Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Are you seriously suggesting we're not going to end up going the same way as Israel once we reach their level of coverage? Denmark are also leading the way with regards a return to full pre-pandemic normal life.
Given our government and the current "wave" Israel didn't have then probably.

The question I find difficult to reconcile is why, being part of a liberal democracy, most of us are just so compliant?
I could understand it if we were living in China or North Korea but here in Scotland, the UK, it really is just so depressing how the vast majority of our citizenry go along with all the diktats from on high.
Okay, to get into most shops, you need a mask but to see people walking about in the open air in a muzzled state is like watching zombies in some sci-fi film.
Dreadful.
You start the rebellion then . No idea where you are out and about but virtually no one is wearing masks outside here in the C19 capital of Scotland.

2 hours ago, Elric said:

and drinkers and anyone who enjoys themselves.  Egotistic, megalomaniac b*****ds.

BBC ran article just after the election, about Kate Forbes reconciling her faith with political life. As the puritanical "wee frees" seem to be running the show now, not that much of a conflict.

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Not at all surprising news. Hancock has been close to the WEF for years giving speeches on "The Fourth Industrial Revolution" since 2017. Gove is connected to same oligarch network as Blair. 

Sit the f**k down.

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I feel I've done my bit to help restart the economy this weekend by spending money in Tayside,Fife,West Lothian, Edinburgh and Forth Valley.

The highlight being some fantastic pints of ice cold Cobra at my local Indian and a visit to the discovery ship.

Cheers everyone.  Get the shitty punitive restrictions in the bin and tell the Puritans to f**k off.

Alright Rockefeller.

39 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I feel I've done my bit to help restart the economy this weekend by spending money in Tayside,Fife,West Lothian, Edinburgh and Forth Valley.

The highlight being some fantastic pints of ice cold Cobra at my local Indian and a visit to the discovery ship.

Cheers everyone.  Get the shitty punitive restrictions in the bin and tell the Puritans to f**k off.

As a mod you might be able to help.

Is there any way to give the  quoted post more than one green?

Guest Bob Mahelp
31 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My pal got his vaccine letter yesterday.

He’s getting his next Monday at 2pm bang on kick off.

He doesn't have to go bang on time.  I turned up 3 hours early for my 2nd jab last week (simply because I was walking past the vaccination centre), and they never even asked what time I was due at. 

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Football and football fans are sneered at but I suppose if there's actually a concern with "queuing" then that'll apply across all sports. We'll soon find out.

Could you buy food and drink at the SPFL play-offs?

My mate was at the Killie v Dundee game and there was no kiosks open there  

Glasgow Live posted about the covid numbers earlier and the comments are ludicrous. The Lovejoy types saying we'll be back in lockdown due to the Euros and blaming Rangers fans for this despite the fact the "Indian varient" was already here by then. It truly astounds me how many folk on these pages are actively wanting another lockdown and to live with restrictions. Just why would you? 

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Glasgow Live posted about the covid numbers earlier and the comments are ludicrous. The Lovejoy types saying we'll be back in lockdown due to the Euros and blaming Rangers fans for this despite the fact the "Indian varient" was already here by then. It truly astounds me how many folk on these pages are actively wanting another lockdown and to live with restrictions. Just why would you? 

Because you have little too no life.  Restrictions don't affect you, you can send the kids to school and have coffee meets with your equally boring friends.    Football matches, gigs, full pubs... these are unimportant things that the underclass do, might as well ban these forever. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Because you have little too no life.  Restrictions don't affect you, you can send the kids to school and have coffee meets with your equally boring friends.    Football matches, gigs, full pubs... these are unimportant things that the underclass do, might as well ban these forever. 

This may be part of it but I suspect it’s also down to the government messaging of the last 15 or so months that if you so much as look at anyone outside your house you’ll kill their family and your own.

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

This may be part of it but I suspect it’s also down to the government messaging of the last 15 or so months that if you so much as look at anyone outside your house you’ll kill their family and your own.

IMO its the main factor,  But your point does ring true in some circumstances.  A family friend wont even visit her own daughter even tho she is double vaxed,   she is too worried that her son in law being out working will bring home a bad variant. It is desperately sad to see.