Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Does a PCR take any longer than a bog standard one? I have one Wednesday night for a flight on Friday.

I had a PCR test at the Express Test place at Edinburgh airport for a flight last week. They said I was guaranteed the results by 10pm the following day, but I received my results in just 4 hours. Not bad at all

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Which criteria of being a frustrated person do you think he fails?

Didn't like being written out of Sons of Anarchy imo

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

A good thread about the nonsense data that is being used to justify the continuing lockdown. 

If people are stupid enough to believe this in the summer then anything is possible this winter.

Sage need launched into the sea when this is over . Doom mongers 

32 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

i've started wearing a snood recently , its much easier to play the game with it than a mask with straps , keep it over the face when someones watching then just pull it back down round your neck when your in the clear , quite refreshing in shops etc  actually , easy to pretend it's just slipped and you haven't noticed  if called out rather than being accused of being a dick with no mask or mask round your chin

Good idea.

Ill do that

Yep when they quoted a figure last week of 3% it was actually 2.8%.
Needless to say the figure yesterday (I think though it may have been last week) was given as 5.2% rather than 5.
Happy to round up to the nearest whole number %  but not to round down it would seem. 

Is the discrepancy between these numbers perhaps down to the case numbers being the number of "new cases". Anyone who takes a follow-up test and is still positive would be included in the test positivity but not the number of new cases.

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Sage need launched into the sea when this is over . Doom mongers 

Yeah let’s not listen to the experts.  That makes sense.

The early exposé of the government failure to take the findings of Operation Cygnus seriously shouldn’t be forgotten.  If we’d listened to the experts then we’d probably be in a better place now.

29 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I’m fairness you could pick a face in any crowd to make a similar point.

1. There was about 50 folk in this “crowd” representing frustrated people.

2. They’re hassling a journalist because they’re a bunch of thick anti-vax freaks. 

3. The boy in the photo was wandering about with a can of premixed G&T FFS.

Personally level 0 would be a huge step forward for me in getting back to early 2020 life.  Probably the biggest step within the levels.

Obviously I want all restrictions gone,   But moving to 0 would be great,  and with any sense we’ll have huge parts of the country in it next week. 

Just now, parsforlife said:

Personally level 0 would be a huge step forward for me in getting back to early 2020 life.  Probably the biggest step within the levels.

Obviously I want all restrictions gone,   But moving to 0 would be great,  and with any sense we’ll have huge parts of the country in it next week

Not happening.

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

1. There was about 50 folk in this “crowd” representing frustrated people.

2. They’re hassling a journalist because they’re a bunch of thick anti-vax freaks. 

3. The boy in the photo was wandering about with a can of premixed G&T FFS.

Sure they were also shouting about people being locked inside their houses.  They can't have been the most secure of locks if they all managed to make the protest.

They are a bunch of lunatics who make it easy to brush aside criticism of restrictions.  As has been the case for months, people seem to have splintered off into their extreme groups with very little left in the middle for nuanced debate.

I'm not normally one of those "obsessed by the stats" guys but my brief perusal of them seems to show that the number of cases is plateauing at between 7-8 thousand cases a day and deaths at around 10 per day, I feel the governments should have held their nerves and followed their initial plan to open up - and I say this from pox-ridden South Ayrshire.