Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

My flatmate was telling me that one of the previous tenants left because she threw a massive fit at him for going on a socially distanced date and "threatening her life".

This was in February of this year.

He shared a flat with Christina Pagel? 

I don't know if this has been posted already (apologies if it has) but THIS sums it up for me with regard to how football and other organised outdoor activities have been dealt with by this woeful Government in Edinburgh:

twitter.com/ScotAmFA/status/1319209343154331653/photo/1

Swansea with fans in the ground for their game with Barnsley just now. So that’s England and Wales allowing it.  Are North Ireland allowing fans in yet?

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Scunnering really that all other home nations have had fans at important games/finals and our showcase cup final was played in front of nobody

BuT wE JuSt DoN't KnOw.

It does make a mockery of things when other home nations are allowing crowds when the case rates per 100k are broadly similar.

BuT wE JuSt DoN't KnOw.
It does make a mockery of things when other home nations are allowing crowds when the case rates per 100k are broadly similar.
There have been crowds at all the games in Scotland the past week although allowing in larger numbers would have been better. I'm surprised the SFA didn't look to host the cup final elsewhere when it was announced that Glasgow was staying in level 3 - pretty much anywhere outside Glasgow would have done for a crowd of 500 or so. Dunfermline for instance.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When you say socially distanced date, do you mean he didnt get his jam roll and is saving face? Because i applaud the tenacity.

Well that's the thing. He said he was trying to be reasonable and assuage her concerns and she still kicked off. I buried the lede as well which is that she then shacked up with the guy she found to replace her tenancy and was then affronted that my flatmate told the new tenant that he could bring any burd round except her after the grief she gave him. And that's why I'm here now haha.

17 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Well that's the thing. He said he was trying to be reasonable and assuage her concerns and she still kicked off. I buried the lede as well which is that she then shacked up with the guy she found to replace her tenancy and was then affronted that my flatmate told the new tenant that he could bring any burd round except her after the grief she gave him. And that's why I'm here now haha.

Haha thats brilliant, flat mate is absolutey in the right. Sounds like a mentalist.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Fantastic night out with beer and dinner with my mates.

f**k draconian restrictions and the punitive Shitebagerry agenda.

Splendid.

Only going to enjoy more and more days and evenings out like that as time goes on.

It’s shouldn’t be uplifting to see folk out enjoying themselves and using a basic human right, but it’s good to see and hear of people back out enjoying themselves. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
2 hours ago, The Naitch said:
BuT wE JuSt DoN't KnOw.

There have been crowds at all the games in Scotland the past week although allowing in larger numbers would have been better. I'm surprised the SFA didn't look to host the cup final elsewhere when it was announced that Glasgow was staying in level 3 - pretty much anywhere outside Glasgow would have done for a crowd of 500 or so. Dunfermline for instance.

500 crowds in stadiums like Dens or Rugby park is a box ticking exercise, nothing more. When hick leagues like Nothern Ireland can allow 1000 at a final and we cant move our showpiece out of Glasgow it smacks of tin pot

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
2 hours ago, The Naitch said:
BuT wE JuSt DoN't KnOw.

I don’t think Edinburgh City were allowed any fans at Ainslie Park.  No idea why the regulations didn’t allow it but absolutely certain the rationale won’t stand up to any scrutiny.

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I don’t think Edinburgh City were allowed any fans at Ainslie Park.  No idea why the regulations didn’t allow it but absolutely certain the rationale won’t stand up to any scrutiny.

I'm sure city didn't go ahead as it would only work out at about 48 fans.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/22/pfizer-and-astrazeneca-highly-effective-against-india-covid-variant

Turns out that we did actually know that highly effective vaccines smack the latest variant all around the place as well. Another straw snatched away from Devi and the gang on their march back to irrelevance. 

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'm sure city didn't go ahead as it would only work out at about 48 fans.

Like I said.  It stands up to no scrutiny.  I’ve been in pubs this week with more people inside than that.  I bet there’s been games in public parks that have had more than 50 people round the pitch.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

The SNP hate football fans. 

It’s not just football fans. They hate pubs too. Oh, and live music, the arts, the events sector.... Anyone having fun basically.

The Scottish government’s micro-management of every aspect of the hospitality trade is approaching surreal levels. I know the following reads like a parody, but it’s for real.

Here’s their ELEVEN step set up guide for playing background music in a pub.

1-Seat volunteers at a table closest to sources of amplified sound (e.g. loudspeaker or television)

2-Volunteers should be seated at least 1m apart from each other to reflect current physical distancing requirements in hospitality for customers from different households.

3-Face coverings can be removed when seated and physically distanced.

4-Ensure that ventilation and other operating arrangements reflect opening hours conditions.

5-Switch on pre-recorded music of a genre typical to the venue / other audio at a low level (or for live music play instrument/s).

6-Pre-agree a topic of conversation and ask the volunteers to converse in a normal speaking voice - once you have familiarised yourself with the audio equipment this shoukd take no longer than approx. 10 minutes - ensure you have ready access to the volume controls.

7-Gradually increase the volume, ensuring that the volunteers can still converse comfortably without significantly raising their vocal effort (comfortable speech level; not shouting), or leaning in closer to hear or be heard. If they cannot, then the music / audio levels are too high and should be reduced. Remember that the audio should be subjectively low and remain in the background.

8-Once set, leave audio levels set as they are and check compliance at tables in different parts of the venue and (for staff) speaking across the bar.

9-Make adjustments to the audio levels as required.

10-When complete, make a record of the audio settings. This could consist of an indication of the master volume control, photographs of audio settings, set of notes etc.

11-Communicate audio levels, settings, and guidance to all staff (live musicians will note this for equipment).

I barely know where to start on that, but ’pre-agree a topic of conversation..’ 😂 Presumably the majority of volunteers for this level-setting exercise (assuming anyone can be bothered going through all this rigmarole) would be capable of spontaneously starting a conversation!

For the full, unexpurgated text of Scot Gov’s guidance on background music in the hospitality sector, see link below:

Even more guidance on background music

Edited by Frankie S

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/22/pfizer-and-astrazeneca-highly-effective-against-india-covid-variant

Turns out that we did actually know that highly effective vaccines smack the latest variant all around the place as well. Another straw snatched away from Devi and the gang on their march back to irrelevance. 

Also makes Germany's 'decision' even more of a minter.

You love to see it - but the bed wetting obsession about every single vArIaNt simply must stop. There is more chance of an entirely new virus emerging and igniting another pandemic than the vaccines being unable to absolutely body and keep pace with anything the 'rona can throw at them. It is simply unhinged risk management and decision making.