Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Holidays don't fulfill any economic need. What is essential to you personally means nothing to the people that actually make decisions. 

We are at the beginning of a transition from a consumption oriented economy towards a rent oriented economy. The planet can no longer support continual growth and governments are going to have to take unpopular steps.

Besides your 'holidays don't fill any economic need' (lol) drivel - one in ten jobs worldwide depend on tourism - you're also making the rookie mistake that travel is simply for holidays and not business or the fact so many family ties span countries and continents.

You are an absolute crackpot.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Besides your 'holidays don't fill any economic need' (lol) drivel - one in ten jobs worldwide depend on tourism - you're also making the rookie mistake that travel is simply for holidays and not business or the fact so many family ties span countries and continents.

I obviously understand that. I just don't think it matters. Mass air travel has only been around for 30-40 years, it is bizarre to think that it's permanent. Global air travel has more than doubled since 2004, it cannot continue on it's current trajectory.

I find it very odd that you can look at a world where huge numbers of people are denied the very basics of life such as clean water, food and health care yet be completely confident that your own levels of consumption are somehow cast iron guaranteed forever. 

59 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Both valid points, like. Shame a flight would take about a quarter of the time and be about half the price on average. If you want to cut down on quick domestic flights like this, then there has to be a genuine incentive to go by train which is more than just to keep the Green freaks happy.

This is the thing, the UK is currently one of the "greenest" countries in the world, however everything we do pales in to complete insignificance in global terms, still, if it makes the middle classes feel better about themselves prior to jumping in to their hypocritical Chelsea Tractor then fair do's.

Until such times as China, India, Russia, the USA and quite a few others change stance then it's basically all a pointless exercise and nothing more than a token gesture to appease a few zealots who in the 21st century seem to have a major voice for some bizarre reason.

Just tested positive there. Feeling absolute shite but it is what it is. The thing that has pissed me off the most is that 4 lateral tests didn't pick it up. Absolutely fucking useless.

On annual leave and my last day of isolation is the day before I'm back at work. Reckon I'm the angriest c**t in FK right now.

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

The queen of the unhelpful panic speaks.

So, are you unhappy with what she has said?

You need to remember that according to some on this thread, Devi was making the decisions for the Scottish Government.  If that was the case (it wasn’t, but leave that to one side) and she is saying this, it really will be over in 6 weeks or so.  

Public health expert Prof Linda Bauld, from the University of Edinburgh, said she "would not rush" to blame the increase on any particular activity without more evidence, but suggested that males may be less averse to risky behaviour.

She said: "Males are more likely to takes risks and as the environment changes they may be more willing to engage in behaviours that maybe women are a little bit less likely to, or maybe a little bit more cautious - or maybe have fewer opportunities to.

The lengths of sexist drivel Bauld is resorting to here, when the reason why a yawning gulf in cases has opened up in the past week is perfectly fucking obvious. 

38 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Are you new to this forum? I think most folk have known that for a long time. 😀

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I obviously understand that. I just don't think it matters. Mass air travel has only been around for 30-40 years, it is bizarre to think that it's permanent. Global air travel has more than doubled since 2004, it cannot continue on it's current trajectory.

I find it very odd that you can look at a world where huge numbers of people are denied the very basics of life such as clean water, food and health care yet be completely confident that your own levels of consumption are somehow cast iron guaranteed forever. 

Bizarre to think mass air travel is permanent? What sort of nonsense is this? It's already back to pre-pandemic levels in places like the US and China, and will be above pre-pandemic levels in Europe in 2023: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/international-passenger-numbers-expected-to-exceed-pre-pandemic-levels-in-2023/

There have been the haves and have nots since the beginning of time. My 'levels of consumption' matter not a jot. The aviation industry clearly knows demand isn't just going to disappear (did they clear this with Schwab and the WEF, m8?), but I'll let you keep your concern if it makes you feel better.

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This is the thing, the UK is currently one of the "greenest" countries in the world, however everything we do pales in to complete insignificance in global terms, still, if it makes the middle classes feel better about themselves prior to jumping in to their hypocritical Chelsea Tractor then fair do's.

Until such times as China, India, Russia, the USA and quite a few others change stance then it's basically all a pointless exercise and nothing more than a token gesture to appease a few zealots who in the 21st century seem to have a major voice for some bizarre reason.

Yup, Europe is the pioneer of green technology. It's these other clowns that need to get in line.

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Very much like the analogy I keep repeating. 

We're in a swimming pool. I need a pee. I feel good about myself because I do the decent thing and go to the toilet. It's a hassle but I do it.

Unfortunately, the Americans, Indians and the Chinese are still pissing in the pool. The Chinese are doing it from the high diving board and no-one is saying anything to stop them.

The swimming pool is still full of pish despite my best efforts.

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

?

This was your first post on a Scottish football forum m8, what else could the T possibly stand for?

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Watching the football from Hungary and Denmark makes me so jealous. It is about time that we are allowed to get on and live our lives as we want. I'm sick to the back teeth of our dictator Sturgeon. 

35 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Just tested positive there. Feeling absolute shite but it is what it is. The thing that has pissed me off the most is that 4 lateral tests didn't pick it up. Absolutely fucking useless.

On annual leave and my last day of isolation is the day before I'm back at work. Reckon I'm the angriest c**t in FK right now.

You should be able to get your leave back if you’re ill.

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Because I called Sturgeon a dictator ? 

Well comparing her to Orban is definitely absurd in the dictator stakes, of course. But it's more about not delving into the chat about the team you support first, before declaring yourself as a numpty in General Nonsense. Hungary has had the highest deaths per capita in Europe due to Covid as it happens, alongside some of the most restrictive covid rules, so it's not a great example on that level either.

13 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Very much like the analogy I keep repeating. 

We're in a swimming pool. I need a pee. I feel good about myself because I do the decent thing and go to the toilet. It's a hassle but I do it.

Unfortunately, the Americans, Indians and the Chinese are still pissing in the pool. The Chinese are doing it from the high diving board and no-one is saying anything to stop them.

The swimming pool is still full of pish despite my best efforts.

I have never thought that getting out a pool to have a pee as being “a hassle”, just something any civilised person would do.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well comparing her to Orban is definitely absurd in the dictator stakes, of course. But it's more about not delving into the chat about the team you support first, before declaring yourself as a numpty in General Nonsense. Hungary has had the highest deaths per capita in Europe due to Covid as it happens, alongside some of the most restrictive covid rules, so it's not a great example on that level either.

I'm sorry if I don't follow your rules. 🤔

31 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

So, are you unhappy with what she has said?

You need to remember that according to some on this thread, Devi was making the decisions for the Scottish Government.  If that was the case (it wasn’t, but leave that to one side) and she is saying this, it really will be over in 6 weeks or so.  

Absolutely fine with what’s she’s said there, it’s just the exact thing she argued about/blocked people when she demanded people listened to her “zero Covid is how to end the pandemic” nonsense.

More than happy to be smug about it now she’s pivoted and changed her tune. Don’t think anybody needed “expertise” to effectively question why zero Covid would be remotely necessary in a vaccinated population.