Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Do you think that all the corporations, billionaires and governments pushing the Great Reset are at the wind up?

Here’s what I just don’t get about the Great Reset exaggeration conspiracies about population and UBI etc.

Why would the most wealthy and greedy people on the planet want less money in circulation and less people spending it?

45 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Circa 5000 positive tests in Scotland in the past week. Hospital numbers have increased by 15.

So if you catch COVID now you have a 0.3% chance of ending up in hospital. 

numbers in ICU have increased by 2. So your chance of ending up in ICU is 0.04%.

Enough now.

Absolutely open up the world. Build little bunkers for Devi and her pals to stay scared in forever. 

38 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
Circa 5000 positive tests in Scotland in the past week. Hospital numbers have increased by 15.

numbers in ICU have increased by 2. So your chance of ending up in ICU is 0.04%.
Enough now.

WAIT 2 WEEKS!!!!!!

We actually have this data already, look at hospitalisations amongst the communities in the shields etc where the outbreak was essentially started and we can see there hasnt been a massive surge in hospitalisations and deaths.

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Enough now.

You probably need to compare this weeks hospital admissions with the case numbers for a couple of weeks back (or this weeks new cases with admissions in a couple of weeks) for an accurate comparison but I'm sure it won't be much different % wise.

See above, this has already been looked at, Eid was almost a month ago with mass gatherings and the case rises etc and there has been no such massive increase in the scary stuff since. We would be seeing this by now.
Vaccines work, cigars out, open up and move on.

43 minutes ago, Detournement said:

No I think it will be used to justify keeping restrictions. 

New variant plus need for booster shots will be the next reason we are on the verge of a wave. 

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Interesting to see masking to be retained even after "full reopening" in schools and on public transport plus in most situations for the unvaccinated. That's totally unworkable !

Token measures that will go before long.

As Devi says here wait 2 weeks!!!!!!

I think we now know the person responsible for the Scottish govt being 2 weeks behind the UK gov on everything.

22 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Here’s what I just don’t get about the Great Reset exaggeration conspiracies about population and UBI etc.

Why would the most wealthy and greedy people on the planet want less money in circulation and less people spending it?

Your spending has no impact on their wealth. What they care about is how much of the economy they own and that governments deliver bail outs and QE if their wealth is ever threatened. The pandemic has seen the super rich get even richer and the big tech companies share of the economy has grown. What's good for Jeff Bezos/Amazon is bad for small business owners in your area.

As i mentioned earlier, got my first vaccine next month (11th). But I've since found out the community hospital in Haddington is allowing walk-ins for over 40s from this Saturday.  f**k waiting a month now.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

NW England is seeing some trends emerge..

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Wee trend, some ‘experts’ suggesting bad things happening, some ‘experts’ forecasting good outcomes too. Very clear from mortality, icu rates etc too that the vaccines and the fantastic treatment in hospitals is cigaring it all. 

Hugh Pym, or I think that’s his name was on BBC News tonight pointing out that although greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire were a hotspot and the govt was asking people to minimise travel and not interact much with people the vaccines were smoking the delta variant and the link is all but broken.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

As Devi says here wait 2 weeks!!!!!!

She can lick my nutsack. 

A 2 week delay will become a one month delay, and then we'll be into autumn restrictions which will lead into the winter lockdown. These people are mad extremists, trying to alter the way society lives, permanently. 

I've just been watching The Handsmaid's Tale. Gilead suddenly starts to seem like a real place. 

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I hope to f**k my only option for a drink is not a warm pint of Heineken! 

When I went to the Netherlands for the Women's Euro Championships I bought a pint of Heineken (cold admittedly) at half time during a game.

Turned out it was about 1% strength. 

(You also had to purchase a pre loaded card to buy things at the kiosk- I have a nice FC Utrecht card with 1 Euro still on it. Grr.)

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

She can lick my nutsack. 

A 2 week delay will become a one month delay, and then we'll be into autumn restrictions which will lead into the winter lockdown. These people are mad extremists, trying to alter the way society lives, permanently. 

I've just been watching The Handsmaid's Tale. Gilead suddenly starts to seem like a real place. 

Surely it’s better to have any “exit wave” in the summer when the schools are off and the weather is better.

Devi wants it to go tits up because she thinks the chance to say “I told you so” at the opportune moment will make more people want to buy her shitey book.