Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

These people are actually fucking sinister.

They hate everything that involves anyone potentially enjoying themselves.

'Alcohol inhibition' for fucks sake.

Im not a drinker, but for me, the safest possible way to encourage sensible drinking is to actually allow it in grounds. Would encourage moderation and tbf we’re talking about a few pints of lager, hardly selling hard liquor or anything. 
also lets clubs get a wee bit of revenue, you could even do it on the basis that the money has to be used to fund youth football or facilities etc and everyone wins?

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We are about 2 weeks max from it being time none of these opinions make it to print/websites, since hospital data will presumably totally contradict them.

Moray should have already seen large numbers hospitalised if it was coming, and surely if Glasgow Southside shouldnt have already based on the assumed time of infection to detection to hospitilasation, it must be imminent?

If all that happens despite the DeLtA vArIaNt!!!! Being more transmissible by 40% is a few unvaxxed folks make it to a hospital bed then its high time that we moved on from being hopeful that the link might be being broken to, we have clear real world proof of it.

We are very close to or just slightly beyond the point that people from the outbreaks in the southside of Glasgow etc would start hitting ICU etc. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly hope the fanzone just goes fucking tonto, distancing, tables, the whole lot abandoned and it turns into a proper one. Im sure plenty in the media would whine and moan about it, it would just be glorious to witness.

It absolutely will.

There's zero fucking chance a Scotland winner v England doesn't cause complete carnage, on both sides of the border.

No, it’s staggered entrance times from what I heard. Places like Killie did the same during the play off games and they were strict and wouldn’t let fans in until their designated time slot. Unsure what would happen if someone rocked up at 1.30pm when their time slot was say 12.30 
UEFA have confirmed it's merely guidance. A guy posted an emailed response on the tickets thread.

UEFA have confirmed it's merely guidance. A guy posted an emailed response on the tickets thread.
If I had a ticket, UEFA confirming it as guidance wouldnt neccesarily allay my fears of a series of jobsworth wanks at Hampden making it difficult for me tbh.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly hope the fanzone just goes fucking tonto, distancing, tables, the whole lot abandoned and it turns into a proper one. Im sure plenty in the media would whine and moan about it, it would just be glorious to witness.

These SG advisors have a issue with people enjoying theirselves :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

She's another absolute killjoy melt.

The problem with these people and a lot of politicians is that they live in their little political and academic bubbles.

They don't understand the people they represent, they don't live a life like the majority of their constituents.  They just don't understand what makes mr average tick I.e sport, entertainment, pubs, real life.

It's all about politics, academica and their limited life experiences for those types.

I never want to hear from these people ever again after this.  Please fade back into obscurity and let people live a real life.

Agreed she’s bad but not in the same league as that Devi Sridhar woman. You can just see the pleasure  in her smirking smile when she doles out the bad news.

Fan zones should be scrapped, get down your local and give them all your money rather than some "events company" charging at least £5 a pint.

Edited by 101

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
38 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
No, it’s staggered entrance times from what I heard. Places like Killie did the same during the play off games and they were strict and wouldn’t let fans in until their designated time slot. Unsure what would happen if someone rocked up at 1.30pm when their time slot was say 12.30 

I’d trust UEFA on this, but they don’t have the power trip that JL and the SG have over football fans. Bairnardo is right when he says this

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

If I had a ticket, UEFA confirming it as guidance wouldnt neccesarily allay my fears of a series of jobsworth wanks at Hampden making it difficult for me tbh.

G4S at Hampden are notoriously nit picking kunts at the best of times. I can imagine how jumped up a lot of them will be about ticket times

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d trust UEFA on this, but they don’t have the power trip that JL and the SG have over football fans. Bairnardo is right when he says this

G4S at Hampden are notoriously nit picking kunts at the best of times. I can imagine how jumped up a lot of them will be about ticket times

A g4s steward tried to tell my dad (who uses a mobility scooter) that he wasnt allowed to take it into his vaccination appointment in the hydro. They are genuinely awful people. Naturally we went right past her screeching into a radio for a ‘supervisor’ and got my dad his vaccination. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There will be people there enployed specifically to enforce covid bullshit. 

If they are a cock to you and you say, "but UEFA said...." Im not sure that will ultimately get you anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

A g4s steward tried to tell my dad (who uses a mobility scooter) that he wasnt allowed to take it into his vaccination appointment in the hydro. They are genuinely awful people. Naturally we went right past her screeching into a radio for a ‘supervisor’ and got my dad his vaccination. 

It's frustrating, but they aren't recruited from Sunday Times adverts. They'll have capacity to remember and implement the basics. Discretion is not encouraged, even if they had the common sense.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I remember before the League Cup semi final against Rangers the Hampden stewards found a satsuma in my pocket during a patdown search. The overreaction from them was absolutely laughable.

Hope they called you an *********** 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Blair all over the media again talking about digital ID and vaccine apartheid.

Blair really needs to shut the fck up about this. The man should be in jail or media oblivion, not being wheeled out to talk about the massive stiffy he has for covid passports. Utter p***k 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There will be people there enployed specifically to enforce covid bullshit. 

If they are a cock to you and you say, "but UEFA said...." Im not sure that will ultimately get you anywhere. 

Job title fun prevention officer.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's frustrating, but they aren't recruited from Sunday Times adverts. They'll have capacity to remember and implement the basics. Discretion is not encouraged, even if they had the common sense.

I know but would they try and stop a wheelchair? Best ignored. 

Its criminal if fans aren't allowed back until 2022. The virus is over as a serious health concern. If 200 folk arent getting in to see Albion Rovers or Stranraer then they (the clubs) should be taking the Government to court 

Fans have been allowed in grounds since late May - most clubs had some in the play-offs, and loads of non-league clubs have been playing friendlies in front of fans over the last few weeks.

With the exception of Falkirk, every club outside the top two tiers are already right now able to allow in close to a "normal" crowd, and we're still over a month away from the season starting.

The only way Stranraer and Albion Rovers won't be allowing "200 folk" in would be if we go back up the levels, which seems unlikely to me despite the slow route out of restrictions.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Elixir said:
I'm not really talking about civil disobedience, that's already happening more now, but simply the coveted 'data' they groan on about will be crushed, as is the case in Israel, and they will finally be forced to relent.

They are showing zero sign of a pivot to that position here and very little push back to force that change.

Are you seriously suggesting we're not going to end up going the same way as Israel once we reach their level of coverage? Denmark are also leading the way with regards a return to full pre-pandemic normal life.