Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Did my first Covid test today after the other half guilt tripped me into it. I had been in London at weekend and she also played the "my dad is vulnerable" card. I responded with "he's also double jagged" but had to accept defeat (for a quiet life more than anything) .

It wasn't pleasant and I have no intention of doing it again but I'm pleased to report that I haven't brought back the Tartan Army variant.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

He is such a little oddball of a man. Absolutely no ulterior motives for Green freaks wanting international travel in the gutter, no sir! Remember though, they claim to be internationalists and welcoming to immigrants!

image.gif

They can still come, they'll just need to keep using old paddling pools and wardrobes to cross the Channel.

50 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Here could stand in for all of the Western world if you want it to.

But also noting that the UK has been one of the worst performing countries and even with a vaccine lead it is now the comfortably counting the most infections in Europe.

Is it actually still 'one of the worst performing countries' now? In any case, Scotland isn't any different from rUK.

Also, nobody actually gives a toss about 'cases' any more, hence the rightful shift in focus to hospitalisation rates.

47 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Is that still happening? I haven't signed in anywhere in ages

Possibly varies. Being able to spontaneously rock up anywhere at any time is what makes going out so much better, so the sooner it's all binned off, the better.

47 minutes ago, Detournement said:

So if what she described today goes to plan gigs could be back in August?

Only with a passport and tin foil hat. You’re halfway there. 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Just get face masks to absolute fucking f**k.

I’ve given mine up, still being asked to wear on in the playground ( OUTSIDE) to pick up the Bairn from school is just laughable. 

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Upgraded Delta variant just announced. Johnson ready to get his excuses in. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-india-reports-new-delta-plus-coronavirus-variant-of-concern-12339465

Comes with extra leg room and a dedicated space for your bag.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/onboard-experience/delta-comfort-plus