Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

At some point in the future we might have to start hanging people like this.

These WHO, Sage/Indy sage, experts like the gruesome twosome are very dangerous people. Why they are getting to spout absolute outlier shit is beyond me. They’re just as bad as the heavy conspiracy theory lot, if not worse 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The correct segragation for society isnt vaccinated/not vaccinated. Its normal/Lovejoy.

That way, literally everyone gets what they want. Its also very easy to acjieve by simply saying, you are now responsible for your own protection. Government will no longer mandate anything, and will simply monitor and advise public health.

If you think fanzones/pubs/Soft plays/interactions with fellow humans are unsafe, simply exercise your right to avoid them.

Correct. Sadly folk seem to like having their life’s micromanaged for them. I hate the way certain people have became. My aunt for example was continually asking my mum when I was due the vaccine as she wasn’t wanting to see me before then, despite her and her husband being double dosed. When the hell did it become acceptable to ask people’s medical history like it’s every day conversation? People should take responsibility for their own actions and not care what others are or aren’t doing 

Vaccines won't be enough and we'll need to adapt our lifestyles - WHO special envoy 
Even after the release of coronavirus restrictions, people should continue to behave carefully - that's according to WHO special envoy on COVID-19 David Nabarro. 
Speaking to Sky News, he didn't oppose lifting restrictions on 21 June and said "life has to go on" but he warned the virus is "lurking and waiting to strike again". 
"I'm trying to really reiterate it can't be just about restrictions," he said. "The future for humanity is that we adapt our lifestyles so we make it hard for this virus to spread.
"We know that [the virus] is constantly changing which means that although vaccination is a marvellous asset, it's not going to be enough. We are going to have to continue to behave as though the virus is an ever-present threat."
He didn't offer too much detail on how people should be adapting their lifestyles, apart from encouraging everyone to keep wearing face masks. 
Donning a mask himself mid-interview, he said: "It's not a big thing to do." 

One thing which has really wound me up during this pandemic is the amount of people who speak about this virus as if it's some sort of intelligent super villain.

It's a virus like any other. It isn't waiting to see what society does next before heading back to its lair to come up with a master plan to trump us. Vaccines are kicking its arse and will continue to do so as more folk get jagged. This is coming to an end whether some of these so called "experts" like it or not.

Correct. Sadly folk seem to like having their life’s micromanaged for them. I hate the way certain people have became. My aunt for example was continually asking my mum when I was due the vaccine as she wasn’t wanting to see me before then, despite her and her husband being double dosed. When the hell did it become acceptable to ask people’s medical history like it’s every day conversation? People should take responsibility for their own actions and not care what others are or aren’t doing 
Its almost becoming like some sort of social game for folk where you cant catch the virus or you are scum. Forget whether or not abyone actually becomes ill, its all about avoiding a positive test result.

As I have went on about for some time now, people have intepreted for themselves a god given, at any cost right not to catch Covid 19.

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

One thing which has really wound me up during this pandemic is the amount of people who speak about this virus as if it's some sort of intelligent super villain.

It's a virus like any other. It isn't waiting to see what society does next before heading back to its lair to come up with a master plan to trump us. Vaccines are kicking its arse and will continue to do so as more folk get jagged. This is coming to an end whether some of these so called "experts" like it or not.

Yeah the daily commentators in the media are losing sight of the long game which is no restrictions and a return to life as it was pre pandemic. 

Vaccinate, avoid inundating hospitals and deaths. We're doing that very well at this point so get the restrictions all the way gone. The people most vulnerable to the virus are double dosed by now and they can always just choose to avoid settings where they are uncomfortable. 

I don't want that choice made for me, I know the risks. At some point most of us will contract the virus now, but for the majority symptoms will be minor or not even noticeable. The hard work is surely done.

4 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

The summer solstice is fucking class tbf - June and July when it's light until about 11pm is the best thing about living in Scotland.

Oh, yes. I have a really fond memory of watching Wishbone Ash headline the Loch Lomond festival, with a hot-air balloon drifting over the crowd, and the smell of campfire-smoke in the air - while it was still nigh-on daylight. No doubt the mushrooms helped - a wee bit psilocybin always improved the festival experience. 

20 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Yeah the daily commentators in the media are losing sight of the long game which is no restrictions and a return to life as it was pre pandemic. 

Vaccinate, avoid inundating hospitals and deaths. We're doing that very well at this point so get the restrictions all the way gone. The people most vulnerable to the virus are double dosed by now and they can always just choose to avoid settings where they are uncomfortable. 

I don't want that choice made for me, I know the risks. At some point most of us will contract the virus now, but for the majority symptoms will be minor or not even noticeable. The hard work is surely done.

Media commentators want the COVID gravy train to continue.

4 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Media commentators want the COVID gravy train to continue.

Theres a political agenda to some of it too where some people in media are clearly hoping June 21st is knocked back to show up the tories when this shouldnt be political this should be just done on whats best in the big picture and clearly opening up asap and doing whats needed to do that is whats best now

48 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw this on twitter earlier. Next spring? Get to fck. Someone should be asking why restrictions weren’t binned once the vulnerable and elderly were double dosed. Why exactly we need to wait another 9 months when vaccines are already being given to the 20/30 groups. I seriously don’t know the end game in all of this. Continually moving the goalposts, telling us vaccines were the route to freedom yet doubling down on that. Scunnering to think if it is “next spring” that will be 2 years of this shit 

50527C34-28E1-42D6-8C31-28C6469863E9.jpeg

Someone correct me if I’m wrong here please, but are Scottish emergency powers not tied to and granted per the UK emergency powers?

Eg - if the UK bins the emergency powers, the Scottish act is also over and the ability to enforce any devolved matter through them is lost.

1,011 new cases of COVID-19 reported

36,227 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

3.0% of these were positive

1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

14 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up by 2)

121 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (unchanged)

3,422,431 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,313,695 have received their second dose

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

1,011 new cases of COVID-19 reported

36,227 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

3.0% of these were positive

1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

14 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up by 2)

121 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19  (unchanged)

3,422,431 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,313,695 have received their second dose

thats some amount of tests tbf

hospitals holding steady at least

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

1011 new cases and only change to hospital numbers is ICU up 2. Link broken yet?

I think everyone hopes (and increasing believes it has been proved) that it has.

However, todays positive tests and todays ICU numbers have no bearing on each other, and to suggest they do is just wrong. 

Three weeks ago cases were at 333 average, two weeks ago it was 463 (up 1/3rd). Normally it's two weeks for the hospital numbers to reflect that - one week ago we were at 114 (10), now it's 121 (14). 

I listened to Linda Bauld on the radio this morning, and think The National is mis-reporting her. She was the one saying fanzones were safe as they were outdoors and people will by and large maintain some distancing. She joked that if things go Scotland's way people might start embracing each other and that has some risk, but she was really playing it all down. The National is some rag. 

I then made the mistake of listening to Radio Scotland at lunchtime. Even the story about the cruise ship - an interview with someone booked on the cruise now having to change her plans, and she was asked "how angry does it make you that your holiday plans have changed, given what is being allowed at the Fanzone" - everything they talked about, and the BBC reporters were shoehorning the fanzone in.

Sorry, the "controversial" fanzone.