Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Apparently it's invermectin and the entire globe appears to be willing to sacrifice millions of lives to keep it all a big secret according to nutters like him.

In the real world, the problem with that drug is that the medical people using it won't subject it to proper trials with one of them claiming it would be unethical to use placebos as a control. These are real medical people with serious credentials too and yet this is the pish they come out with.

There is no credible evidence to back that drug for use on covid. I think it's an anti-fungal drug so why anyone would think it would work on a virus is anyone's guess.

Conspiracy theorists do love a "they are trying to cover it up" story.

Here's one: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30464-8/fulltext

STRANGE BUT TRUE

Princess Diana's bodyguard (Trevor Rees-Jones) was the ONLY survivor of the fatal car crash, and had complete amnesia of the event.

He's now AstraZeeneca's Global Head of Security.

31310ebfe2c1dd65e84ec8f6d84b57251ba273b9

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/bodyguard-survivor-princess-dianas-crash-24353654

Edited by steve55

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I assume this has been shared on here but the replies have cheered me up a bit.

Always amusing that they cast themselves as some sort of moral arbiter whilst then embellishing their point by putting in old images to mislead the reader into thinking those were Friday's scenes. 

Into the bin you go, Hazel Lovejoy. 

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure this moron wasn't trumpeting this during BLM marches, Lizard kings death/funeral gatherings, etc, etc.

Im not having it, "footie" is by far the worst of her comments. 

A total Karen Moonunit Lovejoy. 

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

As bad as the Lovejoying and the misleading picture are, Footie? Fucking Footie? Deary me

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Of all the reactions to this pandemic the "people have died" is the one I understand the least. Even less than people who say the virus doesn't exist. Yes, people have died. Yes, people continue to die from it here and around the world when it's really clear how to prevent that from happening, but that doesn't mean anything. Does she think it's disrespectful to the people who died - primarily due to incompetent government decisions - for anyone to do anything? Does she think people standing next to one another and talking while not wearing masks is going to make another 130,000 die?

I know people are commenting in this thread about how they know people who're terrified to go outside and there are stories of that in the press. I know I'm probably less sensitive to this sort of fear than most people since I've carried on working and being around the public as normal and I know of one person from my work who's ever tested positive - a 22 year old, two weeks ago, no symptoms - but there's going to be years of people absolutely hysterical about being in public, and it's not going to end well.

After dodging this shit for a year, I reckon I'll be told to isolate tomorrow. One pupil awaiting a result and if he's positive then I'm probably screwed.

Of all the weeks. Finished for the summer on Wednesday, Scotland game on Tuesday and meant to be getting the keys to my flat on Friday. I will be fizzing if I need to lock myself indoors for a week. Insane that I'm also still expected to be in tomorrow even though by lunchtime I may be getting told to isolate.

50 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

She could maybe explain why Euro 2020 is taking place in 2021.

28 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Of all the reactions to this pandemic the "people have died" is the one I understand the least. Even less than people who say the virus doesn't exist. Yes, people have died. Yes, people continue to die from it here and around the world when it's really clear how to prevent that from happening, but that doesn't mean anything. Does she think it's disrespectful to the people who died - primarily due to incompetent government decisions - for anyone to do anything? Does she think people standing next to one another and talking while not wearing masks is going to make another 130,000 die?

I know people are commenting in this thread about how they know people who're terrified to go outside and there are stories of that in the press. I know I'm probably less sensitive to this sort of fear than most people since I've carried on working and being around the public as normal and I know of one person from my work who's ever tested positive - a 22 year old, two weeks ago, no symptoms - but there's going to be years of people absolutely hysterical about being in public, and it's not going to end well.

Exactly, what should we do? Adopt a permanent state of perpetual mourning? I mean more people died in WW2, should we still all have anderson shelters and rationing? 
Its hysterical pish. The Helen Lovejoy thing i started was a piss take, but its quite clearly the direction many of these folks are taking now.

For all my chat on here about lifting restrictions, I have realised over the last few days that I still had some trepidation about mixing with people. That has been blown out of me by going down to London for the game.

Apart from wearing masks if you fancied it on the tube or going to the toilet in a boozer, there was no difference between the week I just had down South versus 2019. Plenty people on the underground sitting next to each other and if anyone was not wearing a mask then no one was glaring at them or giving them abuse.

No one had a mask on at the game. No one had a mask on in the concourse while everyone was drinking pints of Heineken. A woman even took her mask off to cough on the tube 😂

Went for a pint in Edinburgh on the way up the road tonight with my mate who is a Geordie and he was saying that it was similar to London when he went home - eg taxi driver saying they could wear a mask if they wanted to but he wasn't arsed.

I was at the fanzone in Glasgow Green on Tuesday. Past tense. I've come back to my flat and I've had 7 LFTs put through my door. I am 30 years old, have no underlying conditions and will not be attending anything that requires proof of a negative test. I was at the fanzone 6 days ago which was fully outdoors and spaced out to a ridiculous degree. 

The messaging from the government in Scotland has been disgraceful for about 4 months now. The Simps can say whatever they want but Sturgeon, Leitch and The Guys have destroyed the public's confidence in leaving the house which I worry we can never repair in Scotland. It's akin to the Wee Frees terrifying kids playing in the park on a Sunday. They've made a Noel Hunt of many things 8n England over the last 18 months but they're far more willing to bounce back than we are up here.

BRB away to take my LFT for the fanzone I went to 6 days go.

I work in a team of 5. 3 Lovejoys, a guy who is a bit in the middle (will adhere, but not so bothered now his family are vaccinated) and me who is and had been trying to live life as normal as possible the whole way through.
The 3 Lovejoys (all double vaxxed) are nothing short of terrified to be around us and can’t understand at all why we would not be testing twice a week. Sadly they were all quite outgoing before this, but just about believe me and my colleague are going to kill them and their family.
Really sad state of affairs tbh.
I would probably kill them tbf, but not by giving them Covid.

14 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

After dodging this shit for a year, I reckon I'll be told to isolate tomorrow. One pupil awaiting a result and if he's positive then I'm probably screwed.

Of all the weeks. Finished for the summer on Wednesday, Scotland game on Tuesday and meant to be getting the keys to my flat on Friday. I will be fizzing if I need to lock myself indoors for a week. Insane that I'm also still expected to be in tomorrow even though by lunchtime I may be getting told to isolate.

Tell contact tracing you werent a close contact, be pre-armed with the guidelines, not within a meter, never within 2 meters, room was fully ventilated etc.  

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry bud, I'm really not interested in discussing this further because I know how this will go.

I'll spend ages debunking your claim and then you'll change the goalposts resulting in me spending days on a wild goose chase - rinse and repeat.

If this drug is any good, governments around the world will buy it.

Your friends need to stop wittering on about conspiracies and subject the drug to the same testing that other vaccines have had to go through.

Cop out mate. You've got nothing in your arsenal to debunk.

You claimed the scientists using it successfully to treat patients were afraid to submit it to clinical control trials and that was easily debunked.

45 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

For all my chat on here about lifting restrictions, I have realised over the last few days that I still had some trepidation about mixing with people. That has been blown out of me by going down to London for the game.

Apart from wearing masks if you fancied it on the tube or going to the toilet in a boozer, there was no difference between the week I just had down South versus 2019. Plenty people on the underground sitting next to each other and if anyone was not wearing a mask then no one was glaring at them or giving them abuse.

No one had a mask on at the game. No one had a mask on in the concourse while everyone was drinking pints of Heineken. A woman even took her mask off to cough on the tube 😂

Went for a pint in Edinburgh on the way up the road tonight with my mate who is a Geordie and he was saying that it was similar to London when he went home - eg taxi driver saying they could wear a mask if they wanted to but he wasn't arsed.

I was at the fanzone in Glasgow Green on Tuesday. Past tense. I've come back to my flat and I've had 7 LFTs put through my door. I am 30 years old, have no underlying conditions and will not be attending anything that requires proof of a negative test. I was at the fanzone 6 days ago which was fully outdoors and spaced out to a ridiculous degree. 

The messaging from the government in Scotland has been disgraceful for about 4 months now. The Simps can say whatever they want but Sturgeon, Leitch and The Guys have destroyed the public's confidence in leaving the house which I worry we can never repair in Scotland. It's akin to the Wee Frees terrifying kids playing in the park on a Sunday. They've made a Noel Hunt of many things 8n England over the last 18 months but they're far more willing to bounce back than we are up here.

BRB away to take my LFT for the fanzone I went to 6 days go.

When you bought your tickets to the fanzine did you consent to have your data processed for the purpose of making medical decisions about you?