Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I had my first dose of AZ in April, so have been checking the NHS website to see if my next appointment had come up. It was there at the start of last week but didn't suit, so I changed it to a date, time and venue that did suit.

Rechecked it today, I now have 2 appointments for my second dose. emoji85.png

Take them both and get triple dosed IMO.

If this fanzone was for the rugby world cup there wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of uproar. Middle-class arsewipes who have never been to a pub or game of football in their life absolutely seething at the stuff working-class folk do for fun

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If this fanzone was for the rugby world cup there wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of uproar. Middle-class arsewipes who have never been to a pub or game of football in their life absolutely seething at the stuff working-class folk do for fun

Most working-class folk won't be going to some shan, sanitised event in the middle of a park either tbh, they'll be in their local pub or having their mates around and getting wasted.

Headline: ah shit, that's not good. 
Oh, wait, its not SAGE at all then; it's that Independent SAGE lot again. Why is a pressure group being given equal billing here by our national broadcaster? 
Screenshot_20210607_101806_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3e2dc64b6cec41a842b0498079846a6b.jpg
I notice he doesn't say what percentage of the hospitalisations had been fully vaccinated. It'll be a damn sight less than 1 in 25.

11 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

However pubs are open 'til 11pm so I cant see 8pm kick offs going on that long even with penalties

They need to have everyone off the premises at half 10 in tier 2, which means last orders/chucking out time is around 9:45. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

They need to have everyone off the premises at half 10 in tier 2, which means last orders/chucking out time is around 9:45. 

ah sorry forgot that some of Scotland is still in level 2.  However surely "everyone off premises" and "chucking out time" would both be 10.30pm in these areas.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

However pubs are open 'til 11pm so I cant see 8pm kick offs going on that long even with penalties

Not in tier 2 areas they’re not.

Making pubs shut early seems like one of the most pointless rules in place. I could at least understand the logic (even if it was in all likelihood still nonsense) when people were theoretically not allowed into others’ houses. 

But what is the point in kicking people out at 10.30 (creating bottlenecks that otherwise wouldn’t exist for things like exits, taxis and kebab shops) when you can just head over to a mate’s house anyway? 

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not in tier 2 areas they’re not.

Making pubs shut early seems like one of the most pointless rules in place. I could at least understand the logic (even if it was in all likelihood still nonsense) when people were theoretically not allowed into others’ houses. 

But what is the point in kicking people out at 10.30 (creating bottlenecks that otherwise wouldn’t exist for things like exits, taxis and kebab shops) when you can just head over to a mate’s house anyway? 

The rules about closing early are to stop people getting too drunk and end up breaching guidelines.  It is impossible to get drunk by 10:30pm.

Guest Bob Mahelp
27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Reports in the Times that the June 21st English deadline is going to be delayed by two weeks.

That'll give the Scottish government the excuse they need to cancel the fanzone and extend restrictions.

We're never going to escape from this, are we ?

On 06/06/2021 at 12:05, Andy_K_97 said:

Had my second dose of AZ just before ten this morning. A scoosh compared to the first dose, no side-effects just yet. Can't wait to get back to licking people's faces again.

Update: felt a bit achey like the start of a flu around 9PM yesterday, had a bit of a rubbish unsettled sleep and just felt like I had a hangover this morning. Nothing a few ibuprofen couldn't get rid of and I was fine by midday or thereabouts. Basically very similar to my first dose but with less-strong side-effects. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll be grand. Wouldn't mind some things like keeping a reasonable distance from people in shops etc and masks getting worn in shops but at the same time I also want to get sweaty gigs in small venues back - is that normal?

There is zero chance that the restrictions will be lifted two weeks later if they are indeed delayed.

We'll have another round of we're in a delicate position and we just don't know  type mewling and that prat Hancock will throw a dart at the map and invent another variant. We'll then have another two week delay where, shock horror, we repeat the same cycle we've been through twenty times already. 

Meanwhile we will just ignore the impact the vaccines continue to have in the most vaccinated country in Europe. It is time to face this one down. 

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The rules about closing early are to stop people getting too drunk and end up breaching guidelines.  It is impossible to get drunk by 10:30pm.

Went out on the day the pubs opened indoors.  First pint at 10am.  I was more than drunk by 10:30pm.  Mid afternoon I was well gone if truth be told. Guidelines were ignored all day.  Me and all my mates came through the experience fine.  Guess we must have got lucky.