Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There was a pediatrician on Reporting Scotland who said as much. He said most of the child Covid patients are coming in with broken arms and legs and the like or even for cancer treatment and testing positive as testing is very routine in hospitals but the majority are asymptomatic.

If hospitals are full of asymptotic children or elderly getting treatment for other ailments it confirms the chain is broken and vaccines work.

We need someone to step up and say this.

16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We can only be one summer of travel restrictions away from a crash in the tourism industry, the likes of which have never been seen before. 

Airlines will cease to exist, travel companies will go bust, and thousands upon thousands who work in dependant industries will lose their jobs. 

I notice that Sturgeon asked the UK government today about extending furlough. This doesn't suggest any relaxation of restrictions any time soon. 

I work for one of the largest travel companies in the world, employing over 100,000 worldwide. They are currently losing circa $600m per month. This is obviously unsustainable. Frankly I am surprised we are still in business as it is.

59 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Drove past a billboard this morning that had me seething a bit.

An old guy with a quote along the lines of

"I'm fully vaccinated, but I'll still get a test if asked"

f**k. Off.

That propaganda is always on the radio and in paper adverts. Some old p***k saying they're fully vaccinated but still not meeting up indoors, or another one that has an old dear opening the windows. All have that annoying "I'm not giving in" tagline or jingle attached 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

April next year the earliest I'm expecting us to be back to "pre-Covid" experiences. In terms of football I'm not expecting away fans at games until 2022/23.

Fingers crossed they announce something in the next few weeks about an actual end date, though.

22/23 to allow about 50 Arbroath fans into Somerset? Fcking wild 😂

54 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We can only be one summer of travel restrictions away from a crash in the tourism industry, the likes of which have never been seen before. 

Airlines will cease to exist, travel companies will go bust, and thousands upon thousands who work in dependant industries will lose their jobs. 

I notice that Sturgeon asked the UK government today about extending furlough. This doesn't suggest any relaxation of restrictions any time soon. 

Could you imagine the rest of UK come September is back to normal while Scotland is still using it’s ridiculous level system. 

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Could you imagine the rest of UK come September is back to normal while Scotland is still using it’s ridiculous level system. 

Unforunately yes.  Unless furlough is pulled that is exactly what I can see happening.

Surely the governments and the media are aware that nobody is falling for their variant shite anymore. It just doesn’t wash and it’s frustrating that Joe Public doesn’t have a platform to tell them this and they have to respond.

So instead of having shite journalists asking them easy questions, why can’t they face questions from the public, who’s everyday lives, including their mental and physical healthy, are being negatively impacted?

28 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

22/23 to allow about 50 Arbroath fans into Somerset? Fcking wild 😂

Signs are all there.

SPFL allowing live streaming again for next season hints that at least a portion of the season won't have fans in, clubs using it as a selling point for season tickets. 

Government refusing to say exactly what triggers restrictions being completely lifted, only ever using "closer to normality" as a phrase.

Media constantly fear mongering, likely by instruction.

If we get to the end of this month and nothing major has been announced then this year is a write off, IMO they won't lift restrictions after September.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Surely the governments and the media are aware that nobody is falling for their variant shite anymore. It just doesn’t wash and it’s frustrating that Joe Public doesn’t have a platform to tell them this and they have to respond.

So instead of having shite journalists asking them easy questions, why can’t they face questions from the public, who’s everyday lives, including their mental and physical healthy, are being negatively impacted?

I think you'd be surprised how many people would support ongoing restrictions.

India has given so much to the world, the Indian variant and people on the end of the phone who have utterly no idea what you are talking about but pretend they do and know more than you.

Edited by red23

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Signs are all there.

SPFL allowing live streaming again for next season hints that at least a portion of the season won't have fans in, clubs using it as a selling point for season tickets. 

Government refusing to say exactly what triggers restrictions being completely lifted, only ever using "closer to normality" as a phrase.

Media constantly fear mongering, likely by instruction.

If we get to the end of this month and nothing major has been announced then this year is a write off, IMO they won't lift restrictions after September.

They cant allow 12,000 fans at the height of big bad scary variant and then say no to 300 at Stair Park or 1,000 at Somerset. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

They cant allow 12,000 fans at the height of big bad scary variant and then say no to 300 at Stair Park or 1,000 at Somerset. 

They can, and will, IMO.

And it'll be meekly accepted by the vast majority of people in this country too.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They can, and will, IMO.

And it'll be meekly accepted by the vast majority of people in this country too.

There is no justification for it. If theres not at least 500 fans at stadiums come July for the cup games then the SFA/SPFL are an even bigger joke than I thought 

Sadly the last part I agree with. We're a nation of absolute wet wipes