Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
1 minute ago, RH33 said:
Not at primary level they haven't.

Ah didn't realise there was mass testing of primary school age kids.

In Renfrew it's a Primary that's had the outbreak and all the kids were sent home with a lateral flow kit earlier in week. Sorry I should have seperated out the schools as Falkirk is Secondary where twice weekly LFT have been option.

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

In Renfrew it's a Primary that's had the outbreak and all the kids were sent home with a lateral flow kit earlier in week. Sorry I should have seperated out the schools as Falkirk is Secondary where twice weekly LFT have been option.

LFT results are not counted in the daily figures, only PCR. 

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Meh, just a bit of a stern lecture before the level shift. I was worried for a second that Sunny's Sports Bar was about to get the entire Highlands stuck in level 2.

Fucking wild how an outbreak 70 miles from Inverness and 200 odd from Wick can fuck both places.

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Can anyone explain the logic behind banning away fans next season? It seems to make very simplistic assumptions about fan bases. After Aberdeen home games I've seen a reasonable number of home fans get on the Megabus back to the likes of Glasgow. For a number of our home games the number of Aberdeen fans travelling from beyond the limits of Aberdeenshire, let alone Aberdeen probably outnumber the total number of away fans. Are they going to limit home fans so you're registered address has to be within a certain number of miles of the stadium?

Agreed.  I live less than a 10 minute drive from Tynecastle and go past it every single day to work.  If Ayr and Hearts were still in the same league, it could (theoretically) be OK for me to drive across Scotland to Somerset Park, but not be allowed for me to travel 2 miles or so to watch the game there.  

Like so many of these rules there are just far too many inconsistencies and contradictions. 

Can anyone explain the logic behind banning away fans next season? It seems to make very simplistic assumptions about fan bases. After Aberdeen home games I've seen a reasonable number of home fans get on the Megabus back to the likes of Glasgow. For a number of our home games the number of Aberdeen fans travelling from beyond the limits of Aberdeenshire, let alone Aberdeen probably outnumber the total number of away fans. Are they going to limit home fans so you're registered address has to be within a certain number of miles of the stadium?

There’s no official ban on this, at least at this stage and I’d suggest it’s unlikely there’ll be one. It’s purely down to capacity restraints. I doubt you’d be chuffed as an Aberdeen fan who can’t get into a game with your season ticket, but a Motherwell fan strolls up the road to watch the game.

Can’t think of a Premiership team who could fit their home support in with room to spare, with two metre distancing. Even St Johnstone would struggle. If the distancing requirement drops then it’s possible, but then you open a bit of a can of worms in that St Johnstone would play their home games with a few hundred away fans in the ground but never have backing elsewhere. Whether that’s fine is upto the football authorities.

Heading down the leagues I’d be surprised if there aren’t away fans at sparsely full grounds. No reason whatsoever for 50 Cowdenbeath fans to be barred from Forthbank. In short the problem is capacity, and not travel... at the moment, at least.

Just now, Rugster said:

LFT results are not counted in the daily figures, only PCR. 

Yes, but if you have a positive lft you are meant to then get it confirmed by PCR. Which would be filtering through in numbers now.

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

Yes, but if you have a positive lft you are meant to then get it confirmed by PCR. Which would be filtering through in numbers now.

Only if positive. The false positives are horrendous on LFT. 

That was a bit of a nothing update. Variant causing cases and fucking progress up, vaccines seem to be working. Don't travel abroad. 

And back to normality mentioned several times not new normal or greater degree of normality
Also a recognition that face coverings and distancing are getting tedious for most of us , none of this “ we’ll become a nation of mask wearers “ pish
That and a lack of shiting the bed and referencing the vaccines doing their job, I’d say that is fairly positive

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Only if positive. The false positives are horrendous on LFT. 

I know, as I said I was merely musing as to what a comparison with other common viral things which can be asymptomatic would be. Nothing more than that! 

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

It was the same on GMB this morning. Richard Madeley (I know, I know) asked the resident expert (Dr Amir I think his name was) why we can't bin restrictions once everyone is double dosed.

The answer was a long winded version of "we just don't know". Basically the usual pish about possible variants which currently don't exist and might never exist.

It honestly makes you wonder what the fcking point in us getting vaccinated is. We were told vaccines were the way out of this, a route back to the normality of holidays and attending sports events or concerts. Yet all the elderly and vulnerable are double dosed and a large percentage of the rest of the adult population has had at least one jag and still we’re wondering if 50 away fans will be able to attend games in the lower leagues this season 😑 

On crowds at games, when we had fans at Cappielow a couple of weeks ago I went with my pals in a group of 3 from 3 different households and we all got to sit together, with distancing between groups rather than individuals. 

Which strikes me as pretty daft since many of the groups were clearly like us. No point distancing at all. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What were the icu and hospital figures?

NS: "There are currently 116 people in hospital with Covid, and that is 6 more than yesterday. 8 people are receiving intensive care. That's the same number as yesterday."