Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Im sure a year ago we still weren’t wearing masks as mandatory and it was 3 months into the shit show. Why folk are still wanting masks to be worn when nearly every man and their dog is vaccinated is beyond me. Some absolute creepy weirdos out there who’ve sadly being brought into the limelight to spout their nonsense 

The CDC put out a statement about a month back regarding mask wearing and stated that it was more or less completely pointless once people had been vaccinated, however this seems to have been totally ignored by our media, scientists, advisers and Governments.

Why ???

10 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Had my first dose of the vaccine yesterday at the Hydro. There was a queue, but only a 20 minute wait. Got the Pfizer. Few people were chancing their arm by turning up on spec for a jab but were told no.  Only a slight sore arm.

After I went to Edinburgh, lots of English tourists. Did hear a French Couple but they may live  here. Seen a group of Asian tourists outside a Holiday Inn, cant imagine they don't stay in the UK. 

I’ve got my 2nd one on 21st at 6pm… hoping there’s not a long wait as I want to be back in time for the Croatia game 

Just now, Scosha said:

I’ve got my 2nd one on 21st at 6pm… hoping there’s not a long wait as I want to be back in time for the Croatia game 

How long are the gaps between the 1st and 2nd just now ?

I only got my 1st on the 27th May, however I'd doubt if I'll be waiting 12 weeks for the next.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

You've forgotten about the public health psychos own flip-flopping every two minutes between 'the third wave in Britain will overwhelm us all!!!111!!!' to 'Britain must send its vaccines to the developing world now that vulnerable groups are covered, anything else is unfair!!!!1111!!!!'.

All while the economy that underwrites everyone else (and eventually) their livelihoods as well is shredded by their ridiculous shrieking for restrictions. 

To be fair, those positions are all consistent with each other. It just creates an overall batshit crazy view on the whole thing.

If certain people had their way, we’d vaccinate our most vulnerable but keep us locked down so that we can send the rest of the vaccines to developing countries.

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The CDC put out a statement about a month back regarding mask wearing and stated that it was more or less completely pointless once people had been vaccinated, however this seems to have been totally ignored by our media, scientists, advisers and Governments.

Why ???

Because if double vaccinated people are exempt from masks everyone will just stop wearing masks whether they are double vaccinated or not.

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

why not just change the time of your appointment - mine was supposed to be last Saturday but as i was playing golf I got it done the Wednesday before instead - really easy to reschedule

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I only got my 1st on the 27th May, however I'd doubt if I'll be waiting 12 weeks for the next.

Mine is exactly 8 weeks. I'm in East Dun and got my second bluey through yesterday. The App page had shown it for a few days before though so check that. 

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Theres got to be an 8 week gap between jabs,anything less time wise and it's no go .....

I "walked up" to the pyramids vaccination centre in Bathgate yesterday for my 2nd jag (9 week gap between that and the 1st one)

Just as well I did because the guy told me I was actually scheduled for 3.30 on Monday when the game is on,got back home and sure enough my 2nd vaccine letter was in !!

Both had colds the last week or so that I was assured was a throat infection when I saw the doctor. Been taking tests but all negative until today, gf just returned two positives this morning so off for a PCR test and 10 days of self isolation. 

Kicker is we had the Kitchin and a weekend away for her birthday booked next week, and I'm on my first week of holiday without a funeral to attend or exam resit to prepare for all year from tomorrow. Was due to be the one weekend she's not working on her dissertation like a maniac till the end of July too. Small fry in the grand scheme of things but both pretty devastated tbh

5 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Theres got to be an 8 week gap between jabs,anything less time wise and it's no go .....

Is this confirmed? I could have sworn I'd heard examples of anything after 3 or 4 weeks being good to go, certainly my dad is getting his second dose 4 weeks exactly after the first. 

I caught a bit of this story on morning TV earlier. The guy came across as an utter p***k. I personally think asking people if they’ve been vaccinated before you hire/fire them is way OTT. I honestly wouldn’t mind someone coming into my house who hadn’t been vaccinated. I’m very pro choice and if you’ve been vaccinated then you shouldn’t really care what others are doing or not doing. Some world we’re living in right now. I hate it 😞

090CF196-BE7B-40F9-8A0A-3064B575B078.jpeg

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Is this confirmed? I could have sworn I'd heard examples of anything after 3 or 4 weeks being good to go, certainly my dad is getting his second dose 4 weeks exactly after the first. 

NHS Fife are running AZ drop in centres today for anyone over 40 that hasn’t had their second jag or anyone that’s waited more than 8 weeks. No stipulation on time period for over 40s

image.thumb.png.a8927dc59b757823a35aa40b908a47c0.png

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Im sure a year ago we still weren’t wearing masks as mandatory and it was 3 months into the shit show. Why folk are still wanting masks to be worn when nearly every man and their dog is vaccinated is beyond me. Some absolute creepy weirdos out there who’ve sadly being brought into the limelight to spout their nonsense 

add to the fact that we and other countries have been through waves 2 , 3 and even 4 with everyone obliged to wear masks, 

and they'v made f**k all difference

PEopLE jUSt aREnt FolLoWing tEh rULes

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

22 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Both had colds the last week or so that I was assured was a throat infection when I saw the doctor. Been taking tests but all negative until today, gf just returned two positives this morning so off for a PCR test and 10 days of self isolation. 

Kicker is we had the Kitchin and a weekend away for her birthday booked next week, and I'm on my first week of holiday without a funeral to attend or exam resit to prepare for all year from tomorrow. Was due to be the one weekend she's not working on her dissertation like a maniac till the end of July too. Small fry in the grand scheme of things but both pretty devastated tbh

I’m sure self-isolation is 10 days from when your symptoms kicked in so you might not need to do a full 10 from when you tested positive 

44 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

why not just change the time of your appointment - mine was supposed to be last Saturday but as i was playing golf I got it done the Wednesday before instead - really easy to reschedule

Tried but couldn’t see anything available when I went online apart from Friday 18th but down in London