Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Well quite. Who's policing this at this point? 

Test and Trace or whatever our incarnation of it is called.

If you break the regulations they can fine you.  If you break the isolation regulations I think it’s potentially £1k.

I don’t agree with them but I wouldn’t be encouraging others to break them when the consequences could be pretty stiff.

Whether I would stick to them myself is doubtful but I know my situation.  I live in a remote area, my chances of being caught are therefore slimmer and I’d only go out to walk the dogs.  As long as it isn’t an actual criminal offence (which would cost me my job) then the fine wouldn’t bother me.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I assume this has been shared on here but the replies have cheered me up a bit.

How fucking dare people enjoy themselves at a FOOTBALL MATCH. Don’t they know people have DIED?

Fun needs to be banned permanently to PROTECT THE NHS and SAVE LIVES.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

How fucking dare people enjoy themselves at a FOOTBALL MATCH. Don’t they know people have DIED?

Fun needs to be banned permanently to PROTECT THE NHS and SAVE LIVES.

I can't remember where I saw it, but some PHE loony has reportedly said that, even without taking covid into consideration, we might need to lockdown this winter to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed due to the backlog.

Get fucked, and stop trying to normalise / trivialise what was an extreme response to a specific, emergency, situation.

Edited by Todd_is_God

That stupid Lovejoy Hazel moaning on about the "footie". Did she have no idea games were played for over a year without fans being there? 

It will be a glorious day when stadiums open and welcome back fans. No masks, no vaccine staus, no negative test requirements, hugging the stranger next to you when a 93rd min winner goes in. Hazel, Devi, JL and crew will still be stating "but we just dont know!!!!" GTF the lot of these lovejoys and simpering clowns afraid to leave their house despite being double dosed 

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I can't remember where I saw it, but some PHE loony has reportedly said that, even without taking covid into consideration, we might need to lockdown this winter to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed due to the backlog.

Get fucked, and stop trying to normalise / trivialise what was an extreme response to a specific, emergency, situation.

Sadly when people agreed to the first lockdown lasting longer than 3 weeks, that gave the govt free reign to introduce them whenever they like. All they need to do is say the beloved NHS will be "overwhelmed" and the boot licking simps will cower away 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The messaging from the government in Scotland has been disgraceful for about 4 months now. The Simps can say whatever they want but Sturgeon, Leitch and The Guys have destroyed the public's confidence in leaving the house which I worry we can never repair in Scotland.

It'll recover. Over 20,000 people were trying to buy tickets for the Warehouse Project a couple of weeks ago and virtually every event is selling out in hours atm. People are ganting to get back on it.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It'll recover. Over 20,000 people were trying to buy tickets for the Warehouse Project a couple of weeks ago and virtually every event is selling out in hours atm. People are ganting to get back on it.

It will recover in the sense that life, for most people, will get back to normal in the flick of a switch. I think it's quite clear that will happen given the complete disregard, where possible, for restrictions now. If we could have 50,000 in Hampden 100,000 in Glasgow Green for the football on Tuesday then we'd have no trouble shifting the tickets multiple times over. The general fear of covid has essentially gone as a result of the superb vaccines.

There will be people, however (especially older people or those with underlying health conditions) that are going to be absolutely terrified of their shadow for years to come. I don't know how these people can be brought back from that, and I genuinely worry that many will fall into a reclusive lifestyle as a result.

It's going to be a sad sight seeing people kicking about the shops wearing face shields in the summer of 2022 because they genuinely fear that if they don't wear one they will die.

Edited by Todd_is_God

It will recover in the sense that life, for most people, will get back to normal in the flick of a switch. I think it's quite clear that will happen given the complete disregard, where possible, for restrictions now.
There will be people, however (especially older people or those with underlying health conditions) that are going to be absolutely terrified of their shadow for years to come. I don't know how these people can be brought back from that, and I genuinely worry that many will fall into a reclusive lifestyle as a result.
It's going to be a sad sight seeing people kicking about the shops wearing face shields in the summer of 2022 because they genuinely fear that if they don't wear one they will die.
I might sound like an abhorrent arsehole here, and maybe I am, but if that's the case then those individuals will have to be, sadly, collateral for everyone else that does want to get on with living a life.

These kind of people are beyond help, unfortunately.

I genuinely don't mean this in a bad way, but Covid is merely a trigger for certain types. They might get triggered by someone looking at them the wrong way on a bus and not go out for months. These people exist and Covid being a thing or otherwise won't change that.

6 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I might sound like an abhorrent arsehole here, and maybe I am, but if that's the case then those individuals will have to be, sadly, collateral for everyone else that does want to get on with living a life.

I genuinely don't mean this in a bad way, but Covid is merely a trigger for certain types. They might get triggered by someone looking at them the wrong way on a bus and not go out for months. These people exist and Covid being a thing or otherwise won't change that.

Not at all, I wasn't suggesting we should put everything on hold to ease these people back in.

Was just highlighting that what Marshy was saying is absolutely true.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It will recover in the sense that life, for most people, will get back to normal in the flick of a switch. I think it's quite clear that will happen given the complete disregard, where possible, for restrictions now. If we could have 50,000 in Hampden 100,000 in Glasgow Green for the football on Tuesday then we'd have no trouble shifting the tickets multiple times over. The general fear of covid has essentially gone as a result of the superb vaccines.

I’m almost beginning to think it’s becoming a responsibility to maximise our freedoms from a collective mental heath viewpoint.  If you and I feel comfortable going to the pub etc,   can let it be known that we did so and where possible declare that being vaccinated has allowed us to get out and stay Covid free .Then that can only help show that we can live a better live(not yet willing to say Normal) And stay safe from the virus. 

31 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sadly when people agreed to the first lockdown lasting longer than 3 weeks, that gave the govt free reign to introduce them whenever they like. All they need to do is say the beloved NHS will be "overwhelmed" and the boot licking simps will cower away 

The first lockdown lasting longer than 3 weeks was clearly the right thing to do. I don't really get this point that people try to make quite a lot about the initial lockdown - the intention may well have been for it only to last that long, but given that after those 3 weeks we were in an even worse position, still knew very little about the virus, and had little idea of how to treat it, let alone vaccines, it was obviously logical to carry on with the restrictions. That bears no resemblance to the current situation.

50 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

They will be collateral for the dreadful way the governments have handled both the pandemic and the messaging.  It isn’t people wanting to live their lives that have driven them to this state.

They will be collateral for the dreadful way the governments have handled both the pandemic and the messaging.  It isn’t people wanting to live their lives that have driven them to this state.
No, of course.

I guess my point is that no matter what the months ahead bring, and hopefully it is positive, there's going to be people who are still suffering through fear. May only be a minority but it will sure as hell create division, as we're seeing now to an extent already.

That is of course on those calling the shots, you're right there.

29 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The govts and their propaganda have been horrendous, as has the media bombarding the news/radio/papers with scaremongering stories or ads. Tbh though people have a choice to turn off their TVs and look with their own eyes and make their own decisions about things. I have absolutely no sympathy for people like my Aunt who is afraid to leave the house despite being double dosed. She chose to watch every briefing and news report. 

For all my chat on here about lifting restrictions, I have realised over the last few days that I still had some trepidation about mixing with people. That has been blown out of me by going down to London for the game.
Apart from wearing masks if you fancied it on the tube or going to the toilet in a boozer, there was no difference between the week I just had down South versus 2019. Plenty people on the underground sitting next to each other and if anyone was not wearing a mask then no one was glaring at them or giving them abuse.
No one had a mask on at the game. No one had a mask on in the concourse while everyone was drinking pints of Heineken. A woman even took her mask off to cough on the tube [emoji23]
Went for a pint in Edinburgh on the way up the road tonight with my mate who is a Geordie and he was saying that it was similar to London when he went home - eg taxi driver saying they could wear a mask if they wanted to but he wasn't arsed.
I was at the fanzone in Glasgow Green on Tuesday. Past tense. I've come back to my flat and I've had 7 LFTs put through my door. I am 30 years old, have no underlying conditions and will not be attending anything that requires proof of a negative test. I was at the fanzone 6 days ago which was fully outdoors and spaced out to a ridiculous degree. 
The messaging from the government in Scotland has been disgraceful for about 4 months now. The Simps can say whatever they want but Sturgeon, Leitch and The Guys have destroyed the public's confidence in leaving the house which I worry we can never repair in Scotland. It's akin to the Wee Frees terrifying kids playing in the park on a Sunday. They've made a Noel Hunt of many things 8n England over the last 18 months but they're far more willing to bounce back than we are up here.
BRB away to take my LFT for the fanzone I went to 6 days go.

We cancelled London because of the current restrictions. We didn’t think it would be fun and would be heavily sanitised. Instead we chose to travel to Edinburgh and watch it there. It was like normality, even in the pubs before.

Afterwards it was the same.

I agree with you on the apprehension front. I was still being cautious despite having 2 doses as none of my pals had even had one. But my pals I was with on Friday had all had at least one. One of them had to take an LFT for his work requirements and came back negative.

We’re almost there, it’s the waiting for normality now that’s killing me.

There are loads of folk who are terrified and can only see things like death numbers on the daily reports, and go and hide under the bed. Saw this one on Twitter this morning. The scary part is that they still believe this is true, when it's been apparent for weeks/months that the link between case numbers and deaths has been broken.Screenshot_20210621-074734_Twitter.jpg

You sure he's not being sarcastic?

He might well have been, but it prompted lots of Lovejoys in the replies.

I know quite a few folk who are 60-70 plus and they are almost all desperate to get back to normal. Spoke to one of them on Friday and his attitude was why did we bother with a vaccination programme if we don't open things up?

16 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I don't know any folk who think extending the lockdown is a good idea. Everybody is just wanting their life back.

I know "of" a couple. Mostly mates of my parents / in-laws. Comfortably retired and their pre-lockdown life consisted mostly of pottering around the garden and going to the supermarket.