Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Not a headline we thought we’d see. An absolute fucking disgrace we’ve landed in a situation where politicians are screaming for masked, distanced people to need a vaccine passport to attend a football match.

29 minutes ago, deegee said:

Whilst you feel sorry for the business lost last year, some of these hotels are clearly ripping folk off on the basis they think everyone is desperate fo4 their staycation this summer. I was in the Royal Hotel, Oban 3 weeks ago and it was £75 for room and (shit) breakfast. Fast forward a month and they’re looking at £462 for 3 nights!

We are off to Tobermory next weekend, rearranged from a week ago and the room rate at the Western Isles Hotel was £210 a night and they tried to increase it to £270 for B&B in their 3 star hotel. They’ve kept my old rate after I queried if I had booked a room in the Bahamas rather than Balamory! No doubt, I’ll be rewarded with a room facing the dustbins since I’m not paying the going rate.

76BDE466-D058-432E-83A4-13E75F2C4305.jpeg

Yes, it's totally shocking and what's worse, could you imagine paying that sort of money and being hit with weather like today ??

I've got a few days golf down at slaley hall in July which was actually surprisingly reasonable as booked through yourgolftravel, however other than that I think i'll be keeping the powder dry and hope to get abroad in September or after.

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Not a headline we thought we’d see. An absolute fucking disgrace we’ve landed in a situation where politicians are screaming for masked, distanced people to need a vaccine passport to attend a football match.

Ironically wasn't it the same media outlets who were coming across as all "outraged" when the idea was floated that vaccine passports could be required internally ??

31 minutes ago, mizfit said:

We’d booked a hotel in Glasgow for February. From memory £180 for 2 nights. It got cancelled because of the winter lockdown.

When we went to get a price to go last month they were wanting £400.00.

Totally shocking, especially when all the amenities and leisure facilities aren't even operating as normal.

And they wonder why we choose to holiday abroad ???

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Ironically wasn't it the same media outlets who were coming across as all "outraged" when the idea was floated that vaccine passports could be required internally ??

Common sense and facts have been at odds with sensationalism like this for a while. Vaccine passports for a limited capacity, distanced, outdoor event ffs.

6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Why are people so desperate for vaccines not to work? A ship full of vaccinated people and this person claims its a recipe for hundreds of sick and a sizeable number of deaths.

There isn’t anywhere near 7000 people on board (900 passengers, not sure how many crew but any company with more than 6 members of staff per customer won’t last very long) 

At some point, there needs to be a calculated gamble taken with self isolation. Isolate for ten days regardless of you having a negative test is nonsense.

Fair enough when we couldnt afford to take chances with community spread but surely now (or in two weeks Devi) being able to day someone has been a contact, but has tested negative more than likely doesnt have it is good enough.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

At some point, there needs to be a calculated gamble taken with self isolation. Isolate for ten days regardless of you having a negative test is nonsense.

Fair enough when we couldnt afford to take chances with community spread but surely now (or in two weeks Devi) being able to day someone has been a contact, but has tested negative more than likely doesnt have it is good enough.

Once everyone is vaccinated (probably once everyone has had 1 dose tbh) I will absolutely not be isolating if I get contact traced. It’s complete nonsense to continue with that.

Certainly Alex Cole-Hamilton’s Lib Dems were against them on a UK basis, but now he thinks it’s a disgrace the Scottish Government aren’t deploying them on scum football fans with the audacity to actually want to see a game.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Funnily enough I was pricing a few "getaways" earlier and a quick sample was,

3 nts in the Old England Windermere B&B in June was £1,284.00

3 nts in the Leeming house Ullswater B&B in June was £1,179.00

3 nts in the Royal hotel Oban B&B in June was £462.00

3 nts in the Drumossie Inverness B&B in June was £515.00

They can keep it !!!!

59 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Can get 4/5 nights in New York for that. 

Wouldn't give anywhere in the UK the steam off my pish and would rather top myself than go somewhere like fucking Cornwall.

Even China are sacking off lockdowns now and letting the virus spread. Another dull yin for the #ZeroCovid and 'life can't go back to normal' oddballs.

Get involved

1. Posted at 16:46

Fresh cases in China’s Guangdong, but life has not ground to a halt

3bb41f7d-768e-475b-a221-46e03bc66984.jpg

Kerry Allen

BBC Monitoring, Chinese Media Analyst

image.gif.eaddf557bbff92787dc873a5eb55c362.gif
    ReutersCopyright: Reuters
    Traffic control measures have been imposed in parts of Guangzhou in an attempt to limit the spread of the virusImage caption: Traffic control measures have been imposed in parts of Guangzhou in an attempt to limit the spread of the virus

In the past 24 hours, China has confirmed eight new domestic symptomatic cases of Covid-19, all in southern Guangdong province.

This is the only area of mainland China where there is currently an outbreak; 164 people are currently in hospital across the province. Most patients are in the populous city of Guangzhou, which along with the nearby city of Foshan and Wuchuan County, has local lockdowns in place.

Guangzhou is one of China’s biggest cities, and as cases of mutant variants have been detected, there have been some fears that it could see a large-scale outbreak, like those seen in the cities of Wuhan or Shijiazhuang.

However, huge vaccine uptake has helped China avoid a third wave – more than 800 million vaccine doses have now been administered across the country and recent media reports have suggested new patients have exhibited mild or no symptoms.

Even with triple-digit cases, tens of thousands of students have still been able to sit their university entrance exams in Guangzhou this week. This would have been unthinkable during earlier outbreaks – China’s approach to date has been to swiftly lock down communities and order mass testing drives, allowing people very little room for manoeuvre.

But vaccination uptake has helped China relax its Covid-19 regulations. Local governments have been increasingly finding safe ways for events to go ahead, rather than simply cancelling them.

It is still not clear how this latest outbreak began. Health officials in Guangzhou say the genetic sequencing of cases in the city show a 98% similarity, suggesting they are all linked to the same chain of transmission. A local health commission official tells the official CCTV broadcaster “more investigation is needed to identify patient zero”.

I see there are new agreed limits for spectators at football as part of the tier system. Can’t find the full details but 500 for Level Two and 1000 for level One. With the ‘exit wave’ underway are we going to have fans back at all at the start of next season?

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Fans can attend right now.  If you want crowds higher than that you have to apply to the relevant authorities.

To even get 500 in at tier one all standing you have to do several risk assessments and actually temperature check punters as they come through the door. Oh and you're advised to keep food kiosks closed. It's utter pish.  

We just don't know.

So are these shite limits only for all seated?

It's just the usual suspects in the media playing politics as usual.
We all know that if the SG did a u turn and banned the fan zone then the same mischief makers would have a big story on "outrage of scotland fans" or "hard working Scots being denied the right to support their team" etc, etc.
The bottom line is that outdoor gatherings are safe, the vaccines are working and life just simply, must go on !!

The usual suspect surely?Profile_-_Jabba_the_Hutt.jpg