Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Donathan said:

NS: “I will set out indicative dates as we hope to move beyond level 0 and return to normality” 

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Thank f**k NS has seen sense, binned is ‘new normal’ and all that utter shite. Get the isolation restrictions in the bin at this stage also. 
Ok as much as I want it all to end now, I can live with this timescale. Its not great, but its achievable. 

52 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Nah I don't think we'll go up a level, but I can see us being kept at current levels until xx percentage of the population are double dosed. Maybe 80% or something like that?

It could just be my lockdown fear kicking in again. But I don't have a good feeling about this.

^^^^Panic merchant

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thank f**k NS has seen sense, binned is ‘new normal’ and all that utter shite. Get the isolation restrictions in the bin at this stage also. 
Ok as much as I want it all to end now, I can live with this timescale. Its not great, but its achievable. 

Teared up listening to that. New normal and zero Covid binned - my mental health improving already! Still think it's too long to wait, but I'm delighted NS has sacked off Jason and Devi's stupid wee opinions and gone for normality. 

Just now, Scosha said:

Teared up listening to that. New normal and zero Covid binned - my mental health improving already! Still think it's too long to wait, but I'm delighted NS has sacked off Jason and Devi's stupid wee opinions and gone for normality. 

^^^Is Nicola's No1 fan.

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

JL and Devi will be a crying seething mess at this time.

Get it right up the both of them. 

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

She said formal gatherings limits stay as they attract larger numbers. 

I took that to mean football until 9th August then we can all pile into grounds again. 

It just means we don't need to go to the league cup group stages and convince ourselves that they aren't a load of shite. 

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Sounds like nothing in the immediate pipeline re international travel.

I think from reading some of the travel journos on twitter etc that there’s expected to be some kind of 4 nations consensus call being made on friday. 

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Yes, i cannot lie, i feel like a massive weight lifted off my shoulders. The impact of this shite has hit every aspect of my life and I can’t wait for it to end. 

Kinda get the feeling all of this is timed to just take foreign holiday season out of the equation, but overall sounds pretty positive for normality which is clearly the only acceptable endgame.

Now change the messaging. Make it clear that covid is low risk for the vaccinated and additional protection from infection (covid or other) is available to each and every individual at their own discretion/cost through their own personal actions/omissions, but the cost will no longer be met by others.

Can easily see the following -

All Scottish adults to have been offered one dose of the vaccine by x date (we’ll say 19th July for arguments sake here).

Social distancing and crowd restrictions to be relaxed by 24th July.

13th September all Adults will have had been offered both doses. All restrictions lifted.

Not far off.