Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It was inevitable that these utter diddies would be forced into a climbdown over this. Every government going by 'case numbers' will eventually when it's clear any breakthrough infections lead to nothing but the sniffles and hospital capacity is stable at pre-pandemic levels. That link has been broken now.

39 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hee haw to do with Covid but f**k this weather man ! End of May on the Ayrshire coast 8c, pishing down and blowing a hoolie. Pathetic.

ETA 6c now, more like February !!!

It really makes you appreciate the Great British Staycation!

Daily Cases Update:  Sorry missed yesterday as in the Pub all day.  48 hours another 8.72% rise.   Positivity up again.

I realise most people hate case numbers on here, but it is pretty shite to have Scotland at double the rate of England and nearly 5 times the levels of the Welsh.

Seems to be pretty much spreading through Glasgow now so very much doubt any reduction soon. All surrounding councils on the rise.  

As Glasgow actually approaches level 4 numbers it was pretty clear different "targets" needed to be mentioned. Imagine the outcry if you were locked down again with no one in ICU.

How anyone in Tullibody has not had it now is a mystery.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 14th May to 20th May  were 2134 now 2320 up 8.72%.  Positivity was 1.6% now 1.7%.   Cases per 100k were 39.1 now 42.5

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  22.0 to 22.5 up 2.27%, England 21.0 to 21.3 up 1.43%,  Wales 9.7 to 9.4 down 3.09%, Northern Ireland 33.2 to 32.4 down 2.41%

European (Above 2 Million Population) : Sweden 247 to 264, Netherlands  201 to 182, only major countries above 150. 

Sun worshiper areas currently are Malta 5 to 4 (How is this not on Green list ?), Portugal 27 to 28,  Bulgaria 52 to 41, Spain 72 to 71, Italy 73 to 65, Turkey 92 to 92, Greece 133 to 128  France 146 to 114, Cyprus 174 to 135   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Naughty Level 3 Councils

Glasgow City   122.6 to 133.3    Positivity 4.2%  Now pretty much city wide.

Clackmannanshire   85.4 to 126.1 

East Renfrewshire    116.2 to 116.2 

Midlothian   59.5 to 68.1  

Renfrewshire  40.2 to 57.0  Up 40% in 2 days

East Dunbartonshire  53.4  to 54.3 

Under 50 Level 2 Criteria Club

South Lanarkshire   43.4 to 46.8

Stirling   32.9 to 44.6  Up 35% in 2 days

North Ayrshire   34.9 to 43.8 Up 44% in 3 days

North Lanarkshire    33.7 to 36.3 

City Of Edinburgh   32.4 to 34.7  

Fife  36.1 to 32.4

Falkirk  26.1 to 32.3 

Perth & Kinross   29.0 to 26.3

Dundee City    16.1 to 25.4 Up 57% in 2 days.

East Ayrshire   21.3 to 23.8  

East Lothian    20.5 to 22.4  

Moray  34.4 to 20.9  Almost down to Cigars

The Should be in Level 1  Club Sub 20.0image.jpeg.2ac60f85799d1453b2fa133e8de973d3.jpeg

West Lothian 25.7 to 19.1

Angus  18.1 to 18.9 

Aberdeenshire   16.1 to 16.1

West Dunbartonshire 7.9 to 13.5

Argyll & Bute   7.0 to 12.8   

South Ayrshire   8.0 to 11.5 

Aberdeen City    10.5 to 10.9 

Scottish  Borders   7.8 to 6.1

Shetland Islands  4.4 to 4.4 

Inverclyde   2.6 to 3.9

Western Isles  11.2 to 3.7 

Dumfries & Galloway  2.0 to 3.4   

Highlands    3.8 to 3.0

Orkney Island  9.0 to 0.0

East Ren plateauing seems a good thing though.

11 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Can one of you infectious disease experts please rubbish the above thread so that I can go back to barely giving a f**k about Covid any more. Thanks. 

She’s an attention seeking blowhard that is spreading the scaremongering pish if independent SAGE

Scroll down the replies until you get to mac n chise and read from there to get some sense.

I’d paste it in if I knew how to do anything in twitter 😂

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

@Detournement

27 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Can one of you infectious disease experts please rubbish the above thread so that I can go back to barely giving a f**k about Covid any more. Thanks. 

Yes - it's Deepti Gurdasani.

What a total car crash of a thread. Basically two extreme views. Hers of a "devastating new wave" being all but guaranteed and then virtually all the responses being from "seasonal flu" covid denier types. This is how polarised it's all become unfortunately and it leaves zero middle ground and very little informed opinion or facts for the vast majority of the public that don't subscribe to either of the extremes to take a proper informed position.

Media says the vaccine results re Indian variant are great news. Public health official boffins say it's terrible news !!!

Reads like a SAGE member desperately trying to cover their mistakes. In March 2020, the UK was quite literally the only country in the world aiming for herd immunity by infection, so the premise of that thread is based on a falsehood. The UK’s approach was a catastrophic error that directly resulted in tens of thousands of avoidable deaths.

I doubt that’ll end up being a remotely controversial viewpoint when the dust settles.

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

Reads like a SAGE member desperately trying to cover their mistakes. In March 2020, the UK was quite literally the only country in the world aiming for herd immunity by infection, so the premise of that thread is based on a falsehood. The UK’s approach was a catastrophic error that directly resulted in tens of thousands of avoidable deaths.

I doubt that’ll end up being a remotely controversial viewpoint when the dust settles.

Possibly. I thought it was quite interesting in conjunction with Dominic Cummings' recent tweet fest

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They announced a ceasefire on Friday morning and attacked Al Asqa Mosque on Friday night.

I'm more interested in what happens in non Apartheid states. 

Hahahahahaha

4 hours ago, SEETHING said:

I’m no expert, but she’s banging on about people still getting infected while paying absolutely no heat to how many of them get properly ill.

The 30% after one dose doesn’t sound great as a headline figure but I’d be pretty surprised if the figure wasn’t a fair bit higher when it comes to preventing serious illness.