Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not listened to her update, and there has been lots of chopping and changing already previously, so hopefully this is truly the move towards pre-pandemic normality we all crave, like Denmark etc are doing. If someone could provide a quick summary that would be great.

Edit: and as per the above, anything about when our shan wee masks will be in the bin?

Edited by Elixir

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Not listened to her update, and there has been lots of chopping and changing already previously, so hopefully this is truly the move towards pre-pandemic normality we all crave, like Denmark etc are doing. If someone could provide a quick summary that would be great.

Edit: and as per the above, anything about when shan wee masks will be in the bin?

Face masks will be worn on transport and shops for a small period of time. 

Just get face masks to absolute fucking fuck.
You know whats a big thing for me, more so than the clearly shite experience of wearing the mask... The anxiety of forgetting them, the awkwardness of going into a shop and trying to figure out if theres too many, the awkwardness the shopkeepers clearly feel when they have to tell you to wait etc.

Having to rush your business because theres a big queue forming etc etc.

All of these things are totally un natural and I simply cannot wait till it all fucks off.

I hate to burst anyone’s bubble but you do realise every time a deadline has been offered, every time it has been stretched? 

August 9th? A cynical meh from me. A week before the schools go back - thus denying any real shot at a holiday season (and therefore placating Devi and JL on the risk of importing new variants) . 

I hate to burst anyone’s bubble but you do realise every time a deadline has been offered, every time it has been stretched? 

August 9th? A cynical meh from me. A week before the schools go back - thus denying any real shot at a holiday season (and therefore placating Devi and JL on the risk of importing new variants) . 
I agree that foreign travel is being discreetly* sacraficed here by getting everyone on board with domestic normality first then dropping that in after.

*attempted anyway

I just want to be able to visit my fully vaccinated mates in Europe and my fully vaccinated dad to be able to come here without some bullshit travel list making it unfeasible if they don't have a green traffic light.

7 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

That’s why I think it’d have been much more sensible just to ditch the levels pish on the 19th and give yourself a month before schools go back.