Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Think it was called on this very thread around a year or so ago that because Hancock is such a fucking idiot, he couldn't tell how plainly obvious it was that he was being set up for a fall so that if (when) everything did come out in the wash, it would be he and he alone left to be take the full derry.

That wasn't the point I was making, though.
It was that the very same demographic now wailing about the injustice of not being able to attend their child's egg and spoon race, were previously deriding anyone who suggested easing restrictions should happen as "just wanting a pint," shooting down any questions on the inconsistencies about similar activities that were allowed as being "essential" and thanking our dear leader for keeping us all safe.
Now that it is actually having an impact on them rather than other people, they start shouting about how it's all unfair and they should be allowed because there is a big beer garden in Glasgow.
Absolute hypocrites.
Perhaps if they had been this vocal months ago we'd all be further down the road.
With you now.

And I agree.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder what would happen if all the perfectly healthy, symptom-free people getting tested in Scotland each day suddenly decided to stop getting tested.

I was thinking about this the other day.  Surely if a sufficient number people are doing twice weekly LFT, even if they are asymptomatic, this going to artificially increase the positivity percentage and cases from the PCR tests. 

If their LFT is positive, they then have to have that confirmed by a PCR.  That would mean that the chances of a positive PCR test are far higher and that would push up the positivity rate?  If we're going down this model, then I'd say we end up with a sample bias towards potentially positive people.  

29 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  Surely if a sufficient number people are doing twice weekly LFT, even if they are asymptomatic, this going to artificially increase the positivity percentage and cases from the PCR tests. 

If their LFT is positive, they then have to have that confirmed by a PCR.  That would mean that the chances of a positive PCR test are far higher and that would push up the positivity rate?  If we're going down this model, then I'd say we end up with a sample bias towards potentially positive people.  

100% correct. 

My wife got her second AZ vaccine yesterday at 7pm. The vaccination centre was very quiet, she was in and out in about five minutes. The staff said that once they get to 4pm they have more people missing their appointments than attending.

I just can't take 'LoNg CoViD' seriously, I'm afraid. warnock.png

Disability/occupational disease for being a wee bit tired ffs. iZT8ghc.png

The Sunday People highlights a plea by the TUC for the government to help the more than one million victims of Long Covid by recognising it as a disability.

It says the TUC also wants ministers to classify Covid-19 as an occupational disease - entitling workers and their families to claim disability benefit and compensation if they contract the virus while working.

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Get the cigars out and the borders open chaps. 

I'm sure we'll 'follow the data and evidence'!

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder what would happen if all the perfectly healthy, symptom-free people getting tested in Scotland each day suddenly decided to stop getting tested.

Pretty sure nearly all of Europe and the US only test symptomatic people. The UK has become utterly obsessed ever since Psycho Hancock had his shan wee '100,000 tests a day' target at the beginning of all this.

39 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Mrs had her first dose of the sweet Pfizer this morning

If that's what you want to call it...

But good to see you finally hitting it off nonetheless.

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

The entire point of a public health testing process is for the final sample to be biased towards positive cases: that's how you maximise detection and possible transmission in the community. 

A 5% positivity rate under the testing regime is not the same as a 5% rate twelve months ago. So long as this is accounted for, there is no problem. The issue is not with people taking regular tests but rather how that data is interpreted by the diddy dentist and gormless politicians who still buy into his shite.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

David King will be deed soon anyway, the auld sociopath.

As has been the case throughout this entire shit show, I could care less what people's political views are if they maintain a grip on reality. Tory c**t Liam Fox absolutely spot on with this article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9704319/Former-Minister-DR-LIAM-FOX-says-Britain-nation-Covid-neurotics-forever.html

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Lockdown for three weeks to save the NHS from climate change. 

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

The cases chart showing the different waves (the one they show on the BBC UK news)  is completely meaningless and has been ever since they started testing more widely- i.e. not just everyone who was in intensive care with COVID. 

Essentially the definition of a 'case' has changed over the course of the pandemic in the UK.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As has been the case throughout this entire shit show, I could care less what people's political views are if they maintain a grip on reality. Tory c**t Liam Fox absolutely spot on with this article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9704319/Former-Minister-DR-LIAM-FOX-says-Britain-nation-Covid-neurotics-forever.html

Over the last year I have come to the conclusion that we don't always get the most competent politicians if we are only picking from a pool of 'people who believe that Scotland should be an independent country'.