Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Had my jag yesterday. You get a leaflet and info sheet on the vaccine you had but how do we have proof we had a dose ? In England they get given a wee card. 

Wouldn’t sweat it. They’ll just scan the chip in your arm with all the info like a dogs microchip in the future. 😉

Something came up on Facebook today...  Going to race my classic motocross bike next weekend  at a event in the South of Scotland. The organizers have just been informed by Sport Scotland that the Event Scotland guidelines on allowing up to 500 spectators does not include sport!  so therefore they can't allow spectators at the race. Does not affect me next week but sure does the following weeks when i was going to watch a Scottish Championship which I will not get to see now.

Edited by maicoman

Something came up on Facebook today...  Going to race my classic motocross bike next weekend  at a event in the South of Scotland. The organizers have just been informed by Sport Scotland that the Event Scotland guidelines on allowing up to 500 spectators does not include sport!  so therefore they can't allow spectators at the race. Does not affect me next week but sure does the following weeks when i was going to watch a Scottish Championship which I will not get to see now.

This seems like nonsense given that fans were allowed at all but one of the play-off final games, and also several non-league friendlies, under exactly those rules.

51 minutes ago, maicoman said:

I know for the play off games, well certainly at Killie it was 500 fans plus the usual hangers on of media, directors, club staff,stewards etc. Sounds like they're at it by saying it doesnt include sport 

I would say the organisers to put it bluntly are talking pish.

1 hour ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Had my jag yesterday. You get a leaflet and info sheet on the vaccine you had but how do we have proof we had a dose ? In England they get given a wee card. 

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status Log online to the link here and it provides details, can request a paper copy if needed

Spitting feathers here, so I apologies for my language beforehand.

Just received a phone call from my wife that I had to take my son and his homework to the his school to pick up more as the school is not opening on Monday as scheduled.  They have been off since middle of March.  

I head down to the school, place is busy, parents everywhere, collecting books for online working and milk (1 carton per day).  I was handed 40 cartons of milk and a months worth of online/homework that has to be handed in at the school each Friday, until further notice.  SCHOOL IS CLOSED.

I ask, why?  There is only 4 provinces in the dark red zone (schools closed/online teaching only), and we are not one of them.  In fact we are 2 tiers below, were in green zone.  We have only 122 cases from the start of the pandemic and only have FUCKING 2 ACTIVE CASES IN THE WHOLE PROVINCE OF QUATER MILLION PEOPLE.  What the f**k is going on? They couldn't answer.  I then called a person I know that works as a teacher in a private school in the town of Singburi.  They are opening as usual on Monday.  Her school has 1500 students.  My sons school has 78, for f**k sake!!!! His class as 12 students.

Obviously this is not the teachers fault, as this is coming from the work shy Government at the city halls, but f**k me.  Anyway, I left them to it all sitting together without masks having a rare old time of it.

I'm back to work full time on Monday, wife is at work.  He has to do online school work at his grandparents house, with no wifi, no computer, no smartphone... I'm not the only parent in this boat, however, I'm the only one that will ask questions.

Back to my yoga!!!!!11!

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Folk seem to forget at the height of the "first wave" in March/Apr/May 2020 nobody outwith the weirdos were wearing masks. Seems that now everyone who was vulnerable or old and has been double vaccinated that isnt enough. We must have a never ending cycle of boosters, mask wearing, social distancing, one way systems, signing in wherever you go for "fun". The last 15 months have shown there is a bunch of fcking oddballs out there 

11 cases of COVID amongst those that went to that nightclub test event in Liverpool, and that was amongst those that haven't been vaccinated . 

Public need to get to the stage where they are questioning this, rather than just rolling over 

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Whilst donating surplus doses is a good thing, why the hell is there as many as 100 million extra? 

To get in first, they bought them before knowing they worked.  If one failed, they'd  still have enough.

Johnson giving it the "no ones safe until everyone is safe" line this morning when justifying the vaccine donation pledge. Surely this is simply going to lead to an extended restriction on international travel. BBC this morning saying non essential travel to the USA unlikely before "late summer / early autumn at best" . It would appear there is going to be little change to any "green" list before the end of the English school holidays.

They also had Zahawi on with figs like 20k new cases and 100 deaths a day being tossed out there WITHOUT further relaxation by next month. This is crazy talk even in the context of attempting to justify delaying further relaxation.

i couldn't understand why anyone would be enjoying this shiteshow and not wanting to go back to normal

Then somehow after 18 months the penny dropped, this is like when it snows and half the c***s start asking to leave work early cause "the roads are a nightmare" and don't bother turning up the next day 

I feel silly that it took me this long

24 year old Edinburger vaccine appointment received this morning.

Did I push it back a week because I didn’t want it ruining my weekend/I want to leave it until after Scotland win the Euros? Not for me to say but yes.

13/07 for my microchip.

49 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Johnson giving it the "no ones safe until everyone is safe" line this morning when justifying the vaccine donation pledge. Surely this is simply going to lead to an extended restriction on international travel. BBC this morning saying non essential travel to the USA unlikely before "late summer / early autumn at best" . It would appear there is going to be little change to any "green" list before the end of the English school holidays.

They also had Zahawi on with figs like 20k new cases and 100 deaths a day being tossed out there WITHOUT further relaxation by next month. This is crazy talk even in the context of attempting to justify delaying further relaxation.

I cant see anything in the media about autumn etc? Most just non committal ‘asap’ nonsense. Hope this isnt the case :(