Coronavirus (COVID-19)

https://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/2021/06/05/meeting-3-with-glasgow-host-city-stakeholders-03-06-2021/
Can't actually work out who has made this decision.
And UEFA will have a fan shop - but that's perfectly all right.....
Reading that the decision is not final / set in stone. I expect this will be overturned before the first game.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
Arrive 2 hours before kick off, 1½ hours for the game, half time, up to 2 hours to get out.
7 might be a stretch, but 6 less so.
Then straight to Mt. Florida and then a train where, somehow, social distancing (impossible at a pie stall in a huge concourse) can definitely be guaranteed.
Why are we still nodding along to this shite?

There is no such thing as a "departure slot". It's anticipated the stadium will be cleared within 15-30m of full time. UEFA have also confirmed (written email response posted on the TA thread) that the entry slots are advisory and not enforceable. No one will be sticking to any of this. People will not be inside Hampden for more than 2 hours or so unless they choose to do so.

This is fair enough.  I'm not sure the pie stalls being shut should really trigger such a meltdown.  Two/three hours without food is manageable for most people I reckon.  I've been to Hampden maybe 30-40 times at a rough guess and I think I've bought food or drink there maybe five times.       

I wonder how much of the covid approach is driven by the "90 minute bigots" rhetoric which has been used as a defence for decades? There really seems to be an attitude among politicians that normal members of the public cannot be trusted at football, even down to things as simple as queuing which we were trusted to do even under the most severe restrictions. It's not a sport thing either since alcohol is allowed at ice hockey or rugby in regular times. 

That's the big screens up on Glasgow Green. No way those will have been erected if it wasn't happening no matter what shite Leitch might be spouting.

I suspect he is starting to display traits indicating that the SG are starting to take decisions AGAINST the "experts " advice. That is nothing but good news.

First post-Covid wedding yesterday. Venue delightfully relaxed, basically no masks worn other than by staff, the whole ‘table service only, no mingling with other guests’ policy completely ignored after about 5 minutes. People sharing hipflasks again which was pleasingly normal. Only 1 proper Lovejoy who kept talking about distancing and wearing a mask even outside, but completely ignored by everyone including staff. Lovely.

After venue officially shut at 11, just forces large groups of people to go back to a small room with no ventilation instead. How the government can’t see that these policies actually encourage better conditions for spread of the virus I don’t know. Maybe they do know but just enjoy the control.

It would appear that the MLM idiots on my Facebook have all been offered A vaccine and are declining it stating their juice plus tablets not only help weight loss but help fight Covid.

Absolute fucking weapons.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's the big screens up on Glasgow Green. No way those will have been erected if it wasn't happening no matter what shite Leitch might be spouting.

I suspect he is starting to display traits indicating that the SG are starting to take decisions AGAINST the "experts " advice. That is nothing but good news.

Would be good news as you say if they are now going with the opposite of his advice. Going on his track record thus far, if they do that we’ll have the pandemic over and back to normality within a week.

First post-Covid wedding yesterday. Venue delightfully relaxed, basically no masks worn other than by staff, the whole ‘table service only, no mingling with other guests’ policy completely ignored after about 5 minutes. People sharing hipflasks again which was pleasingly normal. Only 1 proper Lovejoy who kept talking about distancing and wearing a mask even outside, but completely ignored by everyone including staff. Lovely.
After venue officially shut at 11, just forces large groups of people to go back to a small room with no ventilation instead. How the government can’t see that these policies actually encourage better conditions for spread of the virus I don’t know. Maybe they do know but just enjoy the control.
My son was piping at a wedding yesterday despite that being "banned" officially.

Would be good news as you say if they are now going with the opposite of his advice. Going on his track record thus far, if they do that we’ll have the pandemic over and back to normality within a week.
Not a chance Glasgow Life would have hired and erected those screens without knowing it was going ahead despite the Leitch reservations. He also has started pointing out in every media appearance that whatever advice he gives ultimately the decisions made are those of the SG and FM. Trying to distance himself a bit from outcomes.

Hancock this morning giving it that they havent yet set out social distancing after step 4 of the roadmap, which iirc is June 21st, all restrictions gone.

Get to f**k greaseball. These clowns really dont think SD is a restriction, do they?

Hancock this morning giving it that they havent yet set out social distancing after step 4 of the roadmap, which iirc is June 21st, all restrictions gone.

Get to f**k greaseball. These clowns really dont think SD is a restriction, do they?
Ditto the travel restrictions.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Drakeford appears to be the only one switched on about this. Think the other day he was saying that while he reckons SD may be part of out lives until at least the end of this year, the question is when it will change from mandatory to just advice.

Perhaps this is what Hancock means as well - he's a dreadful communicator.

Drakeford appears to be the only one switched on about this. Think the other day he was saying that while he reckons SD may be part of out lives until at least the end of this year, the question is when it will change from mandatory to just advice.
Perhaps this is what Hancock means as well - he's a dreadful communicator.
He seemed pretty clear as he was pressed on it. 21 June or whatever date they push back to would not necessarily be the date that the outcomes of the 4 "reviews" come into force. He named 3 as home working, Social distancing and travel, no idea what the 4th is. Basically "freedom day" looks like nothing of the sort as it stands it these 3 issues are not regarded as part of our "freedoms".

I wonder how much of the covid approach is driven by the "90 minute bigots" rhetoric which has been used as a defence for decades? There really seems to be an attitude among politicians that normal members of the public cannot be trusted at football, even down to things as simple as queuing which we were trusted to do even under the most severe restrictions. It's not a sport thing either since alcohol is allowed at ice hockey or rugby in regular times. 

I got fined for drinking in the street at the 2009 cup final, there was no disturbance everyone was getting along just fine, it was one of those “ everyone was doing it but you’re the one who got caught “ scenarios
As they were taking my details and giving me my ticket, i was still in quite a jovial mood , one older cop started going fuckin mental at me as if i was the scum of the earth and how i had to sharpen up my attitude etc etc
After he fucked off the 2 other , sounder guys said to me “ careful with guys like him, they can take a daft wee offence like this , put the word football in it and suddenly you’re in alot more bother”
That’s how they view us