Coronavirus (COVID-19)

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your business is in no way impacted to the extent of Frankies so you should maybe tone down the dismissive arrogance.

You have absolutely no idea the extent of the impact on my business, neither do the other posters who have made unwarranted assumptions.  However it suits your narrative to make these uninformed statements.

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And there's no way that 400,000 have had symptoms for more than a year. I'm not even sure we had passed through that number of cases in total a year ago.

That is just such a ridiculous claim that any sane person can see right through it.

Officially we hadn't

image.thumb.png.1dccc704bdb5a31d7ffa12c196afa3ff.png

Mass testing only started around April so there will be more cases than those reported.  but unless the overwhelming majority of people that were infected a year ago have long covid (which they don't) as you say it's an absolutely bullshit claim.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

There will be guys on this thread still adamant this won't happen while they are sitting in a pub they used a vaccine passport to enter. 

And just like before it will be bitch slapped down and your wee conspiracy worldview will continue to lie in bits. Won't stop you dribbling utter shite still, so at least you'll continue to have that.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I absolutely hate this "greater" phrase. The people want 2019 normality. Nothing less.

Will it be a clear cut intention to return to full pre-pandemic normality like Denmark have published, or will it be more pointless drivel chucked in to appease the Lovejoy's and public health psychopaths?

Stay tuned to find out!

8 minutes ago, Elixir said:

And just like before it will be bitch slapped down and your wee conspiracy worldview will continue to lie in bits. Won't stop you dribbling utter shite still, so at least you'll continue to have that.

Will it be a clear cut intention to return to full pre-pandemic normality like Denmark have published, or will it be more pointless drivel chucked in to appease the Lovejoy's and public health psychopaths?

Stay tuned to find out!

Can I have £5 on the latter? 

E4ZnrsiXwAMsyfK.thumb.jpg.a94e6e2cb422e0f987183a6889f6831e.jpg

Disclaimer: obviously an English-centric poll, but 71% of folk support continuing of restrictions. Seventy-one percent.

A whopping 81% of old farts support it, whose pre-lockdown days presumably consisted of watching Countdown on repeat and whose lockdown days consisted of, er, watching Countdown on repeat.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
38 minutes ago, Detournement said:
It's obviously possible to have the symptoms described as Long Covid without ever having had Covid. 

It's just a rebranded post-viral fatigue - so any virus could give the same symptoms.

Exactly and if people are stressed enough it doesn't even require a virus. The combined impact of the government's admitted use of psychological terror and the existence of online communities of ME and CFS sufferers who are resistant to any treatment and amplify fears about Long Covid has been a disaster. 

What matters the number of people with symptoms that are seriously impacting their quality of life not whether it's a result of the virus. 

14 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Was that the guy they interviewed on the Scottish news? Looked like a bit of a weirdo with a Jesus hairdo.

Don't know if he was ever in the news. He fell ill in May, 2 months after we were all sent home so didn't catch Covid from students. 

He is a right pain in the backside though, so wouldn't put it past him to contact the BBC

Because we (as in society) aren't.
Someone said it yesterday - this place is a bit of an echo chamber. It is, after all, a site for Scottish football fans. I'd wager 80%+ of the members here are white, straight men aged between 18 and 40 who like going to the football, going to the pub and are at the age where they spend a lot of time with their mates. It's why when you come on here pretty much the only opinion you see is folk wanting an end to lockdown restrictions.
Society isn't like that. There are consistent polls that show support for continuing of restrictions and even calls for another national lockdown. That's why the Government aren't in any rush. It's not hurting them politically.

We often say that as a way of tenpering the mood
But I don’t no anyone in real life who is also on p&b and everyone i know wants to get back to normal asap
Is it maybe possible that the sm lovejoys are the ones in an echo chamber?
The uk torries have a massive majority, the election is years and the opposition are hopeless .
The snp are bulletproof cause #indyref and the opposition are again hopeless
The lovejoys shout the loudest and get their way because to give in to them makes our stats Look better, remember covid is what everything is measured on now
Those opposing lockdown also shout loud but at best look selfish and at worse look like loonballs so end up being ignored

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

We often say that as a way of tenpering the mood
But I don’t no anyone in real life who is also on p&b and everyone i know wants to get back to normal asap
Is it maybe possible that the sm lovejoys are the ones in an echo chamber?
The uk torries have a massive majority, the election is years and the opposition are hopeless .
The snp are bulletproof cause #indyref and the opposition are again hopeless
The lovejoys shout the loudest and get their way because to give in to them makes our stats Look better, remember covid is what everything is measured on now
Those opposing lockdown also shout loud but at best look selfish and at worse look like loonballs so end up being ignored

I mean, I literally posted the results of a poll that showed a 71% support for extending restrictions, but sure.

I've no idea what you're on about, to be honest.

More news from the dystopian hellhole that is called Australia 🙃

Australian doctors have reported a surge in the number of people cancelling their vaccine appointments, amid a new wave of caution over the AstraZeneca jab.

It comes after the government updated guidance last week to recommend only those aged over 60 get the shot, due to the risk of a rare blood-clotting syndrome.

Covid vaccine: Why are Australians cancelling AstraZeneca jabs?

Edited by NorthernLights

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Because we (as in society) aren't.

Someone said it yesterday - this place is a bit of an echo chamber. It is, after all, a site for Scottish football fans. I'd wager 80%+ of the members here are white, straight men aged between 18 and 40 who like going to the football, going to the pub and are at the age where they spend a lot of time with their mates. It's why when you come on here pretty much the only opinion you see is folk wanting an end to lockdown restrictions.

Society isn't like that. There are consistent polls that show support for continuing of restrictions and even calls for another national lockdown. That's why the Government aren't in any rush. It's not hurting them politically.

But how much of that is just misanthropy?

Is there a large proportion of people avoiding visiting family and busy shops? I don't think so. 

I mean, I literally posted the results of a poll that showed a 71% support for extending restrictions, but sure.
I've no idea what you're on about, to be honest.

Yeah i know mate I’m saying are they the ones in an echo chamber?
71% of what kind of people? The kind of no life bores who spend all day filling Facebook newspapers comments sections and gossip pages wih whinging about neds hanging outside a shop, dogs of the leash and folk not parking properly?
People who want to get back back to life don’t have time for those pishy surveys

Posted with 100% self awareness btw