Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

No.  People in the fanzones are risking theirs and everyone else’s lives as well.

between my football and Scotland rugby season tickets I’m beginning to wonder how many games I’ll be allowed to attend in Scotland this year.  Got tickets to a couple of T20s at the Oval at the end of the month.  Feel more confident about seeing those games than I am about getting in to any Scottish stadium this year.

I’m not expecting to be back in a stadium until next year now. 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The being treated like kids by some sanctimonious p***ks really has grown tiresome. 

I know at Hampden usually you cant take in food or drink. Theyll have to make exceptions this time as it will probably be blistering hot, plus the likes of diabetics will need food if they're at a stadium for 7 hours. 

Wonder if Wembley and the like are being so pretty 

Hold on.  We’ve had estimates ranging from 4 hours to 7 now.  As laughable as it is I can believe 4-5 hours.  I attended the shambles that was the Commonwealth games at Hampden.  Took well over an hour to walk from the train station to the ground due to the mental queuing system they had going on.  Not buying that people will be in the stadium for 7 hours though.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Hold on.  We’ve had estimates ranging from 4 hours to 7 now.  As laughable as it is I can believe 4-5 hours.  I attended the shambles that was the Commonwealth games at Hampden.  Took well over an hour to walk from the train station to the ground due to the mental queuing system they had going on.  Not buying that people will be in the stadium for 7 hours though.

Definitely feasible if the next round game at Hampden went to extra time and pens 

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I’m not expecting to be back in a stadium until next year now. 

Its criminal if fans aren't allowed back until 2022. The virus is over as a serious health concern. If 200 folk arent getting in to see Albion Rovers or Stranraer then they (the clubs) should be taking the Government to court 

Edited by Thereisalight..

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Arrive 2 hours before kick off, 1½ hours for the game, half time, up to 2 hours to get out.

7 might be a stretch, but 6 less so.

Then straight to Mt. Florida and then a train where, somehow, social distancing (impossible at a pie stall in a huge concourse) can definitely be guaranteed.

Why are we still nodding along to this shite?

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Numbers in hospital due to "Indian" variant not increasing significantly.

Shock news that vaccines work

Love it when someone with a reasonable degree of responsibility doesn’t tow the line with the prevailing narrative, especially when it’s somebody like this boy who’d know what’s happening.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

In all serious, it's one thing to say that the UK Gov / SG may be using rhetoric to try to encourage as many people as possible to get vaccinated before lifting the restrictions.

Not sure about that. Encouraging people to get a vaccine then telling them that the vaccine doesnt matter and they have to socially distance anyway seems a pretty big disincentive to getting the vaccine. As well as damaging the economy unnecessarily.

7 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Don't forget that exiting the stadium after the game is due to be phased.

Which immediately begs the question - is it legal to keep people kettled in a stadium with no provision for water and food for that length of time?

Was just coming on to post that. Surely not providing food and drink facilities for a sporting event breaks health and safety laws?

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Its criminal if fans aren't allowed back until 2022. The virus is over as a serious health concern. If 200 folk arent getting in to see Albion Rovers or Stranraer then they (the clubs) should be taking the Government to court 

A sort of class action lawsuit from all 42 clubs would be superb.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Does this man seriously think we are still obeying his every command?

I think he does, tbh.

Absolutely zero guidelines were followed in Perth City centre for the Scottish Cup Final, and afterwards you were seemingly able to have a pub crawl without any bother at all. Plenty of folk had house parties for the game too.

Its sort of hilarious he genuinely thinks the majority of folk care what he says. All he's doing is allowing folk to get more drunk during games by preventing them going to matches, which then encourages them to break more of his guidelines as they're steaming.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Is this thread now under the influence of the far right?

Has all the restrictions convinced you that the far right might have some good valid points?

Have you ever tried to shoot a government scientist because they are making your life decisions, telling lies, spreading fear and being on TV too much?7

Do you like putting large objects in your front pockets or down your underpants to impress the ladies?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57358492

Belgium's Van Ranst: Covid scientist targeted by a far-right sniper

A cyclist rides a bike with a banner in support to far-right Belgian soldier Jürgen Conings on 29 May

It is Belgium right enough, a country so riddled with police ineptitude and institutional corruption that this right-wing guy could be living in the PM's spare bedroom and they still wouldn't be able to catch him. 

Had my first dose of Pfizer yesterday. It was also my first trip to TECA. I'd always assumed my first visit would be to see a band like Iron Maiden or the Foo Fighters, not a vaccination for a pandemic causing virus.

It was quite busy. From getting into the queue to finally leaving, which included the sitting about to see if you have an adverse reaction it took just under an hour.

Apart from the obligatory sore arm I've not had any side effects.

Also spent an evening in a pub for the first time since March last year. Thankfully the pub we were at didn't bother with bookings or the two hour slot nonsense.

A walk up vaccination centre set up in Troon today. No appointments no age restrictions but aimed primarilyat unders 30s (presumably Pfizer being given). Was due to open at 9.00 but by 8.00 the police had been called due to gridlock in the town. Son went at 7.30 and his estimated wait time is 2 and a half hours from opening. He says the are at least 3x the people now behind him than in front. This is I suppose positive but people standing in blazing sun with no obvious attempt to provide water or shade seems like a recipe for real issues as the day goes on. The other eye opener seems to be how far folk have traveled to get there. People from all over the West of Scotland apparently.

Something which gets on my nerves is the constant claims of the UK having high case rates relative to the rest of Europe.
In reality if other countries tested as many as we do they'd be higher up the table.
Same with the sequencing of variants.

Arrive 2 hours before kick off, 1½ hours for the game, half time, up to 2 hours to get out.
7 might be a stretch, but 6 less so.
Then straight to Mt. Florida and then a train where, somehow, social distancing (impossible at a pie stall in a huge concourse) can definitely be guaranteed.
Why are we still nodding along to this shite?
There is no such thing as a "departure slot". It's anticipated the stadium will be cleared within 15-30m of full time. UEFA have also confirmed (written email response posted on the TA thread) that the entry slots are advisory and not enforceable. No one will be sticking to any of this. People will not be inside Hampden for more than 2 hours or so unless they choose to do so.