Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Over the last year I have come to the conclusion that we don't always get the most competent politicians if we are only picking from a pool of 'people who believe that Scotland should be an independent country'. 

Only slightly more than half of the current MSPs come from that group of people, which is not far off being representative of the population as a whole.

12 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Over the last year I have come to the conclusion that we don't always get the most competent politicians if we are only picking from a pool of 'people who believe that Scotland should be an independent country'. 

Erm yes, what with the galaxy brains representing the other side of that perspective, who just don't get a chance to govern us.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_48c2fc5a-250f-11ea-8b9d-c992875f9e41.thumb.jpg.71d79109482df6b099a6b18df5dcb77a.jpg

imgID156557817.jpg.gallery.jpg.2a153fef26ab65e913ea5f63851fca53.jpg

rennie.jpg.gallery.jpg.e1a943dcd7116dc62a53415f4c983079.jpg

49 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Protect lives, as long as you have Covid 'cos we are getting measured on that. Everyone else can f**k off and die, especially the suicidal people as all that matters is that we get in the media pretending to care.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Only slightly more than half of the current MSPs come from that group of people, which is not far off being representative of the population as a whole.

Looking at the galaxy sized brains espousing Independence at any cost on here, that is not reassuring.

34 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As has been the case throughout this entire shit show, I could care less what people's political views are if they maintain a grip on reality. Tory c**t Liam Fox absolutely spot on with this article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9704319/Former-Minister-DR-LIAM-FOX-says-Britain-nation-Covid-neurotics-forever.html

Today, we are in danger of creating a generation of Covid neurotics, whose fear is driven by a bewildering array of scientific advisers, some of whom seem determined to promote their own narrow agendas on Twitter and the broadcast media.

Yet we cannot have a risk-free existence and the cost of even trying to get close to this goal could have profoundly damaging effects on our economy, our society and our people.

The vaccines programme in the UK has been a triumph. It is time to swap fear for optimism. Time to start rebuilding our lives and our economy.

And that means flying once again.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

^^^ pea-brained, Tory-voting clown

We have been through this before vT, I have rejoined my Constituency Party & am once again an activist although given the drivel that comes out of Starmer I really do wonder why I bother. That Tory phase was an abberation & I have no idea what I was thinking at the time.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

We have been through this before vT, I have rejoined my Constituency Party & am once again an activist although given the drivel that comes out of Starmer I really do wonder why I bother. That Tory phase was an abberation & I have no idea what I was thinking at the time.

Your gold star is in the post.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.3a2858b56c675f5a71dca7fa23e0bce9.png

Fairly sure if you're fully vaxxed or test negative, you're fine. Similar to the US or heading that way at least. Not that it's even valid considering vaccination rates in Palestine.

The more I think about the travel ban 'preventing me' from going to Manchester airport, the more nonsensical it gets.

I can travel to Dundee (318.1 cases per 100k) and go for a pub crawl amongst many unvaccinated and probably untested folk.

I can't travel to Manchester (333.7 cases per 100k) to an airport where I believe the workers will be getting tested twice a week and everybody traveling out is either fully vaccinated or has had a negative test within 72 hours of flying.

One of those scenarios is far riskier than the other but it's not the one that's 'banned'. (Even the Dundee pub crawl is not that much of a risk imo.)

The more I think about the travel ban 'preventing me' from going to Manchester airport, the more nonsensical it gets.
I can travel to Dundee (318.1 cases per 100k) and go for a pub crawl amongst many unvaccinated and probably untested folk.
I can't travel to Manchester (333.7 cases per 100k) to an airport where I believe the workers will be getting tested twice a week and everybody traveling out is either fully vaccinated or has had a negative test within 72 hours of flying.
One of those scenarios is far riskier than the other but it's not the one that's 'banned'. (Even the Dundee pub crawl is not that much of a risk imo.)

It’s nuts.

We have a flight booked in Manchester on the 8th of July. I’ve got my doubts that the trip will even be going ahead in any case but this is just adding to my bubbling, boiling rage.

@ScotGov

Posted at 12:35

Republic of Ireland 'on course for EU certificate scheme'

The Republic of Ireland is on target to introduce the EU Digital Covid Certificate from 19 July.

Taoiseach (Irish PM) Micheál Martin confirmed the date to national broadcaster RTÉ, saying that "things are getting better" for the aviation industry.

It follows new research from the European Centre for Disease Control which found a low risk of in-flight transmission for the virus among those eligible for the certificate scheme.

The aim of the certificate is to enable anyone vaccinated against Covid-19, or who has tested negative or recently recovered from the virus, to travel within the EU bloc.

Thomas Byrne, the Republic's minister of state for European affairs,said last month he is "keeping an interest" in possibly making Irish passport holders who live in Northern Ireland eligible for the certificate.

The certificate will come into effect in a number of EU countries from 1 July, with each member state able to determine how to use it - with some countries voicing concerns they might be discriminatory.

Read more about the EU certificate.

As part of our pre-season we had lined up a friendly against Lowland League side Caledonia Braves. We've since found out that because the LL is classed as "elite", not only would all our players have to take a lateral flow test, they would also all have to be done under the supervision of a medical professional.