Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Detournement said:

We didn't have blanket International quarantine and it led to the restrictions now being justified by the Delta variant. 

So she was right about this. 

More than negated by her vaccine lies in the same tweet, hence why she shat it and deleted.

Natta bit of social distancing or mask wearing on the London bound trains.

Also selling bevy on the train aswell which is a terrific sight.

Only lager they have is Budweiser though which is the only thing ruining my mood.

Wee Rosé had to do

6F5270D1-FFD2-41A5-8C3C-5EFC1D959F13.thumb.jpeg.9b04567637090f0276d55b41ec29bcc5.jpeg

We’ll be coming 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

22 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

More than negated by her vaccine lies in the same tweet, hence why she shat it and deleted.

Possibly. It depends on whether a single shot of AZ is more effective against the SA variant than against Delta. I can't remember.

I do remember the usual suspects on here were up in arms about the prospect of different variants resulting in lower vaccine efficiency but here we are under huge restrictions on a sunny summer day for that very reason (according to Sage).

Edited by Detournement

My work are moving back to a hybrid working model, in the office a couple of days a week from late summer/autumn.  People who really want to can go into the office every day if they want, that's the case now.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My work are moving back to a hybrid working model, in the office a couple of days a week from late summer/autumn.  People who really want to can go into the office every day if they want, that's the case now.

That’s the model we’re adopting too. As my job involves me going to Sheffield and Rugby, I’m planning on being in 3 days a fortnight. 

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

And so the utter minter truly begins, leading to the Government being bounced into another humiliating U-turn: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57504082

I absolutely knew when the UK media started giving it big licks about how terrible 'the EU's' vaccine rollout was going that they'd be going on foreign holidays before we were. 

That this isn't being seen as a national humiliation is rather weird.

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Funny that.  People that mix more will spread the virus more.

image.png.80e86f84bfb57ab8c5d609a355c4eeb0.png

Case numbers now above where they were 3 months ago.

image.png.64b426c29b178ce9efaa34849a3beac1.png

Hospitalisations nowhere near it.  In percentage terms it would seem a large increase.  In actual number terms it's about 300 up from the lowest point.

image.png.52e537cf3e500d0d27ef4f372beaf103.png

Yep.  We really look like we're on the brink of a wave of hospitalisations that will break the NHS with all these young people passing the virus to each other.  The irony is they're actually helping the situation now because by mixing and spreading the disease amongst each other they're contributing to the build up of herd immunity and harming sod all in the process.

Hospitalisations are the only numbers that matters. Everything else is meaningless. 

I absolutely knew when the UK media started giving it big licks about how terrible 'the EU's' vaccine rollout was going that they'd be going on foreign holidays before we were. 
Calder on Radio Scotland right now. Again saying 5 August at the earliest and possibly only Islands at first ie Balearics, Greek etc. More likely to be into September ie once English schools back for mainland Europe or N America. Had we remained in the EU vaccine would have been slower but we may were have had travel within the bloc much sooner ironically.

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

Hospitalisations are the only numbers that matters. Everything else is meaningless. 

Case numbers still matter in the sense that they are still somewhat associated with hospitalisations, even if it is much less so than before and now basically only in the younger age groups. We still want to see the case numbers falling because the automatic consequence of that is that the hospital numbers will also fall, even in terms of the "false" hospital cases which are basically non-covid related patients happening to test positive.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

We didn't have blanket International quarantine and it led to the restrictions now being justified by the Delta variant. 

So she was right about this. 

She was right to parrot that the SA variant was resistant to the AZ vaccine?

Are you sure about that mate?!

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Funny that.  People that mix more will spread the virus more.

image.png.80e86f84bfb57ab8c5d609a355c4eeb0.png

Case numbers now above where they were 3 months ago.

image.png.64b426c29b178ce9efaa34849a3beac1.png

Hospitalisations nowhere near it.  In percentage terms it would seem a large increase.  In actual number terms it's about 300 up from the lowest point.

image.png.52e537cf3e500d0d27ef4f372beaf103.png

Yep.  We really look like we're on the brink of a wave of hospitalisations that will break the NHS with all these young people passing the virus to each other.  The irony is they're actually helping the situation now because by mixing and spreading the disease amongst each other they're contributing to the build up of herd immunity and harming sod all in the process.

So as cases now inevitably begin to level off in seemingly every age group apart from 15-19 (which will surely follow), the question needs to be asked.

SAGE modelling - where are they pulling their bullshit future modelling numbers from? They SURELY can't pull the 'not opening back up did the trick' card that they did with lockdowns as we've already started tailing off before the reopening.

Edited by djchapsticks

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
21 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Calder on Radio Scotland right now. Again saying 5 August at the earliest and possibly only Islands at first ie Balearics, Greek etc. More likely to be into September ie once English schools back for mainland Europe or N America. Had we remained in the EU vaccine would have been slower but we may were have had travel within the bloc much sooner ironically.

I like Calder but he can talk utter pish. Egos are now at play here for Government seeing Germans allowed on their jollies. It will quickly be rectified.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Thailand was a poster child

I'm 46, I may have mind a child, you cheeky c**t  but if you want come to my 47th birthday party which is on Sunday, your more than welcome.

I always know whoever I invite, I shall still be the maddest fucking in the house. Tunes and stories, combined.  

Edited by SlipperyP

Interesting paper of out Iceland claiming that vaccinating in ascending age or randomly would have prevented more infections than vaccinating in order of descending age. Largely because it's the asymptomatic young-uns who do most of the spreading.

10 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I'm 46, I may have mind a child, you cheeky c**t  but if you want come to my 47th birthday party which is on Sunday, your more than welcome.

Having followed this thread from the early days, discovering Slippery is younger than me is one of the first times I've had a double take at a post. 

Anyone else tested positive after their first jab?

I did on Tuesday with LF and yesterday with PCR, last 36 hours have been fucking torture with body temperature all over the shop,brutal migraines, dizziness, sore eyes and really sensitive to light.

Think I'm past the worst of it now but if the vaccine lessens how bad the symptoms are then I'm glad I've had my first one as I can't think how bad it would have been if I hadn't been jabbed. 

Edited by Fuctifano

45 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I like Calder but he can talk utter pish. Egos are now at play here for Government seeing Germans allowed on their jollies. It will quickly be rectified.

Paul Charles has been wrong on just about every prediction he made in the last two months. He predicted transatlantic announcement on 8th june and at g7. Il read articles he highlights from other sources etc but he himself has been so off the mark. 

33 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Anyone else tested positive after their first jab?

I did on Tuesday with LF and yesterday with PCR, last 36 hours have been fucking torture with body temperature all over the shop,brutal migraines, dizziness, sore eyes and really sensitive to light.

Think I'm past the worst of it now but if the vaccine lessens how bad the symptoms are then I'm glad I've had my first one as I can't think how bad it would have been if I hadn't been jabbed. 

Hope you feel better soon mate. How long ago was your first jag?