Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Old Shappsy dropping a “we just don’t know” bomb 

DAD03C4D-BFF9-415B-B47F-5F66699EAA94.png

The variant chat used to make me seething and almost argumentative with folk but I find it all really mentally draining now. The folk peddling this shite and brainwashing folk into thinking I'm still at a risk even though I'm completely vaccinated and am completely safe can go and f**k themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, 101 said:
Mental to trott out scare stories when the Comms teams should be working on dialing back the fear. They have done some but no where near enough and then chucking this in is just mad.

Not content with criminalising completely normal behaviour, they are now telling people they are potentially murderers for doing things that they are allowed to do. Incredible stuff.

Aye complete own goal that said families should be banned from public spaces if they can't control their weans hopefully this is maintained post Covid ;)

12 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Shameful and verging on deliberate misinformation, though not surprising given what the behavioural science psychopaths on SAGE have advised since the beginning of this shit show.

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
35 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
It looks like this is the end game. All the shite about 'vaccinating vulnerable groups and then we can all relax', was just that. Shite. 
There's no intention of letting go of restrictions in the short to medium term. Johnson and Sturgeon are both crossing their fingers, clicking their heels, and praying that the vaccines squash the virus. The thing is, the can is getting kicked further down the road and it will be until probably September at the earliest, when both of them will be forced to confront the reality that 80% of the population are vaccinated and that the virus rarely causes any serious damage. 
Forget holidays abroad this summer.  We're trapped.

Governments the world over are shit scared of fucking up again having got it so wrong during the first and second waves.

This is true. I wish however, both the UK and Scottish governments would have some honesty and come out and openly say that this is the case. 

At the moment, we have a bizarre combination of throwing out a few bones....pubs open until 23.00, you can use gyms etc..... together with almost daily messages packed with doubt and fear. 

It's a deliberate policy of giving people hope while at the same time keeping us terrified. This cannot go on. 

Things you love to see, no booking, no 2 hour time slot and a free drink, happy days !Screenshot_20210603-184155_Photos.thumb.jpeg.962a08f70d2cec10721899de058e0d25.jpeg
Might pay Sweeneys a visit on Sat then. They've had six wee tables for two outside for the last few weeks, always occupied by their older clientele when I've walked by. Think they opened inside just to sell soft drinks before as well just to give their regulars somewhere to go.

44 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

There was a pediatrician on Reporting Scotland who said as much. He said most of the child Covid patients are coming in with broken arms and legs and the like or even for cancer treatment and testing positive as testing is very routine in hospitals but the majority are asymptomatic.

Edited by NorthernLights

31 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Then it's booster time for the vulnerable!

That's already planned for August is it not?

Restrictions won't be lifted this year IMO, we're halfway through it and there's been zero official hint of it happening. They'll find some excuse to hold restrictions in place over the winter.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's already planned for August is it not?

Restrictions won't be lifted this year IMO, we're halfway through it and there's been zero official hint of it happening. They'll find some excuse to hold restrictions in place over the winter.

Im still hopeful for domestic normality this year but 2019 style normality is probably 2022 possibly even well into the year depending on the picture internationally.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Im still hopeful for domestic normality this year but 2019 style normality is probably 2022 possibly even well into the year depending on the picture internationally.

April next year the earliest I'm expecting us to be back to "pre-Covid" experiences. In terms of football I'm not expecting away fans at games until 2022/23.

Fingers crossed they announce something in the next few weeks about an actual end date, though.

Airlines and businesses really need to start ramping up their lawsuits. Pressure needs put on both the SG and WM.
Jet2 have just announced another mass cancellation UK wide - all flights and holidays up to at least 1 July (next traffic lights announcement) and Turkey (currently red) up to late July at least. Clearly not willing to fly to Amber destinations.

It would be a difficult case to win for these companies as nothing is actually legally stopping them operating especially to the amber destinations. Govts making it very difficult but not actually legally stopping them.

58 minutes ago, 101 said:

Mental to trott out scare stories when the Comms teams should be working on dialing back the fear. They have done some but no where near enough and then chucking this in is just mad.

This is exactly the same measurement that the government has been using for Covid hospital figures all along, so I'm not sure why there's suddenly pearl-clutching about it being used. 

I do actually, it's because the government have also been telling the public that the weans are a case apart for 15 months, so the idea that applying the same nonsense criteria to that precious category seems ridiculous, whereas an old biddy falling down the stairs weeks after getting a cough is legit. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

This is exactly the same measurement that the government has been using for Covid hospital figures all along, so I'm not sure why there's suddenly pearl-clutching about it being used. 

I do actually, it's because the government have also been telling the public that the weans are a case apart for 15 months, so the idea that applying the same nonsense criteria to that precious category seems ridiculous, whereas an old biddy falling down the stairs weeks after getting a cough is legit. 

It's madness that we're now 16 months into this and we still haven't a clue how many people are actually in hospital because of covid as opposed to with covid.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Jet2 have just announced another mass cancellation UK wide - all flights and holidays up to at least 1 July (next traffic lights announcement) and Turkey (currently red) up to late July at least. Clearly not willing to fly to Amber destinations.

It would be a difficult case to win for these companies as nothing is actually legally stopping them operating especially to the amber destinations. Govts making it very difficult but not actually legally stopping them.

We can only be one summer of travel restrictions away from a crash in the tourism industry, the likes of which have never been seen before. 

Airlines will cease to exist, travel companies will go bust, and thousands upon thousands who work in dependant industries will lose their jobs. 

I notice that Sturgeon asked the UK government today about extending furlough. This doesn't suggest any relaxation of restrictions any time soon. 

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Imagine seething at a billboard.

Just wait until you get a bitty older. You seethe at everything.

Folk who drop litter, folk putting their feet up on bus seats, anybody pronouncing the word definAtely, short-arsed policemen that look like they should be at school, bin collection times, potholes, billboards etc etc etc.

I'm 53. Permantly seething. 

Portugal’s president, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, said the country was in a far better place than it had been a few months ago, adding that a balance needed to be struck and that “health fundamentalism” ought to be avoided.

Never mind flights to Portugal, we should be inviting this guy to take over this country instead of the fucking psychos running the joint now.