Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Tbf they’re being sneaky about it.  They’re saying hospitalisations (admissions) are rising and trotting out what seems a scary percentage rise.  They aren’t making a big deal about people being discharged faster hence the actual number of people in hospital is steady.  Admissions is the new case numbers.  It matters not a jot when they’re being treated then papped out at the same rate they’re being admitted.

When will we get the data broken down into those in due to suffering with Covid and those in for a broken wrist but test positive? The latter will appear more concerning when there is higher transmission in the community among younger people when in reality it isn't.

UEFA should have just taken all games out of Scotland instead of subjecting the global viewing audience to that tepid, Clownshoes-friendly game, with fewer fans able to attend than the diddiest of diddy League Cup semi-finals. 

Moving it to Budapest would have been so much better for the fanbases involved and the spectacle as a result.

12 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Looks like there's more sane people round your way than you thought, auld fella. 

A 25% swing?

To the Lib Dems?

That's gotta hurt. 

Time to update your location, mibbes?

Eh?  Not sure why this jibe, mate.

As I have said a few times, I haven't voted Tory in local or national elections since Boris became party leader.  I don't like Brexit, I don't like him and I don't like his government so, naturally, I adjust my vote accordingly. I was impressed with Sarah Green's campaign - as mentioned on the quiz thread - and delighted with her win yesterday and was pleased to send just a small message of, "We don't like who you are or what you're doing" to the government.

This is in sharp contrast to the daft wee tartan gonks on here that you identify with who, faced with a deeply incompetent government and a duplicitous and monomaniacal FM decided in May that what Scotland needs  is five more years of The Murrells supported by Humza, James Dornan and John Swinney.  Their message to the government?  "We're mushrooms.  We've been kept in the dark and fed shit for years.  Five more years of it, please."

Of 806 people infected with the Delta variant who ended up hospital in England between 1 February and 14 June 2021:

• 527 (65%) people were unvaccinated
  • 135 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine
  • 84 (10%) were more than 14 days after their second dose

As of 14 June, there have been 73 deaths in England of people who were confirmed as having the Delta variant and who died within 28 days of a positive test, and of these:

• 34 (47%) were unvaccinated
  • 10 (14%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine
  • 26 (36%) were more than 14 days after their second dose

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57525891

Fantastic to be back at a stadium and see a game earlier. Stewards were pretty decent tbh and fairly easy going. Hopefully more of the same next season and the whole covid passport or negative LFT doesnt come to fruition. 

It was good to have some normality back, albeit a small fraction of fans 😊

Really wish the govts/media/advisors would stop the knicker wetting about cases rising in certain areas. Tbh 5 million folk in Scotland could get covid for all I care. As long as deaths/ICU numbers remain low that's what matters. Repeated drives for folk to get tested twice a week is to skew facts and scare the lovejoys. 

20 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Do folk drink the same day as they've had their vaccinations?

I shared  a bottle of Nyetimber - the best of English champagne - and also cashed two cheques using my banking app - on the day of my 55th 1st jab.

53 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Blootered in a massive garden party. Fantastic performance from Scotland. We are going through.

It is brilliant seeing all the scenes tonight. 

Sure the Karen's on Facebook who can't attend Nursery graduations and the JL types who follow every rule will be utterly seething. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

56 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Do folk drink the same day as they've had their vaccinations?

Can You Drink Alcohol After Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? Doctors Set the Record Straight

Currently, there is no evidence that booze interferes with the formation of antibodies.

Edited by The Master

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

It is brilliant seeing all the scenes tonight. 

Sure the Karen's on Facebook who can't attend Nursery graduations and the JL types who follow every rule will be utterly seething. 

Aye, I've already saw one of the Facebook maws have a rant about it whilst she cant go to a nursery graduation. Melt 

Haven't been on this thread for a number of weeks. Interesting to see there is a growing number of people on here who are thinking the way I have for a good while.

Absolutely sick to death of this shit. From my viewpoint, and of course it is purely anecdotal to anyone else, I have seen just about nothing of Covid in an objective sense from the day it first entered our collective consciousness.

I cannot understand why we are still in the situation we are in.

If people have been affected by Covid, in whatever way, then I am genuinely sorry and have sympathy for you. However, now is the time to get this as far to hell as we can, open things up, allow people to live their lives.

Aye, I've already saw one of the Facebook maws have a rant about it whilst she cant go to a nursery graduation. Melt 
Here, no she's not a melt, at least in that she is right in the sense she should be able to attend the nursery graduation.

She's taking her frustrations out on the wrong folk though. As we probably would as football fans, if they, say, allowed crowds at Rugby but not at Football.

29 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Here's where the local authorities need to step in.

If you think 'nursery graduation' is a thing you need to have your weans taken away from you and given to better people.

Edited by The_Kincardine

8 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Here, no she's not a melt, at least in that she is right in the sense she should be able to attend the nursery graduation.

She's taking her frustrations out on the wrong folk though. As we probably would as football fans, if they, say, allowed crowds at Rugby but not at Football.

Yeah I agree both things should be allowed, but nursery graduations are a hideous concept