Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Aye, there's a decent amount of work still going on. I live right next to the green and was out about an hour ago. The fence round the area is a fair bit back from where folk will be so the photos are a bit useless, but there's already 3 massive screens up and all the tables were being put out as I went past. Lots of signs etc all up. As I said earlier, if they're going to shit the bed its going to be about the booze rather than anything else. Which would be stupid for a multitude of reasons, not least of all because I'd imagine a lot of folk like myself who have tickets will patch it if I can't get a beer. 

4 minutes ago, resk said:

Aye classic vox pop.  "It's a disgrace that [thing] is allowed to happen because [something completely unrelated] isn't allowed".  

They aren’t moaning about things that aren’t allowed.  They’re moaning about things they’re allowed to do that are far more important than football.

Having made plans around the fanzone, to then make alternative plans after the tickets were resold to then cancelling the alternative plans after getting tickets, I’ll be fucking fuming if it’s cancelled/made a dry event. 

49 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Does anyone else think they will cancel the fan zone for Glasgow tomorrow? 

Hopefully this is as accurate as your repeated suggestions last week that we would all be plunged into Level 3.

Glasgow Life need the fanzone to go ahead and need to be able to sell alcohol. They are completely skint, cutting local services and already begging for government handouts.

Essentially the same thing is happening on a smaller scale at SWG3 with Open Goal for the entire tournament with about 250-300 people per game in a space a fraction of the size of the fenced off part of the Green and we don't have Linda Bauld on the TV demanding everyone going there is tested.

See all these helen lovejoy types going ‘aye they’ll allow fan zones but i cant see the wean graduate nursery’ they can genuinely all go take a f**k to themselves. Its not like football fans are sticking a gun to the governments head and demanding nursery graduations are cancelled so fan zones can go ahead. Utter madness from these folks. People throughout this entire pandemic have been playing one thing off against the other instead of putting criticism at the feet of the government who have fucked this from the start. 
Also, apparently wales will have everyone first dosed from end of June or something magnificent like that, Drakeford may lack a chin, but he’s got a big pair. Why don’t we have this going considering vaccines are allocated per population? 

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I spoke to someone high up in the NHS and they said covid is fake and then they said they saw a unicorn last week and then I asked them if I was smart and handsome and they said yes.

Any word on what injuries necessitate the use of sirens in an ambulance?

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Drakeford may lack a chin, but he’s got a big pair. Why don’t we have this going considering vaccines are allocated per population? 

They've just gone big on the first doses, Scotland and England have started closing the gap a bit on them. 

Wales is however screwed if there's supply delays for their second dosesand they'll breach the 12 week period. That picture may start to improve, given their rates have slown down a bit, right enough. 

27 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See all these helen lovejoy types going ‘aye they’ll allow fan zones but i cant see the wean graduate nursery’ they can genuinely all go take a f**k to themselves. Its not like football fans are sticking a gun to the governments head and demanding nursery graduations are cancelled so fan zones can go ahead. Utter madness from these folks. People throughout this entire pandemic have been playing one thing off against the other instead of putting criticism at the feet of the government who have fucked this from the start. 
Also, apparently wales will have everyone first dosed from end of June or something magnificent like that, Drakeford may lack a chin, but he’s got a big pair. Why don’t we have this going considering vaccines are allocated per population? 

He should ask the IT consultant boy from earlier for a shot of one of his.

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I spoke to someone high up in the NHS and they said covid is fake and then they said they saw a unicorn last week and then I asked them if I was smart and handsome and they said yes.

^^^ spoke to someone in FVRH IMO

38 people tested positive after visiting a snooker club in Kirkcaldy last Saturday.

Willing to bet this place will be fully booked for plenty of the Euros fixtures. Far safer packing them in there than a nice, open, very distanced park right?

I know I shouldn’t be, but I’m genuinely surprised at the amount of coverage this is getting. Media are absolutely desperate for it to get canned

Edited by Paco

Just got my first dose up at Ravenscraig. The queue was massive but I have to say the organisation was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful. 

If most vaccination centres are that busy at 7 o’clock at night, we should be not be too far off in the next three to four months. Great stuff.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

38 people tested positive after visiting a snooker club in Kirkcaldy last Saturday.

Willing to bet this place will be fully booked for plenty of the Euros fixtures. Far safer packing them in there than a nice, open, very distanced park right?

I know I shouldn’t be, but I’m genuinely surprised at the amount of coverage this is getting. Media are absolutely desperate for it to get canned
It's utterly despicable stuff. A total hornets nest that they have managed to provoke. Thing is if the SG do call it off or even make it booze free you can guarantee the headlines will be WEAK SNP IN LAST DITCH U-TURN yet they still set themselves up for it. They are their own worst enemy, a rebuke today by doubling down on their line of the last 3 weeks that it was safe and would go ahead would have nipped this in the bud. It certainly wasn't helped today by the Labour and Tory MSPs backing the "just too risky" line on STV tonight. Not a cheep out of them until they saw there was a bandwagon to jump on to.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
39 minutes ago, Paco said:

It's utterly despicable stuff. A total hornets nest that they have managed to provoke. Thing is if the SG do call it off or even make it booze free you can guarantee the headlines will be WEAK SNP IN LAST DITCH U-TURN yet they still set themselves up for it. They are their own worst enemy, a rebuke today by doubling down on their line of the last 3 weeks that it was safe and would go ahead would have nipped this in the bud. It certainly wasn't helped today by the Labour and Tory MSPs backing the "just too risky" line on STV tonight. Not a cheep out of them until they saw there was a bandwagon to jump on to.

Yeah it's the Scottish Government I feel sorry for in all of this.

Simpin ain't easy! 

The tweet from Sky about the boy with ‘no underlying health conditions’ has over 300 replies and nearly every one of them is saying exactly what we’re saying about it.