Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I hope to f**k my only option for a drink is not a warm pint of Heineken! 

A lot of the bigger beers and ciders are owned by Heineken (eg Moretti and Strongbow) so would expect at least some different options.

A lot of the bigger beers and ciders are owned by Heineken (eg Moretti and Strongbow) so would expect at least some different options.

Basically go to beerwulf and you’ll see the full range.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It feels to me like they’ve slowly changing their message.

Yup it’s sounding a lot more positive and pragmatic, I don’t want to give them too much praise cause I’ll end up looking like a fanny when the next 16 (145) day circuit breaker comes along but the SGs response has improved lately I’m feeling.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Be some night if they've got Gandolf on draft

I bought a keg of that of that to see what it was like. 

I had already had a few beers and a wee smoke. Was 2 hours late for work the next morning. 

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I bought a keg of that of that to see what it was like. 

I had already had a few beers and a wee smoke. Was 2 hours late for work the next morning. 

Rocket fuel but it isn't very good imo 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Their recovery spending has been incredible they also have far greater degree of devolution and a far more rebellious and sometimes mental population. Which means restrictions are eased so masks and social distancing have been chucked country wide for those with 2 jags but of course some states did this way earlier.

However their border controls still seem incredibly tough, especially if you want to leave North America and you can't have normality if large chunks of the world are inaccessible, imo.

However I would probably take the current restrictions in America over those imposed in Scotland.

You say that but theyre not even that strict on the borders just now, cruises to bahamas/mexico and the rest restarting next month, folks going on holiday to mexico etc already.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

'Five-day office week will become the norm again' - BBC News

Another odd piece from our impartial state broadcaster.

Whats the point of this article? Why is it there? There isn't actually a story to be told there, just a platform for various invested individuals to tell people why working at the office is best for them.........

That’s a Tory propaganda piece to get people in the mindset of going back to work full time.

Overall, the Scottish Government's messaging has been too negative and overly cautious for my liking but it now does seem to be shifting, slightly.  Although I haven't agreed with much of it, its also been relatively consistent.

Compare that to south of the border where they were first promising almost complete relaxation of rules come spring, then a relaxation and holidays for all come the summer, then the day of freedom on June 21st.  I  fully expect a delay to that.

2 hours ago, Aladdin said:

One zoomer talking to another.  The views of both can likely be punted into touch.

I'm no JHB fan, and I doubt there will be many on here, but she is right about precisely everything there.

Edited by Elixir

41 minutes ago, Left Back said:

BBC Now running the story about vaccine passports at Wembley.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57404223

Blair's interview on Sunday was obviously the beginning of the second stage of pushing the vaccine passport. 

I can see a third full lockdown in October quickly followed by an option to start using the vaccine passport to get society going again. 

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

"Ticket holders 11 or older who have been vaccinated" aye because there will be hundreds of them.

Also if they are doing that why do they need to have such a reduced capacity.

A fair question. If 2 doses + 14 days or a negative test is required to enter, the capacity should be 100%

Otherwise what was the point of the Liverpool nightclub test event?

Another obvious question our journalists don't ask...

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A fair question. If 2 doses + 14 days or a negative test is required to enter, the capacity should be 100%

Yeh utterly bizarre once again, although no doubt the "FIFA Family" sections will be mobbed as per usual.

Also anyone going to London might be worth taking a Covid test rather than trying to explain to the G4S people that Scotland has its own NHS administering the vaccines, all the proof of tests I've done have been sent back by gov.uk.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Otherwise what was the point of the Liverpool nightclub test event?

Exactly. Why are we placing those stipulations to enter somewhere with conditions already in place to mitigate the potential spread of the virus. Absolute nonsense being applied specifically to football for......... reasons

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Exactly. Why are we placing those stipulations to enter somewhere with conditions already in place to mitigate the potential spread of the virus. Absolute nonsense being applied specifically to football for......... reasons

It's obviously just to normalise the vaccine passport. 

When it's branded a success then it can be used to bring fans back to EPL matches. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's more the use of the word "test" that annoys me.

"test" and "excuse given to allow something otherwise banned to happen one time" are not synonymous