Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
54 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Yeah but it's a rapid rise against very few cases and it's resulting in no increase in hospitalisations or deaths.
You are right that they need to get their heads down and get jagging.

Has there genuinely been no increase in hospital admissions in NHS Tayside or did you just make that up. Just someone posted today country wide they were doubling every 10 days in Scotland and 7 in England so it would be surprising if the Dundee spike wasn't contributing to that ?

Don’t expect to ask a reasonable question on here without some wànker red dotting you.

4 hours ago, Paco said:

Most of Scotland’s unlocking has already been delayed, realistically the central belt in the best case scenario will go to Level 1 at the end of June, and Level 0 towards the end of July. And even at that it’s far from guaranteed. There was never firm plans for a June 21st style unlocking.

I share most people’s frustration about the pace of unlocking in Scotland but it isn’t unfair to say Sturgeon is more than happy to lead when bad news arrives. October, December and May lockdowns/slowdowns have been done weeks before Johnson inevitably does it in England.

The new July date in England won’t meet anybody’s expectations either, for what it’s worth. It’ll still be work from home, social distancing, wear face coverings.

All the way from Ayr to Dundee...

8 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Correct,  it's as if they work though you wouldn't know it with our media and some politicos.

Sadly its going to be interesting looking at cancer death statistics as well as other deaths in the next 18 months.

I've lost patients in the last month who have presented late due to not wanting to attend surgery  because of covid and some because of delays of services due to covid.

Very sad, its happening daily and its really upsetting.

It's all about covid though never mind everything else.

Wife diagnosed a stage 4 ovarian cancer the other day which was so advanced it was massive and had spread, the woman had been living with it for 6 months. Essentially didnt want to bother the doctor despite them being open for appointments the whole way through, the messaging about ‘dont overwhelm the NHS’ has confused people and no doubt cost lives that could have been saved.  

Thats me 9 hours in and without wanting to jump the gun, completely side effect free from #pfizer
Had mine on Thursday and had no side effects other than my arm feeling a bit heavy and the area being a bit sore. That's generally how I feel after an injection though.

Daily Cases Update:   Blootered, beers at Drumoig golf club and on for a Ruby at the Bell Rock Tayport for 11th Anniversary.  Rob Green's howler always a reminder of the date.

England and Wales now seem to be on the rapid rise. A few weeks  behind us. I think Scotland's top councils have maxed out with cases only up a tiny 1.51%,  and I see us flattening at around 120 per 100K maximum.  Absolutely acceptable if deaths and ICU stays as it is.  

Major countries in Europe.   Sweden with a big rise to 129.9 per 100K, then Scotland 111.9, Denmark 88.3, Netherlands 76.1,  Belgium 75.3 are the only other countries above 75

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 3rd June to 9th June  were 6023 now 6114 up 1.51%.  Positivity was 3.7% now 3.7%.   Cases per 100k were 110.2 now 111.9

Home Nations Daily update:  (2 Days) UK Average  51.7 to 61.1 up 18,18%, England  50.3 to 60.2 up 18.09%,  Wales  14.7 to 17.1 up 16.33%, Northern Ireland 27.3 to 29.5 up 8.06%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

HELD BACK AT SCHOOL LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City   271.9  to 278.6  

South Ayrshire   209.6 to 213.1

Clackmannanshire  211.5 to 209.5

City Of Edinburgh  190.5 to 189.4 

Midlothian   184.9 to 187.1 

Angus   198.8 to 178.1   LEVEL 1 

Glasgow City   162.5 to 163.5

Perth & Kinross  144.8 to 149.4  LEVEL 1    

East Ayrshire   155.7 to 141.0 

Renfrewshire    141.3 to 137.9

East Renfrewshire   130.8 to 137.1   

East Dunbartonshire    134.4 to 129.8

West Dunbartonshire    102.3 to 121.4  LEVEL 1  

East Lothian 103.7 to 113.9  LEVEL 1 

West Lothian    104.3 to 112.5  LEVEL1 

North Lanarkshire  99.3 to 104.6

South Lanarkshire    91.7 to 99.5

North Ayrshire   86.1 to 93.5

Stirling  73.2 to 71.1

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Fife   57.6 to 56.5

Aberdeen City  46.8 to 54.7

Scottish  Borders  36.4 to 43.3 

Dumfries & Galloway  33.6 to 39.6  

Falkirk  40.4 to 39.2

Inverclyde  28.3 to 34.7 

Argyll & Bute   29.1 to 31.4

Aberdeenshire     24.5 to 24.1

Highlands 17.4 to 14.4

Moray   14.6 to 13.6

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Shetland Islands  17.5 to 13.1

Orkney Islands  4.5 to 4.5 

Western Isles  3.7 to 3.7

The answer to that question willl depend on how pedantic you want to be about the phrase "no increase" and also about how willing you are to manipulate statstics to "sex up" a non-story.
If you want to be a reasonable person, you'd have a look and realise that there were very few patients in hospital because of covid last week in Dundee and there are very few this week as well. I imagine any fluctuation on zero will be down to the bizarre obsessiom of including unvaccinated and partially vaccinated people in the data and also the equally bizarre obsession with mixing in those in hospital for something else but who also test positive for covid.
If you want to be completely unreasonable and play with statistics you can make up any story you want about 200% rises but you'll need to find another audience cos I'll be switching off.
In the absence of any other evidence out there to the contrary, I'm going to go right ahead and re-iterate that current official figures clearly show that the link between cases and deaths/hospitalisations amongst doubly vaccinated people is as close to broken as it's worth mentioning.
It's not "weakened".
It's completely broken.
How broken you ask?
Fucking broken.
So hundreds of words to say you made it up, cheers. I didn't think Dundee was immune to the country wide rise in hospitalizations. Humzaesque from you.

My mum got her second (AZ) jab on Sunday and got the whole book of side-effects 48 hours later. She was also obliged to self-isolate because of a close contact - a wean whose parents decided to keep them at school with a known fever for a whole fucking week without testing or isolating them - the very same day. I suspect then that the second dose from the vaccine and some wild dosage from a grotty wean combined to produce that psycho overreaction from the immune system.

Tested negative for Covid and is feeling fine again now, but she is adamant that she won't be taking any future boosters for it. 

My mum got her second (AZ) jab on Sunday and got the whole book of side-effects 48 hours later. She was also obliged to self-isolate because of a close contact - a wean whose parents decided to keep them at school with a known fever for a whole fucking week without testing or isolating them - the very same day. I suspect then that the second dose from the vaccine and some wild dosage from a grotty wean combined to produce that psycho overreaction from the immune system.
Tested negative for Covid and is feeling fine again now, but she is adamant that she won't be taking any future boosters for it. 
Glad she's feeling better. I'm sure she'll think differently once some time has passed.

I think the hard part will be engaging folk in booster jabs when it's perceived life is "back to normal"

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Wife diagnosed a stage 4 ovarian cancer the other day which was so advanced it was massive and had spread, the woman had been living with it for 6 months. Essentially didnt want to bother the doctor despite them being open for appointments the whole way through, the messaging about ‘dont overwhelm the NHS’ has confused people and no doubt cost lives that could have been saved.  

Horrible to read that. Sadly I think there will be a lot more cases like that in the coming weeks/months. Everything has been pushed to the side for covid. Seems if it's not covid it doesnt "matter". Poor woman

Watching Belgium v Russia- despite the stadium being half full there was a good atmosphere.

Then cut to a Leitch restricted Hampden Park. Stewards surround anyone who sings "because it might spread Covid". No pies. No beer. Game has the atmosphere of a Wee Free funeral in December.

Rest of World watching on: "F*ck me, those Scots are miserable b*****ds"

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Watching Belgium v Russia- despite the stadium being half full there was a good atmosphere.

Then cut to a Leitch restricted Hampden Park. Stewards surround anyone who sings "because it might spread Covid". No pies. No beer. Game has the atmosphere of a Wee Free funeral in December.

I think the atmosphere at Hampden for the Scotland games  will be good. 

Clearly it would be better with more folk there though.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Bear in mind stadia have different entry requirements. Hampden is one of the most lenient!

Wembley requires proof of negative test or vaccination.

I agree though, the stadium experience will be a million miles away from what we are used to sadly.

For a one-off game the atmosphere will be good and people will jump through all the hoops required to be there. The play-off final at Cappielow was similar on a much smaller scale, helped of course by the absolute dicking delivered to the Nazis on that glorious May evening by The Famous.

There's a huge gulf between what can work for a one-off match/international tournament and the bread and butter of every other Saturday though. The current protocols would be completely unsustainable by October/November of this year in domestic football.