Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Looking at the games tonight across England and Scotland that has fans makes me a little upset why us or the St.Johnstone fans can’t be at Hampden on Saturday. 

Churches still be full right enough.

Had my first jab today.  Got zero sleep last night.  Not a wink.  Nothing to do with any anxiety about it.  But I knew I'd have a busy as f**k day today and I'd be cutting it fine to make the appointment.  Turns out I was waiting over an hour to get seen.  Had I known that I'd have slept like a baby.

But in saying that, I've been finding it a lot more stressful recently.  I know cases are falling and things are looking better.  But knowing you get jab on X date and you should be safe from any serious illness on Y date has really fucked with me this past week.  More of a case of just my luck to catch it within grasp of being immune from it.  Even though stastically I'd probably be fine.  Even though it did hospitalise my half brother.  He's fine now.  Well he has some delusion involving the number 55.  But I guess that will never be cured.

But what I have found, and I bet I'm not alone in this.  Has this whole thing fucked with your dreams?  In any scenario in my dreams, I worry when I am not socially distanced in crowds or checking if I have my masks etc.  I had the chance to meet up with some pals I go to the games with on Saturday.  People I have known for years, that I have not seen in a whole year.  I refused.  Despite the years of doing all sorts of chemical misuse.  I thought it was to risky.  To sit in a beer garden for a few hours.

Edited by Lofarl

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The Scottish Sun and The Times saying Pubs may be closed in the coming days in Scotland due to the Indian Variant. 

Also East Renfrewshire and MIdlothian may be moved back a level due to spike in cases in both areas. 

Why are Pubs being specifically targeted here? 

That would be an absolute scandal if pubs were forced to close again, literally days after they were allowed to open after MONTHS of closure. I dont drink, I dont go to pubs apart from a very rare occasion but the way they've been treated is shocking. It's been so nice the last 2 days to see people going into pubs again, a bit of normality 

3 hours ago, David W said:

I also see that John Swinney is leading the coronavirus recovery. I hope he does a considerably better job that he's done with education; it's a disgrace he's been simply re-employed in a different role.

Swinney is a dour and incompetent loser. QLFMjQU.png

Fantastic stuff for all those 'progressive' types out there making sure to blame the big bad 'Indian' variant. Remember, all those who, before they lost their minds to this shan virus, never would have helped enabled things like this... but they have.

Posted at 18:24

Bolton resident tells of discrimination

c2293060-8218-4892-b1ef-1c3f540ae683.png

BBC Radio 5 Live

Bolton resident Sushma has had both her vaccines.

She told 5 Live Breakfast about her experiences of racism as a British Indian woman in an area where the Covid Indian variant is causing a spike in cases.

"Nobody can differentiate whether you’re Pakistani, Indian, Banglandeshi," she said. "They see an Asian person and go: ‘It’s because of you lot.'

"When you go into a supermarket...people jump when they come near you thinking: ‘She’s Asian so she’s going to give me something.'

"There's a lot of it going around at the moment: 'Because you're Indian you brought this variant into the town.' That's not true," added Shushma.

Listen to 5 Live on the free BBC Sounds app.

Conversation at work today that went like this:

Colleague: Looks like another lockdown is inevitable with this new Indian variant.

Me: Why? Nobody is dying and next to nobody hospitalised.

Colleague: Aye but you never know with these new variants

Me: So when will we learn to live with this and open up the country again?

Colleague: Maybe never, you just dont know.

I just walked away speechless. These c***s are the problem.

26 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Tomorrow's CCHQ newsletter Torygraph

That's Matt Hancock white knighting for his public health psychos, nothing a head flushed down the toilet won't solve. 

27 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Tomorrow's CCHQ newsletter Torygraph

Is this a minister for health from the same England that has just seen its hospital admissions drop to lowest levels since last year?

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That would be an absolute scandal if pubs were forced to close again, literally days after they were allowed to open after MONTHS of closure. I dont drink, I dont go to pubs apart from a very rare occasion but the way they've been treated is shocking. It's been so nice the last 2 days to see people going into pubs again, a bit of normality 

Agree, I dont drink or go to pubs, but im delighted for folks who work in them to be back at it and it stops my neighbours drinking in the garden and playing shite music til all hours so batter in. Would be an absolute disgrace to shut them. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Losing the run of ourselves once again after about 3 weeks of looking like we have some fucking clue/intention of re opening. 

Just nuke us. Keep slating India until they snap and nuke us. 

Beginning to think they just want us to go to work and come home and count down the days til we die. This is becoming an absolute clusterfuck, show me evidence of people who were offered the vaccine and took it who are dying and i’ll maybe get on board with some restrictions. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Beginning to think they just want us to go to work and come home and count down the days til we die. This is becoming an absolute clusterfuck, show me evidence of people who were offered the vaccine and took it who are dying and i’ll maybe get on board with some restrictions. 

I won't. I'll respectfully point out that people die of various causes all the time, and no one cause merits this level of invasion into my life unless there is another factor at play, such as a threat to the health service being able to function.

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Colleague: Looks like another lockdown is inevitable with this new Indian variant.

My girlfriend’s mum is exactly like this. Does my fucking head in. 

My girlfriend’s mum is exactly like this. Does my fucking head in. 
I know a few people like this and they're almost exclusively 50+, married and no social life whatsoever so a lockdown doesn't really hinder them. Selfish b*****ds as they're more commonly known.

25 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Is your colleague Helen Lovejoy?