Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’ve just seen a scotgov advert on the tv about a site that has coping tips on restrictions opening up in case you’re nervous about it 🤷‍♂️

I'm more nervous that much of the stuff I previously enjoyed isn't going to be an option for me any time soon.

Still waiting on the decent local swimming pools opening in Falkirk.

7 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

It’s not just football fans. They hate pubs too. Oh, and live music, the arts, the events sector.... Anyone having fun basically.

The Scottish government’s micro-management of every aspect of the hospitality trade is approaching surreal levels. I know the following reads like a parody, but it’s for real.

Here’s their ELEVEN step set up guide for playing background music in a pub.

I barely know where to start on that, but ’pre-agree a topic of conversation..’ 😂 Presumably the majority of volunteers for this level-setting exercise (assuming anyone can be bothered going through all this rigmarole) would be capable of spontaneously starting a conversation!

For the full, unexpurgated text of Scot Gov’s guidance on background music in the hospitality sector, see link below:

Even more guidance on background music

That’s the easy bit.  Any couple of random women can carry on all manner of conversation about any old shite.

8 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

It’s not just football fans. They hate pubs too. Oh, and live music, the arts, the events sector.... Anyone having fun basically.

The Scottish government’s micro-management of every aspect of the hospitality trade is approaching surreal levels. I know the following reads like a parody, but it’s for real.

I barely know where to start on that, but ’pre-agree a topic of conversation..’ 😂 Presumably the majority of volunteers for this level-setting exercise (assuming anyone can be bothered going through all this rigmarole) would be capable of spontaneously starting a conversation!

For the full, unexpurgated text of Scot Gov’s guidance on background music in the hospitality sector, see link below:

When I got my ticket for Dens on Thursday night, it included an A4 sheet with 20 (twenty) bullet points. It had the Dundee badge at the top and mentioned the stadium name etc., but it read like they were given template from higher up (Scottish Government/SFA/SPFL).

Two particular highlights:

• If the ball ends up on the seating deck, please pass it to the nearest steward - these must be disinfected prior to going back to the players on the pitch
  • Take care when shouting, singing or celebrating

WhisperedVacantChicken-size_restricted.g 

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

When I got my ticket for Dens on Thursday night, it included an A4 sheet with 20 (twenty) bullet points. It had the Dundee badge at the top and mentioned the stadium name etc., but it read like they were given template from higher up (Scottish Government/SFA/SPFL).

• If the ball ends up on the seating deck, please pass it to the nearest steward - these must be disinfected prior to going back to the players on the pitch

I guess the stewards can’t catch Covid then.  Just give us all hi viz jackets and we can get on with our lives.

26 minutes ago, The Master said:

Shit like this, and clownshoes going on about one way systems, car parks, hand washing (I must have been one of the few who did this pre Mar 2020) having to sit rather than stand etc, makes me think that football will be a soulless sanitised experience full of rules and restrictions. Think I'd give it a bye tbh 

Edited by Thereisalight..

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Fantastic night out with beer and dinner with my mates.

f**k draconian restrictions and the punitive Shitebagerry agenda.

Splendid.

Same.

Responsibly went home at 10:30.  Don’t want to be out and about once angry covid is active and actively hunting down drinkers.  Being a football fan who likes live music i am especially vulnerable.  So Glad the government are protecting me like this.

Edited by parsforlife

Pretty sure they didn’t go down the moronic vaccine passport or unvaccinated/vaccinated sections either 

39A188E9-F42C-4F6B-9F02-31F2B5104D19.thumb.jpeg.47bec9fe6d94fb16e11b72eb50c0d9f7.jpeg
You're just being silly, that's baseball they're attending and not the super spreader football.

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Same.

Responsibly went home at 10:30.  Don’t want to be out and about once angry covid is active and actively hunting down drinkers.  Being a football fan who likes live music i am especially vulnerable.  So Glad the government are protecting me like this.

In another three weeks you might be able to stay out until 11:30 without the 'rona scything you down. 

Although if Glasgow is not beneath their ridiculous case rate benchmark then I can see them being brought into tier 2 and the rest of the country kept there instead. Can't let Gigha become the next Ibiza and draw in Glaswegians in their droves after all. 

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, Dev said:

I don't know if this has been posted already (apologies if it has) but THIS sums it up for me with regard to how football and other organised outdoor activities have been dealt with by this woeful Government in Edinburgh:

twitter.com/ScotAmFA/status/1319209343154331653/photo/1

It might have been posted in October 2020 when they released it.

1 hour ago, Frankie S said:

Surely the person who has written that is thoroughly mortified by this.

2 hours ago, Frankie S said:

That is fucking pathetic guidance. 

4 hours ago, RH33 said:

Hampden empty but Asda Linwood can have 500 at capacity.

This is a daft comparison since people will die without food, it's as essential as it can get.

There should be fans back in football games but I thought we'd moved past the "so I can meet my gran when we're both working in the maternity unit but I can't have her and 29 pals round to mine for a crate of lager 🤔🤔"

Deek this thread and some of the replies. eMlO2Ay.png&key=00c6f9f73b1b46ef37879e584bc7ea15d4a87850ce6064f3f865f3a69200abcb
Some people are going to be broken for years, possibly permanently.

Millions of people lived their lives blighted by phobias long before Covid, it's far from a new phenomenon just another to add to the list unfortunately. We had a senior manager at work in the 90s who would never touch a door handle without a glove and his hands were red raw from constant washing and anti bacterial gelling. He basically lived live in a bubble and it's pretty much identical to the people in those responses. Covid is just a new trigger for a lot of people and another branch of mental health issues that have pretty much been ignored for eternity.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

This is a daft comparison since people will die without food, it's as essential as it can get.

There should be fans back in football games but I thought we'd moved past the "so I can meet my gran when we're both working in the maternity unit but I can't have her and 29 pals round to mine for a crate of lager 🤔🤔"

Was just passing comment as I happened to notice the sign when I was going in (yes at stupid o'clock this morning) 

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Was just passing comment as I happened to notice the sign when I was going in (yes at stupid o'clock this morning) 

Aye but it’s unhelpful to frame the debate as Asda being judged to be safe and football isn’t. 

It’s just that supermarkets are a risk that need to be taken, while football isn’t. If anything SG could argue that the fact we have no choice but for people to be able to mix in supermarkets means it’s more important to be cautious elsewhere. 

That being said, an empty hampden yesterday was still pathetic. 

Edited by Dons_1988

22 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Elixir said:
Deek this thread and some of the replies. eMlO2Ay.png&key=00c6f9f73b1b46ef37879e584bc7ea15d4a87850ce6064f3f865f3a69200abcb
Some people are going to be broken for years, possibly permanently.

Millions of people lived their lives blighted by phobias long before Covid, it's far from a new phenomenon just another to add to the list unfortunately. We had a senior manager at work in the 90s who would never touch a door handle without a glove and his hands were red raw from constant washing and anti bacterial gelling. He basically lived live in a bubble and it's pretty much identical to the people in those responses. Covid is just a new trigger for a lot of people and another branch of mental health issues that have pretty much been ignored for eternity.

The point the OP was making though is that it wouldn’t be anywhere near this bad if the governments and particularly mainstream media outlets didn’t absolutely hammer people with fear about how it’s the end times. Understandable for a few weeks in April 2020 when little was known, but government advisors, politicians and media outlets are still terrifying people without any justification and it needs highlighted and acted on.

The point the OP was making though is that it wouldn’t be anywhere near this bad if the governments and particularly mainstream media outlets didn’t absolutely hammer people with fear about how it’s the end times. Understandable for a few weeks in April 2020 when little was known, but government advisors, politicians and media outlets are still terrifying people without any justification and it needs highlighted and acted on.
Absolutely true that hasn't helped at all but it's still relevant that millions were already blighted by phobias and OCD before this pandemic. Some will be new sufferers for sure and that without doubt has been fuelled by the govt messaging but a fair amount would have been blighted by these issues anyway, this will simply have been a new trigger. Would be good to see studies into this as it was a fairly undocumented issue previously. Most folk will know someone who suffered in some way but your right to highlight that it's been exacerbated.
I suspect it will be a very difficult issue to combat never mind reverse but Govts have a duty to try to tackle it given they are a big part of the cause. The two folk I know personally who were badly affected by phobias / OCD pretty much had their lifes ruined by it long before this situation.