Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, GiGi said:

My dad just got his first dose of the vaccine over in SEA. Mental that even after he's double dosed he won't be able to come back to Scotland without some mental and costly hotel isolation pish.

On the discussion list at the g7 seemingly about murica letting in Europeans and vice versa 

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

USA is on the Amber list is it not? So 10 days at home. Not ideal by any means but cheaper and more feasible than hotel quarantine. 

That was shorthand for South East Asia.

11 hours ago, Left Back said:

The first reply had me howling.

“Until at least everyone has had two jabs”.  Well once everyone has had 2 who the f**k is left?

image.jpeg

As soon as the second jabs are over with people will immediately require third jabs.

Jane understands UK government policy very well.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

I know California are doing very well with vaccinations, but is this a truly 'full' reopening as they have been absolutely mental for restrictions? What token 'baseline measures' will they keep in place?

Full reopening, basing this on the lack for restrictions on crowds at disneyland (who held back themselves on the limits California had given them) and full baseball stadia (as the summer american sport its a good indicator) San diego Padres are going full stadium along with the others in Cali and thats an area which was a bit more pro-newsom than others. Its real, its happening and for some fucking reason we are still fucking about. 

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

That was shorthand for South East Asia.

Tbf its the airport code for Seattle. 

11 hours ago, Donathan said:

No, JCVI advice is that the AZ is much less risky than actually getting covid but that when virus prevalence is low, it would be preferable to wait a few weeks and get a different vaccine when it is offered.

As covid rates increase, there's a bigger risk of actually catching covid on a day-to-day basis if you're unvaccinated. Covid itself has a much higher rate of blood clots in all age groups than the Oxford vaccine. If prevalence continues to increase and the AZ vaccine is the one we have a glut of then it may well be that the JCVI revise their advice.

The thing about that is the JCVI are advising on the basis of an average person that doesn't actually exist and on UK averages is overweight. It seems a bit daft to weigh personalised risk by a mean score of vulnerability across a decade long cohort comprising millions of people rather than by individual health.

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

On the discussion list at the g7 seemingly about murica letting in Europeans and vice versa 

The taskforce will be overseen in the UK by Transport Secretary Grant Shapps and will be chaired by senior officials in the US and UK.

It will "work to explore options for resuming US-UK travel and ensure that the UK and US closely share thinking and expertise on international travel policy going forward", Downing Street said in a statement.

It added: "Links between the UK and US are not only crucial for our people, they create and sustain jobs across and throughout our two countries."

So, all bets are off, this is quite obviously nothing to do with public health but is 100% political. If the USA get taken off the "list" as part of some back room deal then I can't see ANYONE following the quarantine instructions for European countries and I'd expect a flood of bookings to Europe, myself among them !!

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As soon as the second jabs are over with people will immediately require third jabs.

Third jabs/boosters for the vulnerable groups will then become boosters for all adults, then boosters for teens/children/babies in the womb/pets/houseplants. Come the end of 2022 there will be people in this topic talking about how, with a bit of luck, things will be back to normal by 2024.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The taskforce will be overseen in the UK by Transport Secretary Grant Shapps and will be chaired by senior officials in the US and UK.

It will "work to explore options for resuming US-UK travel and ensure that the UK and US closely share thinking and expertise on international travel policy going forward", Downing Street said in a statement.

It added: "Links between the UK and US are not only crucial for our people, they create and sustain jobs across and throughout our two countries."

So, all bets are off, this is quite obviously nothing to do with public health but is 100% political. If the USA get taken off the "list" as part of some back room deal then I can't see ANYONE following the quarantine instructions for European countries and I'd expect a flood of bookings to Europe, myself among them !!

Blair was talking about an interanationally integrated vaccine passport system on Sunday.

It is therefore critical that individuals are able to prove their vaccine status. In this paper, we set out the digital health pass infrastructure that will need to be introduced to enable an individual to prove their vaccine status. This goes beyond the current NHS App: a globally interoperable system of health passes is required to allow citizens to prove their status in a secure, privacy-preserving way. The health pass needs to be usable both by national border authorities and other organisations within countries. I

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Blair was talking about an interanationally integrated vaccine passport system on Sunday.

Blair should be executed.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Blair should be executed.

I totally agree.

However in the actually existing reality he is funded by American oligarchs to promote their interests to UK politicians.

He was also talking about biometric ID cards in that interview.

33 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Comparing wearing a seat belt and picking up dog shit to social distancing and mask wearing emoji23.png.

tidy newsreaders thread for this!

also, finaly someone asking questions of this forever mask wearing pish, even tho it was week, it was a start

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I see Uncle Joe is buying 500 million Pfizer doses and sending them overseas.  Lovely stuff.

Youd think with the money the pharma companies have made out of this, they’d be the ones sending doses overseas as a goodwill gesture. Unless  Ive completely missed that happening 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-apply-for-5000-fans-inside-easter-road-for-arsenal-friendly-3267488%3famp

Hibs to apply for 5000 fans to attend our friendly with Arsenal. Will be interesting if the council and SG let this happen. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

25 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

tidy newsreaders thread for this!

also, finaly someone asking questions of this forever mask wearing pish, even tho it was week, it was a start

Im sure a year ago we still weren’t wearing masks as mandatory and it was 3 months into the shit show. Why folk are still wanting masks to be worn when nearly every man and their dog is vaccinated is beyond me. Some absolute creepy weirdos out there who’ve sadly being brought into the limelight to spout their nonsense 

Had my first dose of the vaccine yesterday at the Hydro. There was a queue, but only a 20 minute wait. Got the Pfizer. Few people were chancing their arm by turning up on spec for a jab but were told no.  Only a slight sore arm.

After I went to Edinburgh, lots of English tourists. Did hear a French Couple but they may live  here. Seen a group of Asian tourists outside a Holiday Inn, cant imagine they don't stay in the UK.