Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

she doesn't work for the Scottish government,  She's just a talking head . She works for one of the edinburgh universities but i can't remeber which one

I know that. But she is an adviser to them and clearly an influential one at that. 

Her pivot away from zero Covid that she kept advocating has been glorious to watch. Some about turn on the vaccines as well. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Text/email from the vaccine appointments scheme finds nothing on the system, says they'll investigate and then arrange a new appointment. How will this appointment be communicated efficiently? 'By post' of course. 

Enough with this blue envelope pish FFS. 

Didn't get a letter either so chased them up.

They emailed/text (almost immediately tbf) me my appointment & gave me a code to provide when I turn up.

14 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

They emailed/text (almost immediately tbf) me my appointment & gave me a code to provide when I turn up.

Did you just fill in the same form again for a second time or did you phone them?

In the same situation myself 

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

Always liked her....

Again, that twitter account is up to no-good. The quote is taken from a tweet from her two days ago:

"We have to move away from harsh restrictions & lockdowns, to data-driven, precise outbreak management using science & logistics."

Not exactly the "lets all start licking each others faces" announcement it might seem from our darling Devi. 

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

There's no reason why this cannot be the default option for people who have literally just provided their email/mobile contact details. Basing the entire system for the country around the contact preferences of Senga (79) who disnae dae new technology is moronic. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's no reason why this cannot be the default option for people who have literally just provided their email/mobile contact details. Basing the entire system for the country around the contact preferences of Senga (79) who disnae dae new technology is moronic. 

This has been absolutely ludicrous, there is absolutely no sense in sending out letters by default nowadays.

2 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Always liked her....

She is simply reacting to the fact that the world is moving on from her utopia, as she has done throughout.

Nigel Huddlestone (sports minister) saying any foreign fans coming to the euros will have to follow the rules we’re subject to so unless more countries are moved to green they’ll have to self isolate if coming from an amber country.
I've lost touch, are we no longer insisting on managed hotel quarantine in Scotland unless you come from a red zone.

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
25 minutes ago, Left Back said:
Nigel Huddlestone (sports minister) saying any foreign fans coming to the euros will have to follow the rules we’re subject to so unless more countries are moved to green they’ll have to self isolate if coming from an amber country.

I've lost touch, are we no longer insisting on managed hotel quarantine in Scotland unless you come from a red zone.

Amber is home isolation for us now as well.

it’s going to be difficult for foreign fans to attend the euros in the UK unless the green list is massively expanded.

ETA https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/pages/red-amber-and-green-list-countries/

Edited by Left Back