Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/covid-scotland-miserable-winter-could-20862561

Another winter lockdown likely says ‘expert’ 

These morons will be irrelevant soon enough. 

Professor Calum Semple, a member of SAGE, has described the emergence of new respiratory viruses as the cause for what could be extended restrictions.

According to the professor, children and the elderly are likely to be more vulnerable to endemic viruses during the winter due to the lack of immunity social distancing has caused.

In which case the only sensible way of facing this down is to simply get on with it and not bother with restrictions. Otherwise, we'll just boot the can into next winter and have the same nonsense again next year. 

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd seriously doubt that any Hotel reception staff or central reservations unit will be trawling through all their bookings to check if anyone is coming from Salford or Manchester !!

You'd hope not. Folk need to be sensible. And tell Nicola to f**k off.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/covid-scotland-miserable-winter-could-20862561

"According to the professor, children and the elderly are likely to be more vulnerable to endemic viruses during the winter due to the lack of immunity social distancing has caused."

So obviously the solution is to continue with restrictions and social distancing.

Honestly, where have these fucking morons come from?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Obviously a lot of educators on here.

Out of interest, do you know of any pupils or teachers who have tested positive and have been seriously ill?

Yes, one professor was very ill last May. The only one I know. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Presumably you’re also happy about the irrevocable damage that Sturgeon’s Covid restrictions are doing to Scottish businesses then? Given that we continue to have the toughest restrictions in the U.K., allied to the Scottish government’s withdrawal of Strategic Framework support for Scottish businesses that are required to stay closed (or are otherwise adversely affected) by ongoing government restrictions, unquestioning support for Sturgeon and the Scottish government’s Covid policies (no matter how punitive, illogical, self- contradictory or unwarranted the restrictions are) implies support for the enormous damage done to Scottish businesses, particularly in the travel, entertainment, hospitality, live music and events sectors.

I noted with interest Andy Burnham’s comment that the Scottish government should be compensating English businesses after Sturgeon’s ‘ban’ on travel to Manchester / Salford (which have comparable Covid rates to Dundee). You’ve got no chance, Andy -  Sturgeon is no longer even compensating Scottish businesses for the adverse effects of her draconian restrictions.

I run my own business, I’m only too well aware of the impact.

But then again I’m conscious that we are living through a global pandemic.

11 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You'd hope not. Folk need to be sensible. And tell Nicola to f**k off.

I'd imagine most people are doing the same as myself which is pretty much carrying on as I would pre pandemic and apart from a couple of minor inconveniences such as wearing a mask in a shop or not being permitted to remove a pin at the Golf course, it's not really impacting me that much.

The biggest inconvenience remains the inability / hassle of travelling abroad but to balance that out I am still working from home and saving a fortune on travelling expenses plus gaining an extra 2 hours per day, so swings and roundabouts. 

I've also come to realise that the best thing to do is ignore the majority of media coverage and just concentrate on living your life as normal as possible in the here and now and hopefully we'll all be back at Football matches from the start of the season which would be a welcome step in the right direction.

As for "new variants", "we just don't know", Experts believe" and the numerous other scaremongering bollocks stories, get it all launched off the highest cliff and start treating the population in a grown up, sensible and pragmatic way, otherwise both the MSM and ALL our politicians from ALL sides will lose any shred of credibility that they have remaining as frankly it's all becoming rather tedious now..........

14 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Presumably you’re also happy about the irrevocable damage that Sturgeon’s Covid restrictions are doing to Scottish businesses then? Given that we continue to have the toughest restrictions in the U.K., allied to the Scottish government’s withdrawal of Strategic Framework support for Scottish businesses that are required to stay closed (or are otherwise adversely affected) by ongoing government restrictions, unquestioning support for Sturgeon and the Scottish government’s Covid policies (no matter how punitive, illogical, self- contradictory or unwarranted the restrictions are) implies support for the enormous damage done to Scottish businesses, particularly in the travel, entertainment, hospitality, live music and events sectors.

I noted with interest Andy Burnham’s comment that the Scottish government should be compensating English businesses after Sturgeon’s ‘ban’ on travel to Manchester / Salford (which have comparable Covid rates to Dundee). You’ve got no chance, Andy -  Sturgeon is no longer even compensating Scottish businesses for the adverse effects of her draconian restrictions.

Aye but the seethe on the thread tho hahahahaha

I run my own business, I’m only too well aware of the impact.
But then again I’m conscious that we are living through a global pandemic.
As are other counties without the levels of control freakery we are living with.

In terms of public health why has Dundee not been added to travel ban or why can the Euros have crowds of 12,000 but if the SPFL restarted tomorrow only a few hundred would be allowed in?

Just now, ddfg said:

As are other counties without the levels of control freakery we are living with.

In terms of public health why has Dundee not been added to travel ban or why can the Euros have crowds of 12,000 but if the SPFL restarted tomorrow only a few hundred would be allowed in?

I’m happy to ban you from travelling to Dundee.  Consider this your official notification.

3 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Good to see Hancock starting to talk about ending the need for self isolating for those who have had two jabs. I think this would be one of the biggest restrictions to go, as it seems pretty pointless , though of course we just don't know. 

To be replaced with those pointless daily tests they spunked a fortune on. Of course, this will be getting pied by all but the worst of utter head cases.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

More interested to hear about what's happening after Level 0. 

Normal life. There we go, two words are all that are needed and their 'paper' can subsequently be sent straight to the Recycle Bin.

52 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

There should be riots in streets across the country if they even attempt this insanity. Even the prospect of trying to normalise it is enough. That Semple guy's hard drive also needs checked.

'LoNg CoViDdDdDdD'!!!11 07.png

Posted at 17:13

Watch: 'Long Covid' affecting significant numbers - epidemiologist

Video content

Video caption: 'Long Covid' affecting significant numbers, says Dr Deepti Gurdasani'

"Long Covid" is affecting a significant number of people in the UK, Dr Deepti Gurdasani, a clinical epidemiologist, has said.

She told BBC World News long Covid was not just limited to patients who were very ill or hospitalised. About 13% of people with just mild symptoms went on to develop long Covid with symptoms for 12 weeks or more.

"It is not something that lasts for a short period of time. Among the million people in the UK who we think are impacted now, about 400,000 are people who have had symptoms for one year or more. And that is how debilitating it can be," she said.

Dr Gurdasani, who has been researching long Covid at Queen Mary University of London, said younger people and women were more at risk, but anyone could get long Covid.