Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Drakeford appears to be the only one switched on about this. Think the other day he was saying that while he reckons SD may be part of out lives until at least the end of this year, the question is when it will change from mandatory to just advice.
Perhaps this is what Hancock means as well - he's a dreadful communicator.

Dreadful communication certainly one of his many faults. He’s telling us today that the link between cases and hospitalisation is “severed but not broken”. Severed meaning to break or separate.

At this stage I don't care what any of these loser politicians say to waffle through interviews and appease the Lovejoy's. Once the vaxx filters through to all age groups, then like has happened in Israel, it all becomes irrelevant.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Was just coming on to post that. Surely not providing food and drink facilities for a sporting event breaks health and safety laws?

Even if it does, the solution won’t be “fine, catering is allowed”, it’ll be “well, we can’t have fans anymore”. 

That’s the stage we’ve reached. 

I was at the cinema for the first time since restrictions eased. I can't see how they are going to make much money. The ticket was £4.50 and you could only book a seat at the end of each aisle every second row. 

Good to see everyone ditch their masks as soon as they sat down despite a warning on the screen every minute before the film telling you to keep them on.

At this stage I don't care what any of these loser politicians say to waffle through interviews and appease the Lovejoy's. Once the vaxx filters through to all age groups, then like has happened in Israel, it all becomes irrelevant.
Even at that stage these are the folk still pulling the strings unfortunately. We can all say f**k it and ignore restrictions as far as possible but stuff like travel simply isn't possible until they relax those rules. Ditto shite like no standing / table service in pubs. Very few licensees will risk their livelihood by ignoring whatever restrictions remain. Nightclubs etc still can't reopen without their say so. Sports attendance is still restricted until SD gets binned. These are the guys controlling all that unfortunately. Folk can shout civil disobedience as loud as they like, it's the UK it simply won't happen.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Even at that stage these are the folk still pulling the strings unfortunately. We can all say f**k it and ignore restrictions as far as possible but stuff like travel simply isn't possible until they relax those rules. Ditto shite like no standing / table service in pubs. Very few licensees will risk their livelihood by ignoring whatever restrictions remain. Nightclubs etc still can't reopen without their say so. Sports attendance is still restricted until SD gets binned. These are the guys controlling all that unfortunately. Folk can shout civil disobedience as loud as they like, it's the UK it simply won't happen.

I'm not really talking about civil disobedience, that's already happening more now, but simply the coveted 'data' they groan on about will be crushed, as is the case in Israel, and they will finally be forced to relent.

I'm not really talking about civil disobedience, that's already happening more now, but simply the coveted 'data' they groan on about will be crushed, as is the case in Israel, and they will finally be forced to relent.
They are showing zero sign of a pivot to that position here and very little push back to force that change.

A walk up vaccination centre set up in Troon today. No appointments no age restrictions but aimed primarilyat unders 30s (presumably Pfizer being given). Was due to open at 9.00 but by 8.00 the police had been called due to gridlock in the town. Son went at 7.30 and his estimated wait time is 2 and a half hours from opening. He says the are at least 3x the people now behind him than in front. This is I suppose positive but people standing in blazing sun with no obvious attempt to provide water or shade seems like a recipe for real issues as the day goes on. The other eye opener seems to be how far folk have traveled to get there. People from all over the West of Scotland apparently.
Update, jagged at 11.05 so 3 and a half hours take pre opening into account

35 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Blair all over the media again talking about digital ID and vaccine apartheid.

I'm at a bit of a loss here, why is Tony Blair being wheeled out to talk on it - or has this been the case from the beginning? 

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

The entry times are only a guideline, there's no fucking way I'm going into Hampden at 11am for the Czech Republic game.

No, it’s staggered entrance times from what I heard. Places like Killie did the same during the play off games and they were strict and wouldn’t let fans in until their designated time slot. Unsure what would happen if someone rocked up at 1.30pm when their time slot was say 12.30 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19353166.health-expert-backs-testing-euro-fanzone-amid-covid-fears/
ONE of Scotland’s leading public health experts has said she is “worried” about the Covid risks of the Euro 2020 fanzone in Glasgow, especially without mandatory testing.
Professor Linda Bauld warned that, despite lots of outdoor seating, “alcohol inhibition” and fans' excitement, meant there would inevitably be close contact, risking coronavirus spread.

Yep we must not encourage these pesky ''escape mutants'' to spread due to people getting carried away.

We are about 2 weeks max from it being time none of these opinions make it to print/websites, since hospital data will presumably totally contradict them.

Moray should have already seen large numbers hospitalised if it was coming, and surely if Glasgow Southside shouldnt have already based on the assumed time of infection to detection to hospitilasation, it must be imminent?

If all that happens despite the DeLtA vArIaNt!!!! Being more transmissible by 40% is a few unvaxxed folks make it to a hospital bed then its high time that we moved on from being hopeful that the link might be being broken to, we have clear real world proof of it.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

'We want control of your emotions as well as your decisions'.

Picture next season's football season with the Tokyo Olympics being the model on crowd behaviour, cheering and shouting banned, polite clapping please.

I know, hasn't happened yet why be concerned?

Meanwhile there are live music events every Sunday with loud singing indoors.

The Proclaimers' 'I'm Gonna Be' banned at Euro 2020 fan zone over 'excitement fears'

Organisers of the Glasgow Green event have given the iconic tune the red card in case supporters end up flouting strict social distancing rules while partying.

Fans watching Scotland at the Euros will be banned from hearing the Tartan Army’s favourite song I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) because of fears they will get too excited.

The Proclaimers hit is understood to be one of a number of DJ playlist tunes given the red card by organisers of the Glasgow Green event because of Covid rules.

And it’s not just songs – anyone hoping to play the bagpipes at the ticketed event will be sent off. As well as being a seated event, those going are also being encouraged to have Covid tests.

The Fan Zone at Glasgow Green is due to open on Friday for 31 days with Scotland’s first game against the Czech Republic on Monday.

The team celebrated their place in the tournament by dancing around to 1970s disco hit Yes Sir, I Can Boogie, which has now become another fans anthem.

Paul Goodwin, of the Scottish Football Supporters Association, said: “Scotland might have been catapulted to the tournament on the back of ‘Yes Sir, I Can Boogie’ but it seems to be turning into ‘No Sir, you can’t party.

cont -  https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tartan-army-hit-proclaimers-im-24258082

btw I never thought this Hamish Husband actually existed, does he post on here?

And do bagpipes really spread viruses?????

UEFA rules have banned bagpipes from the games over fears they could help spread the virus, and have said no one can enter venues with “any devices” that make a sound.

Last year, Scottish authorities were thought to be the only in the world to ban background music in pubs after fears it could help spread coronavirus.

Professor Jason Leitch said First Minister Nicola Sturgeon would make the final call by the start of the week.

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland’s Off The Ball programme, the National Clinical Director stressed a decision was still to be made on giving the Fan Zone the nod.

He said: “We hoped Glasgow would be in Level 1 by now. It will be up to First Minister and the cabinet to decide.

“(The fan zone) is a safe as we can make an area. It will have table service and no standing at a bar. The question is whether that is safe enough. The First Minister will make a choice over this weekend.”

The Fan Zone will have a capacity for 3,000 people, with afternoon and evening sessions. It has been billed as “covid secure’ and will allow “Scotland fans and visitors alike to connect with and celebrate the tournament.”

I’ve never been to a fanzone but they always strike me as sanitised commercial pish. This one sounds even more hideous. Silver lining being no bagpipes though 

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19353166.health-expert-backs-testing-euro-fanzone-amid-covid-fears/

ONE of Scotland’s leading public health experts has said she is “worried” about the Covid risks of the Euro 2020 fanzone in Glasgow, especially without mandatory testing.

Professor Linda Bauld warned that, despite lots of outdoor seating, “alcohol inhibition” and fans' excitement, meant there would inevitably be close contact, risking coronavirus spread.

Yep we must not encourage these pesky ''escape mutants'' to spread due to people getting carried away.

Oh for the days when these melts were only heard from to moan about people taking in cake to offices or demanding more taxes on unhealthy food. 

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

These people are actually fucking sinister.

They hate everything that involves anyone potentially enjoying themselves.

'Alcohol inhibition' for fucks sake.

I honestly hope the fanzone just goes fucking tonto, distancing, tables, the whole lot abandoned and it turns into a proper one. Im sure plenty in the media would whine and moan about it, it would just be glorious to witness.