to their pre-pandemic level because of... utterly battered sectors like travel, tourism, and aviation. 🥴

You need to lay off the glue and 101 conspiracy economics, bud.

Edited by Elixir

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There has been virtually no live football crowds for 16 months yet in that period my toenails increased in length by 25%.

These two things have about as much correlation to one another as your ridiculous example of linking the wealth of the mega rich to tourism.

Edited by djchapsticks

Those case numbers 😂

5 people I was at Leicester Square with are positive including my brother but somehow I’m still testing negative.

Outdoor transmission is obviously a total non event and it must have been trains/pubs that spread it.

Done 3 x Lateral Flows and 1 x PCR and all negative and the people I stayed with/went to pubs with are all negative too.

The Tartan Army Gamma Premium variant is surely pending.

Edited by Les Cabbage

Anyone had thumping headache as symptom? I'm on day two and seems its a delta symptom. Two LFT negative, middle child isolating after kid at school positive and she was close contact. PRC for her today.

Anyone had thumping headache as symptom? I'm on day two and seems its a delta symptom. Two LFT negative, middle child isolating after kid at school positive and she was close contact. PRC for her today.
I had an aching back, it felt like it had a chill on it like a draft, then loss of taste, that's when I knew. The cough (sore as f**k btw) didn't come until after my test came back positive. They said by then I was already past my infectious period. Thankfully never got the headache or even a temperature.

Still get the aching back to this day.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

I had an aching back, it felt like it had a chill on it like a draft, then loss of taste, that's when I knew. The cough (sore as f**k btw) didn't come until after my test came back positive. They said by then I was already past my infectious period. Thankfully never got the headache or even a temperature.

Still get the aching back to this day.

If I get a general virus I always get sore back and hips. 

On 20/06/2021 at 17:09, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I'm fairly clued up on what Dex is for and I think in theory it probably could be quite useful for Covid, or indeed any other disease/ailment that comes with respiratory issues. Also, I'm fairly certain that it is relatively cheap.

This other one, from what I can gather after a quick Google, would appear to be as far away from being useful as thrush cream would be.

I don't buy into it either.

We've already done a massive trial of dexamethasone in Covid (RECOVERY). It reduces mortality at 28 days if you require oxygen or a ventilator, but of no benefit otherwise (and might actually worsen Covid outcomes if given unnecessarily). It's hilarious seeing Hancock push this a a Great British Breakthrough™, given dex is an ancient steroid  that we've used in a wide number of conditions for years and is cheap as chips.

I can't really see a plausible pharmacological reason invermectin might work. Pleased there's going to be a proper randomised controlled trial on it though, but my gut feeling is it will either be of no benefit or may actually cause worse outcomes, like hydroxychloroquine. Either way, I think any clinical effect will be small.

Although I agree on your sentiment there may be a good reason for EasyJet to star this flight in that it will get crew and aircraft back to flight standards, I wouldn’t be surprised if once everything has calmed down the flight will be dropped.
Crystal ball stuff

BBC News - Covid: EasyJet cancels flights over Manchester-Scotland travel ban
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57585295

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

You are honestly an absolute fucking moron. Not even a troll. Just a moron.