Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Another absolute minter for Brexit Little Britain and the Scottish Government tagging along with them. Just remember that when they try to go back to talking of support for open borders, freedom of movement and the EU once the pandemic is truly over.

This will be the real test of the Scottish Government IMO. Do they follow the lead of their beloved EU or continue the cautious approach and get left behind?

Guest Bob Mahelp
38 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

At the end of his interview this morning on Radio Scotland he was asked if he expected restrictions to be lifted by August and stated he didn’t think we would be back to normal by then.

Surely that type of negativity is not being favoured by the government any more and he is presenting his own narrative?

Leitch has been presenting his own narrative for months now. It's disgusting that this dentist is allowed to effectively push/dictate government policy. 

This utter khunt of a man and his followers will have us locked down forever. 

Its becoming obvious that a lsrge number of people at the top of the response in Scotland and the UK need to take a step back. They are pathologically unable to follow the progression of this and are welded into crisis management mode. Possibly desperately trying to make amends for the deaths already caused, who knows. But either way, they are not manging this correctly now.

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

More goalpost shifting.

Headache and runny nose linked to Delta variant https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57467051

Just read that.

A headache, sore throat and runny nose are now the most commonly reported symptoms linked to Covid infection in the UK, researchers say.

Prof Tim Spector, who runs the Zoe Covid Symptom study, says catching the Delta variant can feel "more like a bad cold" for younger people.

Almost beyond parody at this point.

15 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

This will be the real test of the Scottish Government IMO. Do they follow the lead of their beloved EU or continue the cautious approach and get left behind?

Especially if the Republic of Ireland are signed up to this, which you expect they will be.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its becoming obvious that a lsrge number of people at the top of the response in Scotland and the UK need to take a step back. They are pathologically unable to follow the progression of this and are welded into crisis management mode. Possibly desperately trying to make amends for the deaths already caused, who knows. But either way, they are not manging this correctly now.

I genuinely think half of them would be delighted to keep restrictions in place indefinitely with folk getting tested every single week.

The reaction to the virus at the stage is just bizarre now. It poses almost no threat.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

My understanding is that its protection against hospitalisation.  The vaccines are believed to significantly reduce transmission but its difficult to capture where somebody contracts COVID from.

Again, this data has been out for some time and the good news is that double dose protection is around 85-90%.  

That’s my point, though - a single dose is “only” 30% effective, but the section of the population with only one dose already has only a tiny chance of being hospitalised even without the vaccine. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

🤡👞

Still beeling from Her Majesty giving Bauld a gong and ignoring his umpteen OFT appearances to spread the word. 

Nae luck, Jason. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

More goalpost shifting.

Headache and runny nose linked to Delta variant https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57467051

My 14 year old off school today with a head cold. Other half insistent yesterday she needs tested… so we go through to the drive in PCR place and get her tested. Also got a load of lateral flow tests to take home. 

Lateral flow negative

PCR back this morning negative

Other kid had the same cold last week as did half of her primary. I find this claim very very dubious. Is this data reliant on the public self testing and self reporting symptoms? If so I think we can file this under propaganda.

Edited by Munter

My 14 year old off school today with a head cold. Other half insistent yesterday she needs tested… so we go through to the drive in PCR place and get her tested. Also got a load of lateral flow tests to take home. 

Lateral flow negative
PCR back this morning negative
Other kid had the same cold last week as did half of her primary. I find claim this very very dubious. Is this data is reliant on the public self testing and self reporting symptoms? If so I think we can file this under propaganda.
Similar situation today. Got a call from the nursery to pick the wee one up as she has a cough and the Mrs was told to have her taken for a covid test or isolate for 10 days. An absolute fucking nonsense. She's got a cough because at nursery she is playing outside regardless of the fucking weather/kids have colds about 12 times a year. Farce.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
32 minutes ago, Munter said:

Similar situation today. Got a call from the nursery to pick the wee one up as she has a cough and the Mrs was told to have her taken for a covid test or isolate for 10 days. An absolute fucking nonsense. She's got a cough because at nursery she is playing outside regardless of the fucking weather/kids have colds about 12 times a year. Farce.

If kids have colds then they can also have Covid. Just take a fucking test and stop whining about the injustice of it all.

If kids have colds then they can also have Covid. Just take a fucking test and stop whining about the injustice of it all.
You wouldn't be able to walk in to any school or nursery across the country and not have at least 1 kid in there with a cold. It's an absolute nonsense.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 minutes ago, virginton said:

You wouldn't be able to walk in to any school or nursery across the country and not have at least 1 kid in there with a cold. It's an absolute nonsense.

The cold and Covid are both respiratory diseases. What's your alternative to this - just pretend that 'the weans cannae get it' and let it rip?

If you didn't want the hassle of constant testing and isolation then you could always have the nurseries closed instead. You don't get to have it both ways and drive yet another coach and horses through the requirements for every other sector to suit your convenience though.

Edited by vikingTON

The cold and Covid are both respiratory diseases. What's your alternative to this - just pretend that 'the weans cannae get it' and let it rip?
If you didn't want the hassle of constant testing and isolation then you could always have the nurseries closed instead. You don't get to have it both ways and drive yet another coach and horses through the requirements for every other sector to suit your convenience though.

I just find it a complete waste of resources. Of the tests they'll do for these kind of cases (if this is the same protocol across the country) I'm confident it'll be around 95% or higher that they come back negative. In all honesty I'd rather they did just close nurseries and schools if this is the path they are going down.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I just find it a complete waste of resources. Of the tests they'll do for these kind of cases (if this is the same protocol across the country) I'm confident it'll be around 95% or higher that they come back negative. In all honesty I'd rather they did just close nurseries and schools if this is the path they are going down.

You don’t need to guess. The % that are positive is posted every single day.