Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There's a place in Scotland, that have produced something like 200 million test kits. A huge proportion of them have never left the warehouse. There's no fuckers wanting them and 200 odd folk are losing their jobs as a result.

I'd be very surprised if they are ever shifted to be honest.
I have tickets for all 4 Hampden games and booked tickets for 3 Fanzone sessions. By yesterday of those 7 "events" 4 had passed yet through the post arrived TWENTY FUCKING EIGHT lateral flow testing kits. Blue bin unopened, a total waste of time and money sending unsolicited testing kits based on your purchase history.

I wonder what would happen if all the perfectly healthy, symptom-free people getting tested in Scotland each day suddenly decided to stop getting tested.

One of the two South Ayrshire mobile asymptomatic testing trucks is in Troon this week. There is a large queue outside it permanently, it's utterly mental. Weirdly when I passed it this week those waiting to be tested seemed to be of a double vaccinated age.

21 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Seeing loads of Nigels on Twitter getting a card with their first dose details on it. I didn’t get anything like that after my first. Do you get it after you’ve had you’re second?

If not is there somehow you can prove you’re vaccinated?

We (wife, daughter, me) all got a card with date administered, and batch nr of vaccine (and type) after our first jag, which we had to bring with us when we got our second, and the date and batch nr were filled in. Not sure where these cards are now, though...

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
15 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
There's a place in Scotland, that have produced something like 200 million test kits. A huge proportion of them have never left the warehouse. There's no fuckers wanting them and 200 odd folk are losing their jobs as a result.

I'd be very surprised if they are ever shifted to be honest.

I have tickets for all 4 Hampden games and booked tickets for 3 Fanzone sessions. By yesterday of those 7 "events" 4 had passed yet through the post arrived TWENTY FUCKING EIGHT lateral flow testing kits. Blue bin unopened, a total waste of time and money sending unsolicited testing kits based on your purchase history.

That's bonkers and an absolute waste of resources.

I took my first covid test (lateral flow) this morning. Not the nicest of experiences but it's done and dusted now. No surprise that it came back negative.

Every time I see that ludicrous ScotGov advert telling people they “need” them to do 2 lateral flow tests a week despite being double vaccinated and showing no symptoms I struggle to believe what I’m seeing. Absolutely bonkers stuff.
#notgivingin

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Dunno why but this post buckled me

Bit odd given I was referencing the likes of Sandy McGlashan on here & not at all referring to the brains trust that is Jabba the Baillie, DRoss & wee daft Willie, not a go at you at all Marshy but vT spectacularly misrepresented what I was saying. I am sure he will post a pic of Ainsley to clarify matters as that is all he can do when he encounters an actual intelligent person.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Every time I see that ludicrous ScotGov advert telling people they “need” them to do 2 lateral flow tests a week despite being double vaccinated and showing no symptoms I struggle to believe what I’m seeing. Absolutely bonkers stuff.

I’m doing 3 just to annoy them.

1 hour ago, ulysses said:

It’s nuts.

We have a flight booked in Manchester on the 8th of July. I’ve got my doubts that the trip will even be going ahead in any case but this is just adding to my bubbling, boiling rage.

There's been no word from the travel company so I'm just planning to go ahead with it.

I mean, it's true this may be so for the time being because our two governments are fucking clowns, but if you took a moment to consider places like Israel, Denmark, and the United States, you would realise that your 'hot take' analysis can be scrunched up and lobbed straight in the bin, Jessica.

Analysis

Posted at 13:35

Freedom Day will not be freedom as we knew it

8529ee3a-d159-412f-a452-0f2b9daf25bb.jpg

Jessica Parker

BBC political correspondent

There is a lot of conversation around living with coronavirus and what that actually means.

We now know a study is looking at the idea of daily tests instead of quarantine for people who have been double jabbed and might have come into contact with the virus.

I understand there are some early-stage conversations as well around whether something similar could be applied to foreign travel.

Although Downing Street sources are very insistent that it's not policy and I don't think any of this is about to happen tomorrow but there's clearly a direction of travel here.

It does raise the issue of fairness because not everybody will have been double vaccinated.

But one argument that is playing out in government is, is the balance of fairness shifting because in England all over-18s can now book a jab?

Either way, it is clear that whether it's rules around travel or more generally rules around quarantine, when we talk about so-called Freedom Day, currently pencilled in for 19 July in England, it won't be freedom as we knew it. The new normal will not be the same as the old one.

FUBRlPv.png

4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Who would have thought pretty much closing all hospital services down for over a year would lead to massive backlogs.

Who would have thought primary care staff would be burst dealing with all these patients who didn't get seen at hospitals.

Who would have thought secondary care staff would and are now getting absolutely flogged as they try to catch up.

Who would have thought they would have enough staff to deal with patients post brexit.

Who would have thought a service that is on its knees every winter would cope with well basically denying people treatment for a year.

Who would have thought patients would just go to a&e due to no appointments left in gp practices as we're fucking rammed.

Who would have thought leaving patients in routine lists for a year would well er deteriorate and need urgent care.

Who would have thought terrifying a country into not presenting with red flag symptoms such as cancers would be a good idea.

It's quite frankly a fucking shambles and the NHS will never recover from this.

Well done all the decison makers.

It's all the more galling when they had at their disposable a relatively safe, affordable and effective drug which would have drastically reduced hospital admissions. The powers that be are now trying to censor any mention of said drug, despite over 80 studies demonstrating it's effectiveness in treating Covid-19.

The handling of the pandemic has been a cluster f**k from start to finish.  I personally don't know anyone who became seriously ill from Covid-19 but i do know at least two people who have metastasised cancer due to postponed screenings. Then there's the epidemic of mental health issues caused by enforced isolation.

I mean, it's true this may be so for the time being because our two governments are fucking clowns, but if you took a moment to consider places like Israel, Denmark, and the United States, you would realise that your 'hot take' analysis can be scrunched up and lobbed straight in the bin, Jessica.
Analysis
Posted at 13:35

Freedom Day will not be freedom as we knew it

8529ee3a-d159-412f-a452-0f2b9daf25bb.jpg&key=bd5940a388a99df7f9e47f917176d790a52e91b334d3a9f7112d23b12f90414c

Jessica Parker

BBC political correspondent

There is a lot of conversation around living with coronavirus and what that actually means.

We now know a study is looking at the idea of daily tests instead of quarantine for people who have been double jabbed and might have come into contact with the virus.

I understand there are some early-stage conversations as well around whether something similar could be applied to foreign travel.

Although Downing Street sources are very insistent that it's not policy and I don't think any of this is about to happen tomorrow but there's clearly a direction of travel here.

It does raise the issue of fairness because not everybody will have been double vaccinated.

But one argument that is playing out in government is, is the balance of fairness shifting because in England all over-18s can now book a jab?

Either way, it is clear that whether it's rules around travel or more generally rules around quarantine, when we talk about so-called Freedom Day, currently pencilled in for 19 July in England, it won't be freedom as we knew it. The new normal will not be the same as the old one.

FUBRlPv.png&key=0194285c36d76de382b7f830493695ad759355f42834db7deb7d223f4b7e91e8
These dribbling fuds seem to be so desperate to be protected that they dont realise every day that passes, UK gov are currently only focused on how best to melt back into the hedge away from this Homer Simpson style with minimal loss of face.

Meanwhile, Scotgov are still busy trying to meake sure everyone has put into the tin for next weeks coffee morning, blissfully unaware that their restrictions are being patched by more and more each day.

The Scotland game on Tuesday will see more glorious scenes before, and after if we win...... I havent checked where our potential next matches will be but would love another even higher profile London takeover.

Daily Cases Update:  Cases up now for the 44th day in a row but still less than 45% of the peak reached in the 2nd Wave.  

Good to hear that self isolation now may be canned for close contacts double vaccinated. 

Be interesting to hear how the likes of Stirling get kept in Level 2 on Tuesday when the likes of East Lothian are at level 1.  I think all Level 2 areas should be levelled up now when you look at how the table has shifted.

Just heard of my 1st "friend" who went down to London and has today tested positive. Expect we will see a few more cases now. Hardly unexpected but one to watch how Scotgov panic. 

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 9th June to 16th June  were 7172 now 7286 up 1.59%.  Positivity was 4.3% now 4.3%.   Cases per 100k were 131.3 now 133.4

Home Nations Daily update :  UK Average  77.4 to 80.9 up 4.78%, England 77.5 to 81.3 up 4.90%,  Wales  25.9 to 27.6 up 6.56%, Northern Ireland 36.2 to 38.6 up 6.63%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City    322.1 to 315.4  May have peaked but Craigie/Craigiebank now Scotland's hotspot.

South Ayrshire   234.4 to 217.6 

City Of Edinburgh 216.4 to 216.2

East Ayrshire  191.0 to 209.8 

East Lothian     173.7 to 189.6 LEVEL 1 but in 5th spot !!

East Dunbartonshire    168.4 to 174.0  

East Renfrewshire    169.6 to 171.7

Midlothian  161.2 to 167.6

Glasgow City 162.1 to 163.5

Clackmannanshire  184.3 to 159.4

North Ayrshire   153.6 to 156.6  

North Lanarkshire   144.4 to 151.4

Perth & Kinross    158.6 to 151.4  LEVEL 1

Renfrewshire    141.8 to 148.5 

Argyll & Bute  117.6 to 139.7  LEVEL 1 Kicked off in Garelochhead up 500% in a few days.

West Dunbartonshire  132.7 to 134.9 LEVEL 1

West Lothian   123.4 to 125.6  LEVEL1

Aberdeen City   114.6 to 120.3 LEVEL1  On the charge now

South Lanarkshire   112.0 to 118.9

Angus  97.2 to 90.4  LEVEL 1 

Scottish  Borders  87.4 to 82.2 LEVEL 1 

Falkirk   76.4 to 79.6  LEVEL 1 

Stirling    80.7 to 78.5 

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Fife   73.1 to 69.1 

Inverclyde  63.0 to 60.4  

Aberdeenshire    37.1 to 42.9

Dumfries & Galloway    35.6 to 33.6 

Highlands   20.4 to 23.7

Moray   10.4 to 11.5

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Orkney Islands  0.0 to 9.0

Shetland Islands   0.0 to 8.7

Western Isles   7.5 to 7.5

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

FUBRlPv.png&key=0194285c36d76de382b7f830493695ad759355f42834db7deb7d223f4b7e91e8
These dribbling fuds seem to be so desperate to be protected that they dont realise every day that passes, UK gov are currently only focused on how best to melt back into the hedge away from this Homer Simpson style with minimal loss of face.

Meanwhile, Scotgov are still busy trying to meake sure everyone has put into the tin for next weeks coffee morning, blissfully unaware that their restrictions are being patched by more and more each day.

The Scotland game on Tuesday will see more glorious scenes before, and after if we win...... I havent checked where our potential next matches will be but would love another even higher profile London takeover.

The current "most likely" venue for our round of 16 match is Hampden

It's surely becoming obvious to more people that Hancock and Gove have their own agenda and can only be doing this with powerful backers from outside the Tory party or they would not be allowed to act like this with no consequences and seemingly ever increasing power. 

Screenshot_2021-06-20-15-03-55-666_com.android.chrome.jpg

Just now, Detournement said:

It's surely becoming obvious to more people that Hancock and Gove have their own agenda and can only be doing this with powerful backers from outside the Tory party or they would not be allowed to act like this with no consequences and seemingly ever increasing power. 

Screenshot_2021-06-20-15-03-55-666_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yes. Money.

Not what you are implying.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Which drug?

Ivermectin.

Mass treatments with IVM, a drug safely used in 3.7 billion doses worldwide since  1987, most likely caused the 14 - fold reductions in excess deaths in Peru, prior to their 13 - fold  increase after IVM policy was reversed. T his strongly suggests that IVM treatments can likewise  effectively complement immunizations to help eradicate COVID - 19. The indicated biological  mechanism of IVM, competitive binding with SARS - CoV - 2 spike protein, is likely non - epitope  specific, possibly yielding full efficacy against emerging viral mutant strain

Source