Coronavirus (COVID-19)

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I run my own business, I’m only too well aware of the impact.

But then again I’m conscious that we are living through a global pandemic.

You talk some shite, fanboy.

The business is a builders merchant or some such IIRC? Demand and prices through the roof and your biggest issue is keeping up with the customers.

Comparing that with a nightclub that hasn’t traded for 15 months or a restaurant running at restricted capacity? 

Spare me. 

FF0CED4B-D64E-4FA3-A1C9-FB02DADB3314.gif

Dr Deepti is getting far too much air time at the moment. Definitely seizing her chance to take the spotlight since Devi saw a glimpse of the light. 

The UK has had 4.63m (confirmed) cases of Coronavirus. I don't for one minute buy that 1 in nearly 4. 5 of these people have "Long Covid". 

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

You talk some shite, fanboy.

The business is a builders merchant or some such IIRC? Demand and prices through the roof and your biggest issue is keeping up with the customers.

Comparing that with a nightclub that hasn’t traded for 15 months or a restaurant running at restricted capacity? 

Spare me. 

FF0CED4B-D64E-4FA3-A1C9-FB02DADB3314.gif

The long and short of it in bold there. 

Professor Calum Semple, a member of SAGE, has described the emergence of new respiratory viruses as the cause for what could be extended restrictions.
According to the professor, children and the elderly are likely to be more vulnerable to endemic viruses during the winter due to the lack of immunity social distancing has caused.
In which case the only sensible way of facing this down is to simply get on with it and not bother with restrictions. Otherwise, we'll just boot the can into next winter and have the same nonsense again next year. 
Surely some mitigation would be to offer the flu vaccine for free to all adults as opposed to just the older population?

Why is it that sympathy or support for people with Long Covid (the genuine ones) has to mean continuation of blunt force emergency laws brought in, in a panicky time because of a contagious virus for which there were no known preventatives or therapeutics? Real psychopath stuff.

As for lockdowns for other things like flu, you are simply getting NO public buy in for that and quite rightly so. 

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/10/long-covid-hope-recovery-symptoms 

This article clears a lot up about Long Covid.

Screenshot_2021-06-21-20-23-27-882_com.android.chrome.jpg

Holidaying in Grenada, meditation and quoting the "Oslo based physician Vegard Wyller", he just sounds just like an ordinary bloke to me.

(The cynic in me thinks he's full of shit).

Just now, WATTOO said:

Holidaying in Grenada, meditation and quoting the "Oslo based physician Vegard Wyller", he just sounds just like an ordinary bloke to me.

(The cynic in me thinks he's full of shit).

He's a medical researcher.

But his description of how Covid leads to persistent fatigue/pain symptoms despite not having caused any physical damage was illuminating. 

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/covid-scotland-miserable-winter-could-20862561

Another winter lockdown likely says ‘expert’ 

These morons will be irrelevant soon enough. 

What was the actual point of vaccines if we're going to be threatened with lockdowns?

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What was the actual point of vaccines if we're going to be threatened with lockdowns?

Reading the article it suggests they will be needed to prevent the NHS being overwhelmed not by Covid, but by "viruses we don't have vaccines for."

😂

The local clubs are having friendlies at the moment and have to advertise track and trace on the gate, wear masks etc to satisfy the Lovejoys. Of course once you're in its "f**k this shit"

Amazing how the virus discriminates between me standing mask less watching folk have a kick about in the Meadows and me standing mask less in a local football ground.