Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp

If the key to getting us out this horror show is the vaccination programme, I don't see why the government don't legislate and make it compulsory to be vaccinated. 

No if's, no but's, no exceptions unless for valid medical reasons. 

The government have been quick enough to legislate to take away our freedoms. Now legislate to give us them back. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If the key to getting us out this horror show is the vaccination programme, I don't see why the government don't legislate and make it compulsory to be vaccinated. 

The government have been quick enough to legislate to take away our freedoms. Now legislate to give us them back. 

Compelling people by law to get a vaccination is the opposite of restoring freedoms. There is no need for this abysmal take when the government could simply shut the door to the independent SAGE psycho brigade and stop shifting the goalposts every five minutes. 

There should be an objective set of criteria and legal oversight to end restrictions accordingly, rather than the emergency powers and back of a fag packet decisions made by all UK governments.

Some of the antivaxxers will change their tune once they realise they won't get to travel internationally without being vaccinated.

Daily Cases Update:  As yesterday get the feeling we may be near the peak. Cases up just 1.54%.   Rest of UK now rising faster.

1st real anomaly in the levels as Level 1 West Dunbartonshire surges past level 2 East Dunbartonshire.  Be interesting to see what Scotgov says if questioned.

Major countries in Europe.   Sweden with a big rise to 129.9 per 100K, then Scotland 113.6, Denmark 88.3, Netherlands 76.1,  Belgium 75.3 are the only other countries above 75

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 4th June to 10th June  were 6114 now 6208 up 1.54%.  Positivity was 3.7% now 3.8%.   Cases per 100k were 111.9 now 113.6

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  61.1 to 64.7 up 5.89%, England  60.2 to 63.9 up 6.15%,  Wales  17.1 to 18.9 up 10.53%, Northern Ireland 29.5 to 31.5 up 6.78%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

HELD BACK AT SCHOOL LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City   278.6 to 288.6  8% Positivity  and fairly rampant throughout city.

South Ayrshire  213.1 to 226.4

Clackmannanshire  209.5 to 209.5

City Of Edinburgh   189.4  to 195.6

Midlothian   187.1 to 181.7 

Glasgow City    163.5 to 163.6

Angus   178.1 to 154.9  LEVEL 1 

Perth & Kinross   149.4 to 152.0  LEVEL 1  

East Renfrewshire   137.1 to 137.1 

West Dunbartonshire    121.4 to 134.9  LEVEL 1    

East Ayrshire   141.0 to 132.0 

Renfrewshire    137.9 to 130.7

East Dunbartonshire    129.8 to 129.8

East Lothian 113.9 to 123.3 LEVEL 1 

West Lothian    112.5 to 115.8  LEVEL1

North Ayrshire  93.5 to 107.6 

North Lanarkshire  104.6 to 105.2

South Lanarkshire   99.5 to 98.3

Fife   56.5 to 62.1

Aberdeen City  54.7 to 60.8

Scottish  Borders 43.3 to 58.0 

Stirling   71.1 to 57.3

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Dumfries & Galloway 39.6 to 47.7 

Inverclyde  34.7 to 37.3 

Falkirk  39.2 to 36.0

Argyll & Bute   31.4 to 34.9

Aberdeenshire     24.1 to 24.1

Highlands  14.4 to 12.3

Moray   13.6 to 10.4

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Shetland Islands  13.1 to 4.4

Orkney Islands  4.5 to 0.0 

Western Isles  3.7 to 0.0

I would suspect the main reason there may be no shows is that younger people are more mobile so blue letters may have gone to addresses they no longer live at.
The young generation who can easily check their vaccination status online and sort any discrepancies out themselves. Blue envelope is a blue herring.

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

Is it possible the no-shows is because we’re at the age group of morons who believe conspiracy theories? That’s been my concern the further down the age groups they go.

Don't know, but I suspect it's not a coincidence that the age group that isn't taking the vaccine in the same numbers is exactly the same age of people with the lowest rate of registration with GPs/ dental surgeries. It's always been a struggle to engage this age group with the NHS - many of whom might not have a GP appointment for years (until they actually need one).

Quite strange i saw part of an interview with the health sec where the messaging around the 28th of June, although not incredibly positive, wasnt as negative as we’ve seen. Is there perhaps an outside chance of the 28th happening here? 
Looking at the figures sorta slowing a bit here it could be that the ‘third wave’ is nearing a wee peak, which suppose after over a month is expected, hospital levels are #dece and ICU levels are spectacular? Im just looking at the numbers as a lay man, surely we will have someone with a PhD in statistics or something who can shed some light on their thoughts...?

I think there’s someone on here that said they work at the Caird Hall vaccination centre?

I was just wondering what I might expect tomorrow? I’m assuming Pfizer because I’m under 40, and to be honest I’m hoping it is. 

I know the potential for serious side effects from AZ are absolutely tiny, but when there’s an official recommendation to offer an alternative it does add that bit of doubt. 

I think there’s someone on here that said they work at the Caird Hall vaccination centre?
I was just wondering what I might expect tomorrow? I’m assuming Pfizer because I’m under 40, and to be honest I’m hoping it is. 
I know the potential for serious side effects from AZ are absolutely tiny, but when there’s an official recommendation to offer an alternative it does add that bit of doubt. 
Careful what you wish for m9.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

I think there are a few breakdowns in communication here, such as not informing of change in address. It happens. Take also into consideration that there are a number of people who move around a lot, have no permanent address or are simply homeless and end up under the radar, no evidence that it has any thing to do with young people's assumed attitudes.

Agree with this. It's not an active choice not to enage, it's more that registering with a doctor or a dentist isn't a high priority - and the registering after  a first move from home never happens (or only happens when it is needed).

I expect this accounts for the relative lack of take-up