Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3rd hand rumours from someone who works in a pub but apparently Edinburgh might be going into Tier 3, no idea if they’re truthful or if it’s just chat based on our numbers.
I must say that I’m absolutely 100% sure everyone will not gather to watch Scotland at the Euros.

Not a chance anyone will be getting put back into tier 3. If they put Edinburgh in they have to put Glasgow, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire and Clackmannanshire In.

No chance they will do that unless there’s a super variant from Montserrat that eats the vaccine proteins.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's quite incredible that people like this old duffer exist.

What an absolute arsehole.

Lockdown forever 😂😂

People like him can quite gladly be a hermit and exist to read about project fear. Let the rest of us get on with life without having to listen  to their Lovejoy-esque whines 

Edited by Thereisalight..

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not the kid who is undergoing a test no. Everyone else should isolate if a positive test is confirmed. I dont really think blanket approaches of isolating everyone who has possibly been in contact with someone who may or may not have covid is a credible response.

Except that you just described this protocol  as 'reasonable' if given the evening before, which makes zero logical sense. The reason why they're taking that precaution is because they're waiting on a test result - announcing this at 8am makes more sense than doing so the evening before. 

I have no idea on what basis the parents of a child decided to get them tested. I dont think thats good enough for kids, or adults at this stage

Once again, you described the protocol itself as 'reasonable'. Make your mind up please. 

and will result in continued nonsense demands to isolate for all, not just the section of society that you apparently have a problem with.

Well no, it won't result in needless isolation in other sections of society because none of them have been given the free pass to ride a coach and horses through social distancing requirements to mitigate the potential risk. Parents can't on the one hand shriek for 'schools back to normal' in the middle of a pandemic, and then complain that wee Jayden has to sit in the house as a result of a suspected Covid case in an uncontrolled environment. That's the risk that you take. 

Not doing your credbility any favours being unable to stop grinding your axe with kids and parents as it undermines your otherwise more sensible positions of the diminishing need for any of this shit.

^^^ verge of tears

Edited by vikingTON

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Get that fucking daft old cunt in a nursing home.

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Lockdown forever 😂😂

People like him can quite gladly be a hermit and exist to read about project fear. Let the rest of us get on with life without having to listen  to their Lovejoy-esque whines 

I mean he freely admits during the interview that the entire basis of his viewpoint is that 'I'm alright, Jack'.

A complete waste of airtime.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean he freely admits during the interview that the entire basis of his viewpoint is that 'I'm alright, Jack'.

A complete waste of airtime.

A waste of airtime indeed. I dont know why we're continuing to give these howlers airtime. They're entitled to their view but keep it to yourself rather than adding more mileage to this farce 

24 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Not a chance anyone will be getting put back into tier 3. If they put Edinburgh in they have to put Glasgow, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire and Clackmannanshire In.

No chance they will do that unless there’s a super variant from Montserrat that eats the vaccine proteins.

I’m hoping that it was more the case that our numbers are now in the “Tier 3 threshold” rather than actual chat about it.

It comes from someone who works at a bar at a fairly decent sized chain of pubs (not Wetherspoons).

Fingers crossed its nout.

• 695 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 14,873 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results 
    • 5.0% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 
  • 12 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 121 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 3,403,866 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,282,203 have received their second dose

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

One zoomer talking to another.  The views of both can likely be punted into touch.

• 695 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 14,873 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 5.0% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 
  • 12 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 121 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

OHHH DEEAR past the magic 5% threshold, small number of tests for a monday tbf,

very modest increase in hospital numbers

nae deaths, aw fuckin weekend. 

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Sounds like the gov are telling the ‘lovejoys’ to bolt with regards to the fan zone.

Aye, but no spirits allowed to be served. Honestly it’s laughable how ridiculous it is.

Fill yer boots on pints, but a gin and tonic is off the menu. Absolute nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Banning songs.

Great stuff.

Can they ban Gerry Fucking Cinnamon while they're at it? 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Sounds like the gov are telling the ‘lovejoys’ to bolt with regards to the fan zone.

It’s the same old heavily caveated naughty step pish though, if you behave yourselves then the fanzone might stay etc.

Not a sustainable attitude for when stadia reopen.