Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Liar extraordinaire Hancock says "freedom day will not be delayed beyond 19th July". What's the bets that - A: it will be delayed and B: some new big bad scary varient that we just dont know about will be the reason 🙄

Europa League variant should arrive about then imo.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Looks like test and protect less trigger happy with blanket isolations. Good thing. None of the other players having to isolate.

Is that an email sent to the other players or to you in the crowd?

Wonder if any of the pre-season games have had someone in the crowd test positive yet. And whether the T&P name/number details have actually come in handy.

Doom monger Deepti now saying that we can’t live with covid and that we shouldn’t accept anyone dying from it.

I've only become aware of her recently but she seems the biggest fud of the lot.

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Tory MP says he has seen detailed plans for a winter lockdown. 

Makes a fairly obvious point that if it's essential to ensure the NHS isn't overwhelmed the way to do it is by increasing capacity not by shutting down society. 

The way things are going with the NHS it's getting close to the point where it's a method of rationing health care rather than providing it. 

So let me get this straight, every elderly and vulnerable person will be double dosed. Everyone else will probably have had two doses by then. Also the boosters and flu jags so why the hell would the beloved NHS be overwhelmed? Think these kunts want us to believe the vaccines are a placebo the way they're dismissing their effectiveness 

52 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Doom monger Deepti now saying that we can’t live with covid and that we shouldn’t accept anyone dying from it.

As ever, a pile of carping from an Indie SAGE bore with no explanation at all of how we might eradicate Covid. Dr Deepti carefully ommiting this in order to prevent her psychopathic tendancies from being completely exposed. 

21 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm saying nothing except heeds > toilet > flush.

Goodnight.

Can’t remember who it was but one of the tory MPs rubbished the modelling data in the debate today.  Basically questioned all the assumptions then tore them apart and talked about how if the assumptions were based in reality the models and therefore exit policy would look completely different

About fucking time: bounced into it by what is happening on the continent and the United States. It will still mean most of July lost, however, if it's not in place by the end of this month.
Also, if they still plan to ludicrously test those fully vaxxed (not mentioned yet) it will continue to put us at a disadvantage to Europe and the US, so it should be straight in the bin.

Calder was on R5 today saying 5 August at the earliest and will still require testing even for double jagged. Also suggested it will be phased with 5 weekly "reviews". It's basically not much better than now !

It's like everything else. Restrictions will only be significantly eased once every adult is double dosed. Late August/ September seems to be where all the signposts are pointing. Not too much more can kicking needed now we are already looking at later in July for the next hack out the long grass.

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

We also have detailed plans for events should war break out, but it doesn’t necessarily mean we are about to square go Russia.

Detailed Government plans for events should war break out:

1. On seeing the bright flash of a nuclear detonation immediately face away from the blast, bend over, and tuck head firmly between your thighs

2. Kiss your arse goodbye.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

That Not Giving In song by Rudimental now has the same sort of effect on me as my phone alarm. It should be banned from the radio when all this shite is over. 

Yip, its irritating as fck. I didnt even know it was a real song. I just thought it was some annoying jingle made up for the radio propaganda 

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

That Not Giving In song by Rudimental now has the same sort of effect on me as my phone alarm. It should be banned from the radio when all this shite is over. 

Every song made by Rudimental should be banned from radio tbh. 

6 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

The amount of people I see on a daily basis wearing a mask while in their own car really makes me wonder their logic, scared to death by clown shoes and the like probably.

I’m now at a stage were if I don’t have a mask on me I don’t really care and would never not go into a shop because I don’t have one. 

That's crazy, however we have to wear a mask in our cars if we are with other people. Even if they are from the same household.

That means I can sit in my house all day with the family as soon as we all jump in the car we all have to put on masks, or we could be pulled over and fined.

Batshit crazy is the way to go.

Thailand will open up to all visitors in 120 days time if they have been double doses, no quarantine required.  Unless something major happens.

Our Leader, last evening on a live broadcast on all channels, stated 'we have to take the chance, yes, cases will rise, however we can't live like this forever. By that middle of Oct, 70% of the population will have been vaccinated, time to move on'.

Let's hope he keeps his word.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

That's crazy, however we have to wear a mask in our cars if we are with other people. Even if they are from the same household.

That means I can sit in my house all day with the family as soon as we all jump in the car we all have to put on masks, or we could be pulled over and fined.

Batshit crazy is the way to go.

Same here.  Actually worse - we need to wear masks in cars even if alone!  Logic was that it trains people to wear masks at all times and also if/when the border guards stop the vehicle the occupant(s) are already masked. 

Our latest is we need a Travel Pass to move from area to area (an area would be a district in our world) - this requirement doesn't apply to those living in the City Proper so folk can freely move to each area from the city but not from each area to the city.  

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Thailand will open up to all visitors in 120 days time if they have been double doses, no quarantine required.  Unless something major happens.

Our Leader, last evening on a live broadcast on all channels, stated 'we have to take the chance, yes, cases will rise, however we can't live like this forever. By that middle of Oct, 70% of the population will have been vaccinated, time to move on'.

Let's hope he keeps his word.

That's not very caring. What if people die????

Glad we've got Queen Nicola looking after us all. 

37 minutes ago, Steven W said:

That's not very caring. What if people die????

Glad we've got Queen Nicola looking after us all. 

People don't die, they just moved to another place, welcome to the Buddhist thinking. 

Also, we have money to make, out of stupid tourists.

Edited by SlipperyP

I saw this advert the other day and thought I'd imagined it. "Even if you're fully vaccinated and don't show symptoms you might have coronavirus. Get tested twice a week." Is this a thing? Is anyone doing this? Does anyone expect anyone to do this? Is the entire population supposed to take two tests a week forever?
I'm twice vaccinated - a week into the 2 week period for the second jag to kick in - but I'm still doing my twice weekly LFTs.

But that's more to do with being a teacher in a Dundee school where the virus is going like wildfire through our S2/S3 pupils (but not seniors - yet). I've also been a bit more wary because my wife is going through her radiology treatment this week. I know the odds are low but was more conscious of anything that could postpone her treatment.