Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The local clubs are having friendlies at the moment and have to advertise track and trace on the gate, wear masks etc to satisfy the Lovejoys. Of course once you're in its "f**k this shit"
Amazing how the virus discriminates between me standing mask less watching folk have a kick about in the Meadows and me standing mask less in a local football ground. 

Shameful , do they not know that people have DIED of this ?

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Obviously a lot of educators on here.

Out of interest, do you know of any pupils or teachers who have tested positive and have been seriously ill?

Only the one child in my school has been seriously ill. To be fair, as it’s a school for children with additional support needs, we have a number of children with quite serious underlying health problems and this child was one of them. Thankfully, they went on to make a full recovery after some time in hospital.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Remember when Australia was the place to be?

A complete and utter dystopian hell.

Absolutely frightening.  I'd be making preparations to move somewhere less insane as soon as possible.

The scariest thing for me is how entire populations can be convinced to accept this without too much pushback. The things described in that clip and the language used are worse than any dystopian sci-fi movie.

What a fuckin suprise eh these things have serious adverse side effects
Almost as bad as that was this social distancing shite, the idea that you are supposed to treat everyone you do meet as if they’re a fuckin disease ridden lepper! Whats that gony do to folk in the long term especially thise too wee to understand? At least most sensible people have been ignoring this for a while but i bet the lovejoys have went and loaded up huge problems for the future

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Absolutely frightening.  I'd be making preparations to move somewhere less insane as soon as possible.

The scariest thing for me is how entire populations can be convinced to accept this without too much pushback. The things described in that clip and the language used are worse than any dystopian sci-fi movie.

It seems places like Thailand are finally realising the reality and are binning off their shite. Australia and New Zealand seem like they're fully on the way to becoming bio-secure North Korea's.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It seems places like Thailand are finally realising the reality and are binning off their shite. Australia and New Zealand seem like they're fully on the way to becoming bio-secure North Korea's.

Aye it's sad, Canada not far behind too, and they're the 3 countries I'd normally be most likely to travel to in sane times.

The fearmongering shite in that Aussie news clip is horrendous, talking about walking through air others have breathed out and claiming a guy caught covid after "brushing past" someone in a shopping centre. Insert "did ye, aye?" meme.

Not a massive Foo Fighters fan, but the minter list continues to grow for Little Scotland and Little Britain.

Hampden should be fucking rammed and the roof blown off the place tomorrow. Utterly risible pish.

11 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

But doom monger Deepti says that thousands will ‘possibly be left with debilitating neurological illness’ if we stop focusing on case numbers.

DCEA9EBB-241F-408E-8727-03E6E657CCDA.png

Of course the feelings of lethargy / fatigue being attributed to long COVID have nothing to do with folk sitting on their arse putting on weight for a year from eating shite, doing no exercise and staying up too late every night and possibly drinking too much cause they have no work in the morning…

Weird that Scottish Labour have been embarrassing opposition on COVID agreeing with pretty much all restrictive measures over the past 15 months and and now one of the restrictions has Andy Burnham upset they pipe up about it.
It was only about a week or so ago they were demanding compulsory tests for anyone going to the fanzone in Glasgow yet this is what they're deciding is the step too far?
You could take a blow torch to their necks.

More delays to restrictions getting eased coming up :rolleyes:

Why do the Government not grasp we are well past the end of our fucking tether with all this?

One of the fastest rates of vaccination in the world and I still don’t know if I can go to Pittodrie in August yet 

Was so jealous of the Danes last night 

53 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

More delays to restrictions getting eased coming up :rolleyes:

Why do the Government not grasp we are well past the end of our fucking tether with all this?

One of the fastest rates of vaccination in the world and I still don’t know if I can go to Pittodrie in August yet 

Was so jealous of the Danes last night 

No idea why Cormack especially is so quiet now about lobbying for crowds returning having been so vocal about it before the vaccines had even been invented.

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And there's no way that 400,000 have had symptoms for more than a year. I'm not even sure we had passed through that number of cases in total a year ago.

That is just such a ridiculous claim that any sane person can see right through it.

Given that there are 7 million people in the UK on anti depressants and 5 million prescribed pain killers 400,000 having these symptoms is extremely feasible.

If she shows a crystal clear route to full normality and hard doubly vaccinated numbers are the targets to get us along that path then I think people might accept it providing she's not vague about any of it.
It's not having an end goal which is causing so much boiling rage.

Can easily see the following -

All Scottish adults to have been offered one dose of the vaccine by x date (we’ll say 19th July for arguments sake here).

Social distancing and crowd restrictions to be relaxed by 24th July.

13th September all Adults will have had been offered both doses. All restrictions lifted.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We do not have 400,000 people suffering for more than a year from long covid.

Period.

Why?

It's a psychosomatic/nuerological condition there are no limits to how many people can get it or how long it can last.

Also 400,000 people is equivalent to the number of people in the UK who are reported to suffer from ME and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.