Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There never, ever, eeeeeeeever was. Ever.

See 12 weeks, operation moonshot, normal by November, Christmas, Easter is the new Christmas.

Johnson planning to claim victory by allowing more than 30 people at weddings and bar mitzvahs, according to today’s papers.

It’s absolutely fucking laughable. We’ll soon have a new date and be treated to people shouting about how good old Boris has provided ‘certainty’ for business.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Some craic being caught between the Lovejoys screaming 'Lock us down forever, its the only way to keep us safe!!! Look at how many people variants have killed' and the anti-vaxxers 'Vaccines are a double dose of gene manipulation, look at the evidence of how many people they've killed' and not knowing what bunch of complete and utter lunatics to laugh at harder.

Wild that there are two such polarising camps who hate each other's views and all the sane folk in the middle hate the fucking lot of them cos they are all talking some amount of shite.

You've forgotten about the public health psychos own flip-flopping every two minutes between 'the third wave in Britain will overwhelm us all!!!111!!!' to 'Britain must send its vaccines to the developing world now that vulnerable groups are covered, anything else is unfair!!!!1111!!!!'.

All while the economy that underwrites everyone else (and eventually) their livelihoods as well is shredded by their ridiculous shrieking for restrictions. 

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Add the 3.8% of people who voted against a bunch of Primary kids getting to watch the Scotland game on Monday to the gallows list.

image.png.da7ad34218b720dc0bf8921850616679.png

You can file my vote in the No camp if 'Poppy' is organising the campaign: an absolute wrong 'un confirmed. 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Surely the solution to this is to drop the requirement for children to isolate when they have a cough?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57398757

We've let the weans ride a coach and horses through enough public health restrictions that apply to every other group already. 

Self-isolation requirements for the fully vaccinated on the other hand should be formally removed or simply ignored though. 

Erm UK Cabinet ministers have been weighing in on the rights and wrongs of taking a knee, whether footballers should give their wages to NHS workers and the perennial poppy fascist squabble with UEFA - all within the past 18 months alone. 

The only reason why it seems like a different relationship is because the UK Government is also playing culture wars with cricketers and other sports that nobody gives a f**k about in Scotland.

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Woke up this morning to a text with my appointment - July 8. 23-years-old, no underlying conditions.

I'll be flowing with juicy antibodies in time for the Betfred Cup. Lovely stuff.

It actually takes three weeks for antibodies to kick in so your mob will have already been turfed out of the competition. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

After the 1980 Scottish Cup Final riot the Conservatives passed the Criminal Justice Scotland Act which means that even 40 years on you can't pay 5 quid to buy a plastic tumbler of warm fizzy pischlager at the football but those jolly rugger funsters can at Murrayfield.

In the late 80s The Thatcher Government were keen on bringing in ID cards for football supporters, and a number of Scottish Tory MPs were in favour. There was quite a campaign against it at the time among fans groups. The idea was dropped after the Hillsborough tragedy.

Some dafty (probably Mad Mickey Forsyth) decided it would be a good idea for Thatcher herself to attend the 1988 Scottish Cup final. The result was  both sets of supporters singing "Maggie, Maggie, get to f*ck".

Thanks old timer.

I think the main difference between the responses above is that they generally came from Sir Bufton Tufton type stories who wanted to string everyone up and bring back flogging, Geoffrey Dickens types. What we see from Scottish governments and political parties in the last 20 years is a bit different.

Got to hand it to this virus,it knows how to go for the weak spots and right now that is school kids......

My youngest laddies whole year (2nd year) has been told to self isolate after an outbreak at school..

My local primary school hit now too,with kids being sent home....

This ain't going anywhere until everyone gets a shot of the vaccination.

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Mask restrictions along with capacity limits at pubs, restaurants, gyms and other businesses will be lifted next week on 15th June in California, USA.

There’s absolutely no need for vaccine passports.

I know California are doing very well with vaccinations, but is this a truly 'full' reopening as they have been absolutely mental for restrictions? What token 'baseline measures' will they keep in place?

Just now, Thorongil said:

I love how the Astra Zeneca vaccine was being called The Oxford Vaccine by the politicians and their media. Then when problems emerged it was magically called the Astra Zeneca vaccine again.

"Aye he's British when he wins Wimbledon but he's Scottish when he loses".

4 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

There never, ever, eeeeeeeever was. Ever.

See 12 weeks, operation moonshot, normal by November, Christmas, Easter is the new Christmas.

!00%.

As you say, this has been a recurring theme throughout this crisis where the UK Gov promise the Earth with statements like "no going back", "irreversible", "set in stone" etc like any weak populist regime does in a time of crisis, however what's really sad is that they've not really been held to account by the media and everyone knows that any statement they now make is worth nothing other than a propaganda sound bite.

53 minutes ago, virginton said:

It actually takes three weeks for antibodies to kick in so your mob will have already been turfed out of the competition. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

So it'll just be kicking in time for Stevie Farrell's sexy football roadshow kicking off the new League One season?

Even better news. 

My dad just got his first dose of the vaccine over in SEA. Mental that even after he's double dosed he won't be able to come back to Scotland without some mental and costly hotel isolation pish.

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

My dad just got his first dose of the vaccine over in SEA. Mental that even after he's double dosed he won't be able to come back to Scotland without some mental and costly hotel isolation pish.

USA is on the Amber list is it not? So 10 days at home. Not ideal by any means but cheaper and more feasible than hotel quarantine.