Coronavirus (COVID-19)

50 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

….which is absolutely nothing to these numbers which are PCR tests but thanks for playing.

42 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I’m not sure how many times this point has been made

I’m equally not sure how many times the point needs to be made that every positive lateral flow test is followed up with a (most likely) positive PCR, therefore bumping up the numbers of positive cases and positivity rate, as the negatives are not followed up with negative PCRs. But just in case...

43 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Well it will clearly be impacting the numbers as every positive LFT is to be followed up by a PCR test. So widespread LFT will result in more positive PCR tests.

There you go.

I wonder how long it will take the roasters on here to pivot from “we’re not seeing hospitalisation/death rates increase” to “hospitalisation/death rates are increasing but they’re at an acceptable level and not nearly as bad as before”.
Whats wrong with either of those sentiments?

Are you saying no hospitilsation/death is acceptable?

Which bit specifically makes people who say there is a level of acceptable hospitalisation and death a roaster?

You have the mind of a child and have probably DMd Devi to tell her she has brains AND beauty.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Was exponential growth discovered in the past week?

I suspect that TA fanboys traipsing down to London to, erm, not go to a game are going to get Scottish football buried under club-killing restrictions. The optics of this are disastrous. 

We've clearly been in an exponential growth period for a while now. The higher transmission of the Delta variant and relaxed restrictions are allowing fairly rapid transmission around unvaccinated groups. I'm quite certain as you are, that large congregations of fans in and around London (as well as general mixing for the football up here)will have added to that but we were already well on the way. 

Not sure why this would bring about club killing restrictions now though. If ScotGov were going to reverse opening they would have done it weeks ago. The mood music is clearly now in favour of battering through until all vaccinations are completed.  The link to hospitalisations is now far weaker. Tier 1 and even tier 0 are still likely to pretty restrictive for the top two tiers of football, fan wise as it is.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

The link to hospitalisations is now far weaker. Tier 1 and even tier 0 are still likely to pretty restrictive for the top two tiers of football, fan wise as it is.

Does the past week's events make it more or less likely that they will be punted into the bin in the near future? That's the club-killing restrictions, right there. 

Edited by vikingTON

Spain removes Covid entry requirements for much of Europe

Spain has removed several European countries and regions from its list of Covid-19 "risk countries."

The result is that travelers from Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Finland, Hungary, Poland or Romania will not be required to show evidence of vaccination or a negative PCR test in order to enter Spain.

In addition, people arriving from certain regions of Germany, Croatia, France, Greece, Italy, Norway and Portugal will also be exempt from the Covid travel requirements.

These countries and regions join the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Israel, Malta, and Rwanda, all of which were already deemed not "at risk" by the Spanish government.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Does the past week's events make it more or less likely that they will be punted into the bin in the near future? That's the club-killing restrictions, right there. 

Unless it translates into a large increase in hospitalisations, my guess is it won't make a huge difference. 

The Scottish Government have, at least in terms of the UK, been fairly quick to get restrictions in place - over zealous to some, I'm sure. If they were worried about this placing undue pressure on the NHS, then they would have reversed relaxation on hospitality and indoor mixing weeks ago, as sustained case growth was always going to be the result of maintaining restrictions at their current level regardless of the Euros.

There is a route plan through to 9th August which should make going to the football a far less onerous experience, I don't currently see them suddenly doing a volte face on that.

Edited by renton

Infectivity is running at well less than 1% in most European countries where testing is high.

No Delta carrying chappies in Berlin, Warsaw, Budapest or Rome yet.

There were less than 200 cases today in Serbia, Czech, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Croatia, Poland, Switzerland, Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, Ireland, Finland, Norway.

Only 264 in Germany !!!

Surely it kick off in Europe again?

Just saved having to shell out 80 quid for a PCR test for my 11 year old daughter. Greece helpfully changed the age limit for testing required from 5 to 12 this afternoon.

Cancelled the test and they said that the money will be refunded within 3 days.

So the only thing that will stop me going to Greece on Saturday will be Nicola's border guards on the M74 or Greece looking at our figures and saying the UK is a red country and nobody's allowed in.

10 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Just saved having to shell out 80 quid for a PCR test for my 11 year old daughter. Greece helpfully changed the age limit for testing required from 5 to 12 this afternoon.

Cancelled the test and they said that the money will be refunded within 3 days.

So the only thing that will stop me going to Greece on Saturday will be Nicola's border guards on the M74 or Greece looking at our figures and saying the UK is a red country and nobody's allowed in.

Resented having to use the Scotgov's expensive nominated firm for day 2 and 8 after you get home, but they're really quick. Posted mine for a 4pm collection on Monday, negative result back at 10am Tuesday. Not sure if they do pre flight tests, it was a bit nerve wracking waiting to see if I'd get the result in 48 hrs as promised with the firm I went with.

P.S. Give yourself plenty time to do the Passenger Locator Forms before you come back, and try to do them sober, especially if you've got a whole family's to do. The UK one is a pain in the arse, they want everything in duplicate. Portugal and Spain's were a 2 minute job.

Edited by welshbairn

I wonder how long it will take the roasters on here to pivot from “we’re not seeing hospitalisation/death rates increase” to “hospitalisation/death rates are increasing but they’re at an acceptable level and not nearly as bad as before”.

I don’t understand the sentiment behind this post unless that sentiment is either “I want to live in lockdown forever” or “I’m solely motivated by my beefs with posters on this website”

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Genuine questions.

Do you think there is an acceptable level of hospitalisation and/or death?

If yes, what would that look like in terms of numbers.

If not what do you propose we do going forward?

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Resented having to use the Scotgov's expensive nominated firm for day 2 and 8 after you get home, but they're really quick. Posted mine for a 4pm collection on Monday, negative result back at 10am Tuesday. Not sure if they do pre flight tests, it was a bit nerve wracking waiting to see if I'd get the result in 48 hrs as promised with the firm I went with.

P.S. Give yourself plenty time to do the Passenger Locator Forms before you come back, and try to do them sober, especially if you've got a whole family's to do. The UK one is a pain in the arse, they want everything in duplicate. Portugal and Spain's were a 2 minute job.

Cheers. Aye, a bit of a racket making you get the CTM tests for £170 per person (unless Rhodes goes green tomorrow which is unlikely).

Rumours of there being no need to quarantine because we're double jabbed. We'll see what BoJo says tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
15 minutes ago, SuperT said:
Watching the football from Hungary and Denmark makes me so jealous. It is about time that we are allowed to get on and live our lives as we want. I'm sick to the back teeth of our dictator Sturgeon. 

So who's this then?

What ?