Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh's figures creeping up... Just as well I went for a pint tonight as someone will shit the bed at some point.. :(

Midlothian cases are rising every day. Just a matter of time before we're back in Tier 3. 

I've just booked a wee staycation for Mrs SEETHING's birthday in Perth and Kinross (I know, but needs must) in October, so if there are any new travel restrictions at that point Mrs Sturgeon will have to answer to me personally. 

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

I've just booked a wee staycation for Mrs SEETHING's birthday in Perth and Kinross (I know, but needs must) in October, so if there are any new travel restrictions at that point Mrs Sturgeon will have to answer to me personally. 

Surely restrictions in Scotland will be gone completely by then. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

24 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Surely restrictions in Scotland will be gone complexly by then. 

We can only hope m8. Have always thought of Hibernian FC as "The Leith Variant" in any event, so it wouldn't surprise me if the third-world conditions in east Edinburgh give rise to a more infectious strain. 

Edited by SEETHING

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh's figures creeping up... Just as well I went for a pint tonight as someone will shit the bed at some point.. :(

Not going to happen.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

:lol: 

That entire thread. 

I can't wait for the bed sharters to start getting the sniffles again. Absolute oddballs.

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I can't wait for the bed sharters to start getting the sniffles again. Absolute oddballs.

Wishing illness on others. Great look.

Edited by Wee Bully

The absolute state of this

What part of the vaccines massively reduce the severity of any infection do these goons not get?

Models have been consistently wrong anyway, never mind just ignoring a major variable.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The absolute state of this

What part of the vaccines massively reduce the severity of any infection do these goons not get?

Models have been consistently wrong anyway, never mind just ignoring a major variable.

f**k knows, we don't shut the country down cause folk " arny feelin well"  if there not in hospital or dying then get this tae f**k 

less of these c***s ^^ and their pish, 

Mare of these c***s  and their sense 

Pandemic could be declared officially over if vaccines keep people out of hospital

Professor Andrew Pollard, director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, has been on the radio this morning to talk about the most recent Public Health England data published over the weekend.

He suggested the pandemic could be declared over if people are kept out of hospital by vaccines, but we need more time to see how effective they are against new variants.

"The thing that makes this a pandemic is people going into hospital. And so what we really need to know, and we don't have the data yet for certain, is how well both vaccines are performing in preventing people from going into hospital," he told the BBC's Today programme.

"If the current generation of vaccines are able to stop people going into hospital, whilst there is still mild infections, people are getting the common cold with the virus, then the pandemic is over.

"Because we can live with the virus, in fact we are going to have to live with the virus in one way or another, but it doesn't matter if most people are kept out of hospital because then the NHS can continue to function and life will be back to normal. 

"We just need a little bit more time to have certainty around this."

Dr Robertson's credibility died a death in that thread when he said we are in a similar position to November with the Kent variant. 

A similar position indeed, if we just ignore that the UK has delivered SIXTY MILLION doses of effective vaccines and a third of our population has been fully vaccinated. 

They are desperate to downplay the vaccines and it is beyond pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Dr Robertson's credibility died a death in that thread when he said we are in a similar position to November with the Kent variant. 

A similar position indeed, if we just ignore that the UK has delivered SIXTY MILLION doses of effective vaccines and a third of our population has been fully vaccinated. 

They are desperate to downplay the vaccines and it is beyond pathetic. 

Does anyone have any idea what these people are actually gaining from ignoring the facts and spouting this rubbish?

I'm genuinely baffled as to what could be in it for them.  Are they really that desperate to get 5 minutes of fame in a throwaway interview on TV?  How does that actually help them career-wise or otherwise when their predictions will be provable garbage in hindsight?